SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 College Hockey (non UND hockey)

MafiaMan

I'm sorry but I just watched the recording of the Penn State/Minnesota game from yesterday (great finish, BTW) and I found Buccigross' commentary, play-by-play annoying. I don't think he and Geoffrion (sp?) can touch Starman and Holden. Wow, those two by contrast really study and follow the college game.

I'm sorry but I just watched the recording of the Penn State/Minnesota game from yesterday (great finish, BTW) and I found Buccigross' commentary, play-by-play annoying. I don't think he and Geoffrion (sp?) can touch Starman and Holden. Wow, those two by contrast really study and follow the college game.

Buccigross was extra annoying and Geoffrion didn't help either. Buccigross said Geoffrion played at Minnesota and wasn't a defensemen both are wrong, Geoffrion said North Dakota lost when in fact they won. You can start a drinking game with the games called by Buccigross and be wasted by the end of the 1st period. "Thin Mints", and "sauce" were said every 5 seconds, every time there was a pass it was "sauce".

Buccigross was extra annoying and Geoffrion didn't help either. Buccigross said Geoffrion played at Minnesota and wasn't a defensemen both are wrong, Geoffrion said North Dakota lost when in fact they won. You can start a drinking game with the games called by Buccigross and be wasted by the end of the 1st period. "Thin Mints", and "sauce" were said every 5 seconds, every time there was a pass it was "sauce".

Bucci is an embarrassment to college hockey

...it's like that creepy uncle who wants to hug his hot niece a bit too long.

• Upvote 2

Last spring when I got back to work after the Frozen Four, one of my co-workers didn't know I was in Philly and asked me if I watched the championship game and I said, "yeah, I was there." And he told me I was lucky that I didn't have to listen to those horrible announcers on ESPN. 

Here's a new drinking game, when Buccigross calls a game, drink every time he says wrist shot. You would be drunk by the end of the first period. I can't for the life of me understand why this guy is so popular. I find him annoying. Almost as bad as the homer that does the Gopher games on FSN (Doug McLeod).

Here's a new drinking game, when Buccigross calls a game, drink every time he says wrist shot. You would be drunk by the end of the first period. I can't for the life of me understand why this guy is so popular. I find him annoying. Almost as bad as the homer that does the Gopher games on FSN (Doug McLeod).

Don't for get when he says thin mints, and if he happens to show thin mints during the game you have to drink a bottle (which he did during the Minnesota and Penn State game).

I will gladly take the last 3 Gopher play-by-play crews over Buccigross. I don't know who made him this ambassador for hockey?

I can't stand Buccigross on Sportcenter.

Saturday's UMD at Miami game:

- camera operators - average to slightly above

- producer - should be fired immediately*

*You need to stay with the primary camera for 75% or more of the game. This person kept going for tight shots during live play which is difficult for the best of the best to pull off. The secondary cameras are for replays and stoppages or when the puck is in a corner scrum. This person should be made to watch NBCSN doing the NHL for no fewer than ten games to begin to get a clue of how to produce a hockey telecast.

I've followed the game for years. I plead ignorant...what the hell does thin mints mean? And I hope terms like "saucy mits" and "twisted wrister" will go away.

This is the thing. You love him or hate him but he puts division 1 hockey near the top of his list. I applaud this despite his obvious shortcomings.

• Upvote 1

This is the thing. You love him or hate him but he puts division 1 hockey near the top of his list. I applaud this despite his obvious shortcomings.

Yah, you're right-he has made it known his love of college hockey. I just get tired of the glib nature of his play by play.
  • Upvote 1

As annoying he is he has a passion for college hockey which is extremely rare in national coverage. This is the only reason I give the guy a pass. Melrose follows college puck for two weeks a year. If he picks us again to win a title I might puke.

I think he's hard to listen too. I watch a lot of hockey every year, courtesy of NHL Center Ice, but he's just awful. 

Yeah I agree with this. I love his promotion of the game on twitter, sportscenter etc. because it brings new fans to college hockey.

That being said, his announcing is atrocious.  I feel like I'm listening to a 13 yr old kid announce his friends knee hockey game in the basement. Give me Starman and Holden any day of the week over Buccimayne or whatever he calls himself.

Doug McLeod from FSN says a lot of stupid stuff too.

Doug Mcleod went off on a minute-long rant three weeks ago about how his car looks a lot like the Ohio State uniforms...it's got some red in it...some white snow and ice...some grey and dirty silver...

All while play was going on. Painful to listen to.

I've followed the game for years. I plead ignorant...what the hell does thin mints mean? And I hope terms like "saucy mits" and "twisted wrister" will go away.

Starman dropped the "filthy mitts" line on Drake's goal on Friday night. All of these terms are being GREATLY over-used these days.

*You need to stay with the primary camera for 75% or more of the game. This person kept going for tight shots during live play which is difficult for the best of the best to pull off. The secondary cameras are for replays and stoppages or when the puck is in a corner scrum. This person should be made to watch NBCSN doing the NHL for no fewer than ten games to begin to get a clue of how to produce a hockey telecast.

I think that's a student production. The FSN crew was in St. Cloud on Saturday and those guys are awesome and they're students as well.

That's on the director and unfortunately it's something they do every broadcast at Miami. If the puck is near the net, they take the tight cam. Often it's a split second before a goal which makes editing highlights a huge pain.

Watch the nchc goals of the week video and you'll notice it looks a bit off when Miami scores at home.

I tend to give all announcers a break as I am just happy to get Sioux hockey, I find homers funny.   Until Hammer and Kober upgrade their show, I hesitate to criticize others.  I like Doc Emeric, as should the rest of the world.

Doc Emeric is awesome.