SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA FIGHTING SIOUX at UNO(UND wanna bes haha) Friday game thr

Emerald joker

I agree with you I don't get the hate for Jordan some people seem to have. He had great jump last night moving the puck very well and it seemed like he really played a lot of minutes. Over the past couple weekends it seems he has been even more aggressive in the offensive zone and has created some chances through jumping into the play and pinching to keep the puck in. He is never gonna be the type of defenseman who is gonna be a physical defenseman who is gonna be in a lot of board battles. He is a highly skilled finesse type player that can provide offense and move the puck well. There is no way they will sit him and there is no reason he should be sitting.

Its not hate- its criticism.  Jordan was a -1 last night in an OT loss.  He's +7 on the year, but +5 is from the Niagara series (vs the worst team in college hockey) in NCHC conference games only he's a -1

weakside rotation frees him up. 

But last night you defended him dropping Ortega so he wasn't perched in front of the net alone...I'm confused.  Before anyone had rotated over to free him up (in fact, before the hit even occurred), it sure looked like Mac had it in his head that he was going to that corner. 

Its not hate- its criticism.  Jordan was a -1 last night in an OT loss.  He's +7 on the year, but +5 is from the Niagara series (vs the worst team in college hockey) in NCHC conference games only he's a -1

Didn't specifically mean you it just seems like there is always someone after a game and especially after a loss that posts Jordan looks slow or lazy and should sit when in reality it may look that way to some people because he has such an easy smooth stride. Jordan is a very important player for this team and might be the best puck moving defenseman on this team and needs to play every game as long as he is healthy.

But last night you defended him dropping Ortega so he wasn't perched in front of the net alone...I'm confused.  Before anyone had rotated over to free him up (in fact, before the hit even occurred), it sure looked like Mac had it in his head that he was going to that corner. 

its timing- with Ortega bumped/chipped/knocked down, that buys the time for the rotation to happen.  Its not basketball, its hockey.  

This board is too funny. Some of you people are mental. Sit this guy, sit that one.

Bottom line, we were down 2-0 and came back and got the game to overtime. They lost. The team had a good effort and it was a good game. Move on. It's not a one and down scenario yet.

Take off your green glasses forget about the #1 seed in the pairwise or being 1 in the conference. It doesn't matter.

How many #1s go on to win the Natty? Pump the brakes people and go for a walk or get some exercise in today.

• Upvote 1

Oh, yes, I forgot to add to my earlier post.

Blais let a 2 goal lead slip away. Luckily got the officiating he needed to win in OT.

UND carried the play down 2.......& it wasn't because UNO went into the prevent D shell that UND is known for. The game was tied at 2 more because of what UND did in the 3rd than anything UNO did or didn't do.

I think it's ridiculous that anyone would be THAT mad about losing to the #5 team in the country in their own house. 

We battled back from a 0-2 hole, had some really bad, make it HORRID luck (I've never seen a puck skate across the line like that the way it did for Thompson's no goal), and came back strong.

What I can understand and what I AM mad about is the stupid ass penalty Mac took.  Whether it was embellished or not is not the point.  He clearly hit the guy and had absolutely no reason to.  I expect more from a Sr/ASS CPT, especially when we were already short handed. 

He needs to make up for that tonight.  As far as the big picture, the loss wasn't exactly the end of the world like some are saying.  It's not like we lost at home to Niagra.  Come on now. 

UND carried the play down 2.......& it wasn't because UNO went into the prevent D shell that UND is known for. The game was tied at 2 more because of what UND did in the 3rd than anything UNO did or didn't do.

Geez, just having a little fun here.....if UND had given up a 2 goal lead last night, what do you think some people would have been posting?

One comment I have on the MacMillen penalty on Ortega:   I didn't see several replays of it...just one, but Mac hit him pretty good.  Ortega may have gone down too easily, I don't know.  But he did a good job of acting.  Most guys coached in WI and MN flail away and lose limbs when they are diving.  Ortega didn't exhibit that sort of exaggerated behavior to my eyes.  Maybe he dived but IMO he might not have.

Blasphemy! Burn the witch at the stake for speaking of Dean Blais in a negative tone!

I wondered if someone would dare bring up the fact that Blais didn't have his team prepared for a lead.   You hate to criticize the guy, as much of a disappointment as he has been in Omaha.   I'm sure he's trying hard though. 

I wondered if someone would dare bring up the fact that Blais didn't have his team prepared for a lead. You hate to criticize the guy, as much of a disappointment as he has been in Omaha. I'm sure he's trying hard though.

You do remeber what he did with our program correct? Or were u not around back then?

• Upvote 1

I wondered if someone would dare bring up the fact that Blais didn't have his team prepared for a lead. You hate to criticize the guy, as much of a disappointment as he has been in Omaha. I'm sure he's trying hard though.

LOL, right! Dave Hakstol could win an NCAA championship this season and discover a cure for ebola in between the 2nd and 3rd periods of the title game and some folks would still think he's not quite the legend that Dean Blais is.

• Upvote 2

I was thinking the same exact thing......I have never seen a 5x3 in OT before. Couldn't believe the refs actually called the 2nd penalty not to mention not call the embellishment.

Wasn't in OT, but didn't Wisconsin have to play 5 x 3 in the final minutes of a one-goal game in the national championship against Maine?   6x3 actually, with the goalie pulled. 

I missed about 10 pages on this one today, so forgive me if this has been discussed:

Was St. Clair's penalty for popping the UNO guy in the chops after the little open-ice bump? If so, that's a bigger deal to me then MacMillan's penalty. MacMillan gave the guy a chance to flop, and flop (like a b!tch), he did. Can't believe it got called in OT already down a man, but it is what it is. St. Clair playing tough guy was a much bigger mistake in my opinion.

And yeah - as far as the people blowing this up to be another Hak chokejob or an example of Blais' coaching wizardry - nope. Didn't get the bounces early, made a SICK rally to tie up a 0-2 deficit (in an impressively rowdy road environment), and weren't able to pull off the *extremely rare* 5 on 3 PK in overtime. Sh!t happens, esp playing a good conference team on the road. Win tonight, gladly take the split, and look forward to a weekend off.