SiouxSports.com Forum

Blackout Week: North Dakota vs. UM Griz

geaux_sioux

Not making a prediction yet, but just an observation.

The griz already have an fcs loss with a road game at EWU then MSU still to play.

From their perspective, I don't think they can afford a loss to UND.

Unlikely they will be overlooking this one.

Now that's a good assessment. 

Hey Guys,

I'm a first time poster, but long time reader.  I am not the die hard fan of either school, but a casual fan.  I have more ties to UND (my dad played basketball their, my mom, and wife all attended UND.  I was good friends with Coach Moody also.  Was also recruited to play basketball ball at UND, a long time ago.)  However, I am also a fan of NDSU (not a troll)!  I had friends in high school that had season tickets so I attended every Bison home game for about 3 years.  I will admit that I have really enjoyed the success of NDSU the past 4 years, and am really hoping UND can get back to challenging the Bison.  A good step would be this weekend.  Is Montana as good as MSU offensively?  Not sure,  I will say the Griz have played teams that are better at D then MSU have.  Montana does have a much better D than MSU does.  If UND continues to turn it over, or not get 1st downs, they will be in a world of hurt on Saturday.  The D needs to bring it, and if UND wants to win, Montana can not get more than 14.  Even if there is a pick 6, the D can only give up 7.  UND will have a tough time putting up 14 on the Griz D, but 14 is going to be that magic number to have a chance to win, IMO.

BTW, I love reading gfhockeys posts.

All home games are televised nationally on Fox College Sports.

Just an FYI, so you are not disappointed on Saturday. The ROOT Sports National deal with the Big Sky does not allow FCS to pick up our Big Sky home games, so the remaining four league games at the Alerus Center will only be available on Midco Sports Network and on WatchBigSky.com and its accompanying Watch Big Sky apps. 

Just an FYI, so you are not disappointed on Saturday. The ROOT Sports National deal with the Big Sky does not allow FCS to pick up our Big Sky home games, so the remaining four league games at the Alerus Center will only be available on Midco Sports Network and on WatchBigSky.com and its accompanying Watch Big Sky apps. 

What?  Why would Root Sports control EVERY teams home games when they only televise one game per week?

Thanks for the clarification.  I hope that deal can be modified in the future like the CBS hockey deal was.

This would make sense if we actually got a game on Root...probably out of your control but pretty dumb policy none the less.