SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Scores & News

bincitysioux

Interesting, because I thought Kansas State had twelve seasons of 9+ wins since 1993 and was coming off an 11-1 season heading into 2013...

what was their record last year when the ndac actually played them...bc with that theory we will be playing national powerhouse wyoming last year bc they won 10 games back in 1979?

what was their record last year when the ndac actually played them...bc with that theory we will be playing national powerhouse wyoming last year bc they won 10 games back in 1979?

Oh, I'm sorry, I mistook you for the poster who said "they normally do [suck] if you look up their records" when it comes to recent history of KSU football.

Oh, wait, that WAS you who said that, wasn't it?

8-5 I believe.

four of those wins were against power house programs like louisiana-lafeyette, umass, ia state, and kansas

west virginia was 4-8 with wins against william&mary, georgia state, ok state, and tcu

umass was 1-11 with awin against miami, ohio

tcu was 4-8 with wins again southeastern louisana, smu, kansas, and iowa state

ia state was 3-9 with wins again tulsa, kansas, and west virginia

kansas was 3-9 with wins against south dakota, la tech, and west virginia

louisiana-lafeyette was 9-3

michigan was 7-6

texas tech was 8-5

Put in our place? lol Sorry but UND fans can't put anyone in their place.

Completely incorrect. Look at ranking systems across the country and then tell me how much more "impressive" the school to the south is. NDSU has had success in FCS football; that's it. When looking at the big picture, UND is the flagship university of North Dakota and NDSU is merely an agriculture-specialty intuition that emphasizes FCS football.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities/page+15

www.grandforksherald.com/content/magazine-und-outranks-ndsu-famous-alumni-department

• Upvote 1

More success in Football and Basketball. UND has hockey and that's about it.

UND's women athletics are superior to NDSU as well. And NDSU has had success in their conference in basketball, but that's about it (albeit the Oklahoma win last year has people thinking NDSU is unbelievable in basketball too). After all, UND did blow out NDSU men's basketball last season.

Okay, I regress. Back to BSC scores and news.

And NDSU has had success in their conference in basketball, but that's about it (albeit the Oklahoma win last year has people thinking NDSU is unbelievable in basketball too). After all, UND did blow out NDSU men's basketball last season.

Okay, I regress. Back to BSC scores and

NDSU ended Wisconsin's home winning streak.

NDSU went toe-to-toe with Kansas in the NCAA's.

NDSU beat Notre Dame in South Bend.

As you mentioned, NDSU beat Oklahoma in last year's NCAA opening round.

I don't know what you call that, but I call it being pretty good.

Any Big Sky scores to report yet?

UND 0

MSU 0   15:00 1st quarter

• Upvote 4

Got it, NDSU basketball is amazing. Anything else?

JUST A REMINDER THAT THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD IS BIG SKY NEWS & SCORES

You are the one that locked the "Future UND/ Bisons football Game" thread citing that it had run its course even though there actually IS a future UND/NDSU football game now. Where did you think the "shoe size" measuring contest would go? 

Wouldn't it make more sense to kick the trolls off of the board instead of locking threads?

• Upvote 3

You are the one that locked the "Future UND/ Bisons football Game" thread citing that it had run its course even though there actually IS a future UND/NDSU football game now. Where did you think the "shoe size" measuring contest would go?

Wouldn't it make more sense to kick the trolls off of the board instead of locking threads?

I may have to agree with this…

• Upvote 2

One of the reasons threads get closed is when they veer off topic.  IMO, that thread, at 145 pages, of which not many of the last few had much of anything to do with the future games between North Dakota and NDSU, had become a train wreck.  That's why it was closed.

The future series is a valid topic and I see there is already a new thread for it, and that is great.  As long as it stays on topic and everyone is civil towards one another it will remain open.

The problem with banning all the "trolls" is that it seems a good number UND fans on this site consider anyone with a different view point a troll.  All of the moderators do our best to police the threads that we read in a manner that we deem to be in good taste.  I may tend to let a lot of stuff go generally unless things start getting way of topic or personal attacks and/or profanity become a problem.  

Obviously the Sioux fans on this site probably outnumber fans from other schools by 10-1, and honestly for every NDSU/UM/UofWhatever fan that I would consider tossing, their are probably 10 Sioux fans I would consider doing the same to.  So yeah, I may let NDSU fans get way with some sarcastic and fruitless comments, but not nearly as much as I let Sioux fans.  But I didn't become a mod to become popular with the members of the forum.  I do it for the money and the women.

There are a few NDSU posters that do offer good insight and add to the conversation and I appreciate that. However, there are more than a few that add nothing whatsoever and constantly derail threads. It gets old quickly and I understand why some UND posters do not visit or post here anymore. Simply put, more could be done to curtail constant trolls from derailing threads.

• Upvote 2

There are a few NDSU posters that do offer good insight and add to the conversation and I appreciate that. However, there are more than a few that add nothing whatsoever and constantly derail threads. It gets old quickly and I understand why some UND posters do not visit or post here anymore. Simply put, more could be done to curtail constant trolls from derailing threads.

Some of them even admit they troll... 

• Upvote 1

Completely incorrect. Look at ranking systems across the country and then tell me how much more "impressive" the school to the south is. NDSU has had success in FCS football; that's it. When looking at the big picture, UND is the flagship university of North Dakota and NDSU is merely an agriculture-specialty intuition that emphasizes FCS football.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities/page+15

www.grandforksherald.com/content/magazine-und-outranks-ndsu-famous-alumni-department

How different do you think the schools are really ranked given UND is tied for #168 with 4 other schools, then there is a group of 8 tied at #173, and then NDSU tied for #181 with 6 other schools? It looks like a golf tournament result to me. Since both universities are included in the National University list, my guess is US News doesn't agree with your "agriculture-specialty intuition" tag.

How different do you think the schools are really ranked given UND is tied for #168 with 4 other schools, then there is a group of 8 tied at #173, and then NDSU tied for #181 with 6 other schools? It looks like a golf tournament result to me. Since both universities are included in the National University list, my guess is US News doesn't agree with your "agriculture-specialty intuition" tag.

That's some good Big Sky Conference news...

• Upvote 1