SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ Western Michigan - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

I don't know about being a very good team.  If there were objective refs, ie other conference refs, they sit in the penalty box a lot more tonight for all the runs they take and there is a couple dq's.  I feel that Andy's team gooned it up this weekend and that is what  made the difference.

Make no mistake, Zane is what made the difference this weekend

I think he will stay. Gotta think he would be a decent minor league player but questionable at NHL level (that's no insult), like a good number of UND stars over the years. Despite the number of Sioux that go on to play in the big show, a good number don't that were stars in their college days. I know it's easy to chase a $1/2M or more to sign but I'd rather be a big man on campus on a top college team year in year out playing in front of nearly 12K fans vs playing on some minor league team playing in front of 1/3 to 1/2 of that tops. We all have different values/priorities though, understood.

Id be out of here

Yes the tricky part for guys like drake when you're an older undrafted prospect is signing at your peak. That's for him, Hak and scouts to determine after the season. Risky not signing at your peak as an undrafted. He has turned into a two way force out there with sick hands.

Yes the tricky part for guys like drake when you're an older undrafted prospect is signing at your peak. That's for him, Hak and scouts to determine after the season. Risky not signing at your peak as an undrafted. He has turned into a two way force out there with sick hands.

He's similar to Jason Gregoire and he had more points in his years at UND. Drake should stay. His college career will be his greatest experience.

Idk. Jason was one the of the best two-way forwards UND has had since Travis Zajac. His pro career just didn't pan out.

IMO Drake is more gifted overall offensively and is better/tougher defensively as a college player.

IMO Drake is more gifted overall offensively and is better/tougher defensively.

And I am going to disagree with you on the offense part. Drake should have way more goals. He earns every goal he gets, but he should burry a few more. When Jason was a junior, he'd damn near go end to end. It was pretty impressive. 

• Upvote 2

Make no mistake, Zane is what made the difference this weekend

Zane was clearly a huge part, but UND dominated WMU in both third periods this weekend. Two ENG goals hid that fact tonight. You're making it sound like these two teams are even if they shared goalies. I'm sorry, but they are not.

How are you all able to climb back on the bandwagon after breaking ankles jumping off?  Quite a feat.

LOL

I missed the game due to company being at our house, so I read the thread from beginning to end to "watch" the game.

Reading everyone freaking out and then all rejoicing minutes later was quite the roller coaster ride.

This quote summed it up perfectly.  :)

Nice sweep Sioux!!

Signing at your peak makes sense when you are stepping into big money -- that is, into NHL money, not AHL money. While AHL money is good money to most of us, it so pales to NHL pay as to not even be worth considering in the decision.  The goal should be to choose the path most likely to result in an NHL career. Given his age and size, Caggiula's a few years from the NHL, so the question is: where are those years best spend in trying to get to the NHL?  If it's the AHL, so be it.  But that's a tough league full of grown men chasing the same dream.  A year of getting stronger might not be a bad idea.

I've been on record this year thinking both he and Stecher have a shot at being two of the rare small guys who might actually make it in the NHL.  I hope they do, after getting draped in some green and white glory.

Signing at your peak makes sense when you are stepping into big money -- that is, into NHL money, not AHL money. While AHL money is good money to most of us, it so pales to NHL pay as to not even be worth considering in the decision.  The goal should be to choose the path most likely to result in an NHL career. Given his age and size, Caggiula's a few years from the NHL, so the question is: where are those years best spend in trying to get to the NHL?  If it's the AHL, so be it.  But that's a tough league full of grown men chasing the same dream.  A year of getting stronger might not be a bad idea.

I've been on record this year thinking both he and Stecher have a shot at being two of the rare small guys who might actually make it in the NHL.  I hope they do, after getting draped in some green and white glory.

A year of getting stronger, and I might add finishing your degree in case things don't work out.

Are we really talking how "good" western michigan is? Lets hope playing the #1 team brings out the best in other teams.

I think they are as good as CC. Not a lot of talent but they work their tails off. Again, UND dominated both third periods this weekend. It took two empty netters to get it to OT. Skill won out in the OT.

I think he will stay. Gotta think he would be a decent minor league player but questionable at NHL level (that's no insult), like a good number of UND stars over the years. Despite the number of Sioux that go on to play in the big show, a good number don't that were stars in their college days. I know it's easy to chase a $1/2M or more to sign but I'd rather be a big man on campus on a top college team year in year out playing in front of nearly 12K fans vs playing on some minor league team playing in front of 1/3 to 1/2 of that tops. We all have different values/priorities though, understood.

Look at Kristo...he doesnt seem able to make the show.