SiouxSports.com Forum

NLI Gameday Thread

geaux_sioux

Although Troy Hansen was a known commodity, I'd say his signing was a very good surprise being there wasn't a lot of recruiting info out there on him, other than his UND December visit & some rumors of FBS grayshirt/PWO offers.

Very true.  A few different sources had him signing here, but nothing official, especially from him.  Seeing the papers come in and it being official was nice.

His hudl tape is hillarious, on his 1st pick he out ran everyone on the offensive side of the ball...haven't seem that since jimmy kleinsasser. I am most excited about him out of everyone that signed. KI'd was pancakes everyone he was up against.

This kid is an FBS talent and a good kid and good student. He and Johannson the Fargo RB were best of N. Dak. kids.

ame="iramurphy" post="759898" timestamp="1423103701"]

I wonder if they would pull his shirt? I know it's rare for a lineman to get his shirt pulled but he is that good.

I doubt it, in spite of him being an athletic freak he hasn't played against very good competition yet and learning the offense and line calls will not happen over night. 

This is a very good class and that includes the PWO's. The four Canadian kids all have great upside. There isn't a top 5. This is a solid class with kids who have the potential to be very good at this level. The PWO's have nice upside. A lot of the kids in this signing class can play multiple positions and either side of the ball. That philosophy was used in past when 3-4 yrs after high school there were a lot of multiple sport athletes who had great upside and developed into very college players at positions other than what they played in high school. Sioux fb took big step with this group and this years transfers. Nice job by Bubba and staff.

If you're looking for the closest comparison to what UND's uniforms will look like next year, I'd say look at Sacramento State.

Both are Adidas, wear green helmets with black facemasks, and have green/white sets. Only differences would be any trim/style differences and the lighter shade of UND's due to Kelly green.

http://www.office-converter.com/server/php/files/c6mq51cshmp0a6rdunvc2a5pu5/html/image.html

All four possible combinations aren't hideous, although I do favor the two with white pants.

One more notion:

Could we get a consistent, cross-sport, representation for UND Athletics? 

1. All headgear (helmets, ball caps, softball visors) are < color here > at home and < color here > on the road. 

2. Stanard home jersey color is < color here >, standard road jersey is < color here >  for all sports unless otherwise mandated by the NCAA.

3. Alternate jersey color for all sports is < color here >. 

• Upvote 1

You're right we offered 7 kids out of Wisco and 8 in ND. This year it just wasn't to be this year in Wisconsin.

I agree.

7 offers tells me it wasn't a matter of WI being down, but the staff batting avg there just wasn't good this year.  When that happens you shift priorities elsewhere.

Kudos to the staff for being skilled enough to do that.