SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Scores & News

bincitysioux

Anyway that we can limit the hockey only trolls to the hockey threads - just saying... yes, I am talking to Mafia/gf hockey - to think I helped Mafia squirt team out one year - at least it helped the kids not that they had much of a role model.

MafiaMan has added a lot to the football conversation. Just because he doesn't spew convoluted groupthink doesn't mean he's a hockey only troll, he obviously knows football. And gfhockey keeps us connected with the real power players behind the scenes so there's that.
  • Upvote 1

One of the reasons threads get closed is when they veer off topic.  IMO, that thread, at 145 pages, of which not many of the last few had much of anything to do with the future games between North Dakota and NDSU, had become a train wreck.  That's why it was closed.

The future series is a valid topic and I see there is already a new thread for it, and that is great.  As long as it stays on topic and everyone is civil towards one another it will remain open.

The problem with banning all the "trolls" is that it seems a good number UND fans on this site consider anyone with a different view point a troll.  All of the moderators do our best to police the threads that we read in a manner that we deem to be in good taste.  I may tend to let a lot of stuff go generally unless things start getting way of topic or personal attacks and/or profanity become a problem.  

Obviously the Sioux fans on this site probably outnumber fans from other schools by 10-1, and honestly for every NDSU/UM/UofWhatever fan that I would consider tossing, their are probably 10 Sioux fans I would consider doing the same to.  So yeah, I may let NDSU fans get way with some sarcastic and fruitless comments, but not nearly as much as I let Sioux fans.  But I didn't become a mod to become popular with the members of the forum.  I do it for the money and the women.

When someone admits they are a troll they should be banned. I also think when someone comes on board and admits they hate UND (constantly)they should be banned. When someone continually posts degrading posts about UND and seldom has anything else to say they shoul be banned. It would take me less than 5 minutes to come up with a list and the site would be much more enjoyable. 

• Upvote 2

Anyway that we can limit the hockey only trolls to the hockey threads - just saying... yes, I am talking to Mafia/gf hockey - to think I helped Mafia squirt team out one year - at least it helped the kids not that they had much of a role model.

So let me get this right...you "helped"...which probably means what you kicked in a few bucks to help fund a SS.com named mites or squirts team a few years back if my memory serves me right and you probably have never met MM. Yet because of his post content which you don't care for and your deemed status of him as a hockey troll somehow the connection is made by you he isn't a good role model for kids...anything else I missed?

That post was bush league and you know it.

So let me get this right...you "helped"...which probably means what you kicked in a few bucks to help fund a SS.com named mites or squirts team a few years back if my memory serves me right and you probably have never met MM. Yet because of his post content which you don't care for and your deemed status of him as a hockey troll somehow the connection is made by you he isn't a good role model for kids...anything else I missed?

That post was bush league and you know it.

Just getting tire of the GF/Mafia shtick probably more GF but it gets old - the rest of your post you are making a large assumptions..  apologies to all that I have offended.  But, you are correct - I have never meet your before.  We should have a beer tailgating.

Not happy with my post comments? Offer up a counter-point.

Not happy with your youth hockey donation from what, 6, 7 years ago? PM me your address and I'll send you a refund.

Not happy with how I coach youth baseball? Feel free to share your personal experience in dealing with me where you felt I was a poor role model for kids.

Bush league post is right. Unreal.

Anyway that we can limit the hockey only trolls to the hockey threads - just saying...  yes, I am talking to Mafia/gf hockey - to think I helped Mafia squirt team out one year - at least it helped the kids not that they had much of a role model.

I take exception

how many t gating spots you got ???

are you from the chosen city?

you raised in the chosen city?

hmmmmmmm

Ugh! When will this foolishness end? UND, the first and best with school color field turf. The way it should be.

The Eastern Washington field was difficult to watch two weeks ago. Between the red (field), black uniforms (EWU), and white and orange uniforms (SHSU), I had a headache when it was all over.

Saw some pics of Eastern Michigan's game last weekend - green uniforms with grey pants for the home team - on a grey field. Not good.

Not Big Sky scores, but

Lafayette 50  Robert Morris 3

Col St- Pueblo 47 Sam Houston St 21

Hawaii 27  UNI  24

Looks like Sam Houston State might not even make the playoffs.

And Does UNI care more about money than the playoffs? This is the second time in so many years they have scheduled two FBS teams in one year and lost both those games.