SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 College Hockey (non UND hockey)

MafiaMan

I haven't seen BC play yet this year, but look at the boxes and scorers, the seem to be a bit down. Anyone have insight on this?

I watched the BU game and while BC still has high-end talent, BU skated circles around them at times. Demko looked like a freshman out there in the 3rd period too. BU took the game over, something I did not expect at BC's nest.

I haven't seen BC play yet this year, but look at the boxes and scorers, the seem to be a bit down. Anyone have insight on this?

I think if you read any of their blogs or fan sites, or articles about the games, the general consensus is that they aren't getting any production out of their older forwards.  If you have half a dozen juniors and seniors on your forward lines, and if they produce a half dozen goals total, it's pretty hard to have a ton of success.  There seems to be some feeling that BC "missed" with a couple of their classes, which of course is bound to happen.  UND has gone through it.  MN has gone through it.  Michigan and Wisconsin have gone (are going?) through it.

They could be a lot better by the end of the year, as they have some young talent that is high end.  I guess we will see.  Don't feel too sorry for York that Sonny Milano was a no-show.

They could be a lot better by the end of the year, as they have some young talent that is high end.  I guess we will see.  Don't feel too sorry for York that Sonny Milano was a no-show.

Agreed, they should get better as the year goes on.  They are also missing Santini who I believe is a 1st rounder.  Also, I think this just shoes how tough college hockey is for younger teams.  Look at Hanafin, everyone though he was going to go gangbusters like Eichel.  Although he was been pretty solid I guess, he has not been one of the best defensemen in the country, yet.

LOL!!! :lol:

Who said anything about national titles? I'll be the first to admit that the SEC has been more top-heavy than any other conference in recent years. My point was that overall top to bottom the Big Ten is just as good. Go ahead and add up all of the wins and losses combined for every team in the SEC and every team in the Big Ten. You will find that they are much closer to identical than the SEC-loving media wants you to believe. Now please people let this go so we can get the thread back on topic. Don't make me feel the need to continue proving the propaganda wrong in a thread that it doesn't belong in.

Well that's obvious, you play roughly the same percentage of non conference to conference games. I would agree looking just at win/loss records that they would be similar.

I think if you read any of their blogs or fan sites, or articles about the games, the general consensus is that they aren't getting any production out of their older forwards.  If you have half a dozen juniors and seniors on your forward lines, and if they produce a half dozen goals total, it's pretty hard to have a ton of success.  There seems to be some feeling that BC "missed" with a couple of their classes, which of course is bound to happen.  UND has gone through it.  MN has gone through it.  Michigan and Wisconsin have gone (are going?) through it.

One of the things that emerged was that Johnny Hockey was doing most of the scoring. They didn't get a lot of secondary scoring from other lines. 

Thanks, Big 10 Network, too. I thought the idea of non-Friday and Saturday night hockey was increased exposure for the sport! What are you showing tonight?

Well....

Michigan State and Ohio State are bad enough that NOT having games on TV might help recruiting, compared to making their games available. ... just sayin'

I know it's early in the season and rankings don't count for beans, but can anyone explain the position of Mich. Tech in the Krach rankings for me?

http://siouxsports.com/hockey/rankings/krach/

I think it has something to do with the fact that they haven't lost so they have a 0 in the loss column. Same thing with Wisconsin with the 0 in the win column. I think there is something about not calculating or comparing until a team gets a win or a loss? Probably not the best explanation but I believe it's something like that.