SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Nebraska Omaha - Gobble Gobble

AZSIOUX

When did this thread merge with the Fire Hak thread?  Jeepers...

On topic:

This series is really a fun one for the wife and me - so many former Force players in action.  We get to see how far the boys have all progressed.  Seeing Zane, Colten, and Bryn (and Cam when he gets another shot on the ice) every weekend is great, but Blais pulls so many USHL players, that this series is on a different level. 

Quick check shows UNO is down to only 4 former Force players this year - I think they were as high as 6 in a recent season.

I get hockey is a physical sport but it seems UND has more injuries that affect the lineup than the team they play almost every weekend. 

Maybe Hak is just trying to get us back around .500 before we make our post-christmas playoff push?  Simple question?

• Upvote 1

No Nick Schmaltz, no Chyzyk, no O'D.

When you carry 15 forwards and three are out it means "all hands on deck" for the other twelve ... or a defenseman (or two) is playing up front. 

If there was ever a time for Murphy or Sanderson to figure it out, it's now. Else, Poolman and Panzarella will be skating. 

What do you guys think? Flipped Pogs up to the LJ line to replace OD and put Murphy in with Olson and Sim-O.

Could flip Pooly in with Olson and Sim-O and Murphy with Patts, too.

Drake - Mark - Parks
Pogs - Luke Johnson - St. Clair
Patts - Gaarder - Poolman
Olson - Sim-O - Murphy

Gage Ausmus – Troy Stecher
Nick Mattson – Paul LaDue
Keaton Thompson - Jordan Schmaltz

What do you guys think? Flipped Pogs up to the LJ line to replace OD and put Murphy in with Olson and Sim-O.

Drake - Mark - Parks

Olson - Sim-O - Murphy

With as well as the Simo, Olson, Pog line played on Saturday, I would be surprised to see them split up.

• Upvote 1

Drake - Mark - Parks

Olson - Sim-O - Murphy

I'd keep the freshman line together because of how well they played Saturday and just have Murphy replace OD.

Alright. It's your shot, Mr. Wade Murphy. The time is now, buddy. We all can see you have talent. You wouldn't be wearing green if you weren't. Time to make some plays and find the back of the net. We are done waiting!

For me, goals are gravy. I'm looking for him and the entire team to play smart, hard hockey every shift for the entire game. From that, goals should follow.

Can't stand it when players coast and take shifts off during the game. Number 1 pet peeve. Guys who do this need to be called out by their teammates and/or coaches AS IT'S HAPPENING so the culprits can modify their in-game behavior and start playing Sioux hockey. If the armchair Sioux fans can see this happening, so can the coaches and players..Losses are easier to swallow for me if the team plays passionate, smart hockey for 60 minutes..

I get hockey is a physical sport but it seems UND has more injuries that affect the lineup than the team they play almost every weekend.

I hear ya, but I'd rather have these injuries happening in November compared to March when we really need them. So maybe there is a silver lining with all these current injuries. .

Must be from the big hit he took on Saturday that should have been boarding.

My first thought as well, although after that hit OD came back with attitude, and made several big big hits himself. Kept waiting for the "hitting too hard" penalty we've seen so much, but none were made, thankfully.

My first thought as well, although after that hit OD came back with attitude, and made several big big hits himself. Kept waiting for the "hitting too hard" penalty we've seen so much, but none were made, thankfully.

Dont know if this is true or not but the my friend told me that the players can get a penalty now for hitting a player that has his head down because hes not expecting it, this just sounds dumb because thats protecting the player thats doing what he's not suppose to be doing. Not sure if this is true, sounds like my friend was joking with me

but the way bigger hits are being penalized now it wouldnt surprise me