SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 College Hockey (non UND hockey)

MafiaMan

In all the projected polls, I'm surprised Duluth isn't getting more love.  Sure they had a rocky start, but sweeping SCSU and UMN on back to back weekends should put them close to Top 5 in my opinion.  BU, ND, Tech, MN, UMass Lowell, Duluth, Miami?

MafiaMan - I feel like for Jamie Russell's sake, we should note that in one of those last years, Tech was absolutely annihilated by injuries.  There's only so much any coach can do with that.  Obviously Russell's record as a whole is poor, but I felt pretty bad for him that year (I'm trying to remember the specific year, but can't).

meh. Polls don't matter. Just keep winning.

Russell had a TON of injuries. It was insane how many people were hurt. But he was unable to develop his players and the program and fans treaded into dangerous water. The atmosphere was so bad back a few years ago that my UMD friends who went to a game there, felt bad cheering. It was that dead. A change was needed because the players had quit on him. 

You're obviously been brainwashed by the media into buying the east coast bias. They don't cannibalize each other any more so than the Big Ten does. If you want to open your mind (and eyes) and enlighten yourself to the truth, add up all the wins and losses combined for every team in the SEC and then do the same exact thing for the Big Ten. The fact of the matter is that they're about dead even, and the notion that the SEC is soooooooooooooooooooo much better is just nothing more than baseless hype/propaganda.

Except for the fact that the SEC is better than everyone else.  They (SEC) may be a little down this year, but the Big Joke (10) cannot hang with the big dogs from the SEC...

I'm really wondering where he is pulling his stats from. In recent years, since 2010, hasn't the sec doubled up the b10 on head to head wins?

Pretty sure he's not getting them from here.  http://www.mcubed.net/ncaaf/tvc/sec/big10.shtml

But since it was me who made the comparison between the NCHC conference this year and the SEC West, I apololgize for getting the thread off track.

You're obviously been brainwashed by the media into buying the east coast bias. They don't cannibalize each other any more so than the Big Ten does. If you want to open your mind (and eyes) and enlighten yourself to the truth, add up all the wins and losses combined for every team in the SEC and then do the same exact thing for the Big Ten. The fact of the matter is that they're about dead even, and the notion that the SEC is soooooooooooooooooooo much better is just nothing more than baseless hype/propaganda.

why am I surprised that this idiot doesn't know anything about college football either? :ohmy:

I was telling my buddy who is a gopher fan that so far this year in college hockey that the NCHC is similar to the SEC in football while the Big 10 is like....well......like the big 10

You obsessed with me bro?

Everytime I post your there making some mart Alec comment back

Go back to serving me drinks pal

Your crap is just so worn out. I've moved on from serving drinks. Maybe you should consider moving on from your silly bit.

You stir the pot, just to stir the pot. Simple as that. I'm just calling you out.

How's it feel to have someone be a smart a$$ to all your smart a$$ comments? Not so good, huh?

Right, that's why the head-to-head matchups over the years are about dead even. LMAO at the over the top ignorance! :lol:

Having made that correction, we should now probably steer this thread back on topic.

There hasn't been a football national title won above the Mason Dixon line in the last 10 years.

I no for a fact we aren't the Alabama of coege hockey.

They win nattys

We don't

I wouldn't agree with that, Alabama was on a 17 year title drought until Nick Saban came along. If Gene Stallings didn't win one in 1992 that would be 30 years with no title, and the same can be said about Saban.

• Upvote 1

RPI at UConn and Harvard at Dartmouth tonight...UConn has surprised me - they have a W over BC and a tie with BU on their resumé already this season.

After a rough start, RPI is 4-2 over their last 6 games, including a sweep over the defending NCAA champions.