SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UMD

AZSIOUX

Question for you guys... How much is parking? I would normally park at my old fraternity on campus and walk, but with the little one, that'd be a cold walk, methinks.

albetrouse ten bucks right next to the building.  ran from there with my two year old in my arms in -20 weather last saturday

albetrouse ten bucks right next to the building. ran from there with my two year old in my arms in -20 weather last saturday

Decided I'm going to drop the wife and baby off at the front door, park at my old house and hoof it a couple blocks. Thanks for all the suggestions, though.

Didn't that damn thing "ski" behind the Zamboni?

Yup! I think it was on a Friday night in 1988 or 1989 when the Maroon Loon wiped out and the rope and triangle went flying in front of the zamboni. The driver didn't see it (fans were screaming "STOP!") and ran it over. The zamboni made a growling sound and screeched to a halt. Rope shredded, plastic triangle in a million pieces, zamboni broken. Saturday night, the loon was in the stands roaming around - he wasn't allowed on the ice.

Yup! I think it was on a Friday night in 1988 or 1989 when the Maroon Loon wiped out and the rope and triangle went flying in front of the zamboni. The driver didn't see it (fans were screaming "STOP!") and ran it over. The zamboni made a growling sound and screeched to a halt. Rope shredded, plastic triangle in a million pieces, zamboni broken. Saturday night, the loon was in the stands roaming around - he wasn't allowed on the ice.

Yup, that's pretty much what I remember.

We loved the Loon - those name committee folks should be spending all that $$$ on a expert costume maker & hiring a professional to be Thunder the Bleacher Creature- where do I send my bill for all my consulting I've done

So with Olson and St.Clair out up front the options are put in Murphy or Sanderson or move Poolman to forward this weekend and play both Mattson and Panzarella. I like the way Poolman has played when he has had to play up front but I'm not sure Panzarella is a real great matchup with Duluth's speed so it will be interesting to see which option Hak decides to go with on Friday night.

So with Olson and St.Clair out up front the options are put in Murphy or Sanderson or move Poolman to forward this weekend and play both Mattson and Panzarella. I like the way Poolman has played when he has had to play up front but I'm not sure Panzarella is a real great matchup with Duluth's speed so it will be interesting to see which option Hak decides to go with on Friday night.

Does make for an interesting decision by Hak.  I would go like this:

Parks-Mac-Caggs

Chyzyk-N Schmaltz-LJ

Pattyn-Gaarder-OD

Poolman-Pogs-Simonson

Panz in at D, Murphy sits.

Does make for an interesting decision by Hak.  I would go like this:

Parks-Mac-Caggs

Chyzyk-N Schmaltz-LJ

Pattyn-Gaarder-OD

Poolman-Pogs-Simonson

Panz in at D, Murphy sits.

These lines look good to me.  I will say that Sanderson surprised me a bit and showed some playmaking abilities and grit against the U-18 team.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Friday night.

These lines look good to me.  I will say that Sanderson surprised me a bit and showed some playmaking abilities and grit against the U-18 team.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Friday night.

Agree.  He could take Poolman's spot on the 4th line and Panz then sits.

Agree.  He could take Poolman's spot on the 4th line and Panz then sits.

I completely agree with SiouxScore and I don't think Panz should be in. Too much speed for UMD. Shuffle Murph or Sanderson in there and flip em the next night unless someone steps up.

No Olson now I guess.

Why?!? Why cant there be 1 year where we can be fully healthy

^^^^^^^^^

THIS......WTF, Can there be one year that the Sioux dont have someone injured all the time, Olson is a good player too! I swear we are the only school that always seems to have someone injured.

Since they had an awesome first half I think the NC$$ put a voodoo curse on us, DAMN THEM!!!!