SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Scores & News

bincitysioux

Last UND home game packed just around 2K...just saying. Next Saturday might get 11K if lucky.

What was the average attendance in 2001, 2003, 2007? That is where UND needs to get back to before FBS can even become a study. UND is stuck in the Alerus until February of 2019. So its not like we are moving up next year. 

What was the average attendance in 2001, 2003, 2007? That is where UND needs to get back to before FBS can even become a study. UND is stuck in the Alerus until February of 2019. So its not like we are moving up next year.

FBS? Just to clear the air...are you serious or dreaming aloud?

FBS? Just clear the air...are you serious or dreaming aloud?

I am talking in the future like say 2020 and beyond. I just said if UND ever goes FBS (whenever that is) a 30-35k stadium would be ideal modeled after Wyoming. MafiaMan compared to the attendance in 2013. So I said when conditions are right, (population growth, conference affiliation, and most importantly talent on the field) UND could fill a 30-35k stadium. If GF in say 2020 or 2025 had a population of 75-100k and if we are winning a NC, or at least playing at a level like Montana or EWU, a move up with a stadium that big shouldn't be a problem.

I don't know what the average attendance was, but even if it was 15,000, you are talking about more than doubling attendance. Where are all of these new fans going to come from?

I am talking in the future like say 2020 and beyond. I just said if UND ever goes FBS (whenever that is) a 30-35k stadium would be ideal modeled after Wyoming. MafiaMan compared to the attendance in 2013. So I said when conditions are right, (population growth, conference affiliation, and most importantly talent on the field) UND could fill a 30-35k stadium. If GF in say 2020 or 2025 had a population of 75-100k and if we are winning a NC, or at least playing at a level like Montana or EWU, a move up with a stadium that big shouldn't be a problem.

Wyoming's a great model to follow...except that there's no Wyoming State seventy five miles away!

• Upvote 1

I don't know what the average attendance was, but even if it was 15,000, you are talking about more than doubling attendance. Where are all of these new fans going to come from?

So where did we gain an extra 6,000 fans at the Ralph? Where did we gain an extra 5 or 6k from Memorial to the Alerus? Read my previous post. 

Wyoming's a great model to follow...except that there's no Wyoming State seventy five miles away!

Montana and Montana State have no problem filling up their stadiums and Missoula has a population of Bismarck and Bozeman has a population of Minot. When population grows (which it is), and when the talent level is high (hasn't been since 07) people will come.

So where did we gain an extra 6,000 fans at the Ralph? Where did we gain an extra 5 or 6k from Memorial to the Alerus? Read my previous post.

Grand Forks is a hockey-mad town...considering that only approximately 3,000 fans (not including students) could attend a game, it certainly wasn't unreasonable to think that that number could easily be increased.

• Upvote 2

Grand Forks is a hockey-mad town...considering that only approximately 3,000 fans (not including students) could attend a game, it certainly wasn't unreasonable to think that that number could easily be increased.

So you are saying UND couldn't fill a 30k stadium if we had high talent for years like EWU or even NDSU and have a population that rivals Fargo, and in a conference like the MW ( for sh#ts and giggles)

Montana and Montana State have no problem filling up their stadiums and Missoula has a population of Bismarck and Bozeman has a population of Minot. When population grows (which it is), and when the talent level is high (hasn't been since 07) people will come.

Is there a D-1 hockey team in Missoula? If Montana football is lackluster, do fans just join the other side and drive to Bozeman (a solid three hour drive) for a game instead? Nope and nope.

So you are saying UND couldn't fill a 30k stadium if we had high talent for years like EWU or even NDSU and have a population that rivals Fargo, and in a conference like the MW ( for sh#ts and giggles)

In a word...no.

All that high talent for EWU drew 10,000 to see the #1 ranked team in the country play a Sam Houston State team that has eliminated them in the playoffs two years in a row. Apparently there wasn't any need to move the game to Seattle to accomodate all the fans.

MafiaMan:

Missoula has a Tier 2 Junior A hockey team and Montana has a club hockey team. Bozeman is roughly 2 hours away from Missoula.

I know about the Junior A team and club hockey there...neither are 7-time NCAA champions. Bozeman is 200 miles away from Missoula...how fast are you driving?

All that high talent for EWU drew 10,000 to see the #1 ranked team in the country play a Sam Houston State team that has eliminated them in the playoffs two years in a row. Apparently there wasn't any need to move the game to Seattle to accomodate all the fans.

So they sold out their stadium instead of moving it all the way to the other side of the state 266 miles to play in a city that doesn't care about the FCS. Thats not what I am talking about. Nice try.