SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 College Hockey (non UND hockey)

MafiaMan

Blaming the refs when we're not even playing. Classic

They get some calls that shouldn't go for them, hard to hold Warning when he is in front of the Michigan State player.

A 3-0 lead on the road in the 1st against Minnesota's back-up goalie...MSU should be kicking itself over this missed opportunity.

They had opportunities early in the 2nd.  

Isn't Minnesota just about out of luck? I swear, Don Lucia's had a leprechaun in his suit pocket since the OSU weekend.

They do get some well timed power plays.

The third period I thought Wisconsin changed their colors from red and white to green and white. Michigan State would break the puck out dump it in and just sit in the neutral zone waiting for Minnesota to bring the puck in the zone.  

When BTN finally got to the hockey feed following the OT basketball game, my first reaction when I saw it was 3-0 Spartans?

"Not enough."

I knew Minnesota was going to get a power play and Michigan State was going to be in trouble. Michigan State can only blame themselves that they didn't put away the chances they had.   

I knew Minnesota was going to get a power play and Michigan State was going to be in trouble. Michigan State can only blame themselves that they didn't put away the chances they had.   

No doubt.  You don't get many chances against a good team where you're up 3-0 early and playing against their 2nd-string goalie who's seen all his action on the bench.

Minnesota's problem in recent years (not last year) when they've underperformed has been their tendency to quit, and they were doing it earlier this year.   When I saw them down 3 with their back-up goalie in, I wondered how they would respond.    This team might not be playing the top shelf in the pw, but it looks like it's starting to play up to its potential--and there is a lot of it.   We all are afflicted with some degree of gopher hate, but they are becoming a team to be reckoned with.   

Minnesota's problem in recent years (not last year) when they've underperformed has been their tendency to quit, and they were doing it earlier this year.   When I saw them down 3 with their back-up goalie in, I wondered how they would respond.    This team might not be playing the top shelf in the pw, but it looks like it's starting to play up to its potential--and there is a lot of it.   We all are afflicted with some degree of gopher hate, but they are becoming a team to be reckoned with.   

Meh, best of the lousiest :)