SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 College Hockey (non UND hockey)

MafiaMan

Would it be better to have 3 NCHC teams in the top 4 in Pairwise or have 6 NCHC teams in top 13 in Pairwise?

Some believe the league wants at least 5 in the top 13.  Six would be impressive.  Are the two scenario's mutually exclusive?  Meaning, if 3 NCHC teams make the top 4 do they (in being that strong) have to win so many games against conference opponents that the opponents fall out of the top 13?  I guess it makes sense, I just haven't done the "what if"?

Huge win for Providence College last night at home against UMass...coulda been a PWR-buster.  The Friars scored with 8 seconds left in the game to tie it and then got the game-winner in OT.  Skating Friars, baby!  

Northeastern could end up wining  the Beanpot this year. Northeastern has been playing well since beating BC and BU hasn't look all that impressive since beating Harvard.

Northeastern could end up wining the Beanpot this year. Northeastern has been playing well since beating BC and BU hasn't look all that impressive since losing to Harvard but advancing to the Beanpot title game anyways thanks to the horrible no-goal call.

Fixed your post.

Some believe the league wants at least 5 in the top 13.  Six would be impressive.  Are the two scenario's mutually exclusive?  Meaning, if 3 NCHC teams make the top 4 do they (in being that strong) have to win so many games against conference opponents that the opponents fall out of the top 13?  I guess it makes sense, I just haven't done the "what if"?

It would make it tough for the NCAA committee to put a ton of NCHC teams in a single bracket.  If they were all spread out as seeds, I could see the NCAA putting 2-3 NCHC teams in single brackets and even having a couple inter-conference 1st round games.

If the NCHC ends up with 3 #1 seeds, it forces the NCAA to put them all in different brackets.

UMN is trending upward now, could end up as a #2 seed if they keep winning.  Michigan sure has tanked now though.  I could see any team winning the B10 tourney, which could put 2 B10 teams in the tourney even if their play all year has been mediocre.

I think this is simply trying to get a rise out of UM and UND fans. I still think UM will weasel their way out of the Fargo regional. Lucia and the Big 6 will get whatever they want. I think UM's experience against Holy Cross is the reason we don't have schools host regionals in their own barns. The atmosphere in Fargo will be even louder and more intimate than the Ralph. Personally, I want to play them. Hopefully it's just deeper in the tourney (if they make it). :)

I think this is simply trying to get a rise out of UM and UND fans. I still think UM will weasel their way out of the Fargo regional. Lucia and the Big 6 will get whatever they want. I think UM's experience against Holy Cross is the reason we don't have schools host regionals in their own barns. The atmosphere in Fargo will be even louder and more intimate than the Ralph. Personally, I want to play them. Hopefully it's just deeper in the tourney (if they make it). :)

I think we fans give Donny and Minny a little too much credit to be able to influence the NCAA. Lucia isn't going to weasel out of anything. If the committee wants UM/UND, it's gonna happen.

Yep, you can see in the goal cam shot the puck was on Malone's back. How the ref looking down didn't see the BU player use his stick to pull the puck off of Malone's back is beyond me.

The in net goal cameras would help with all these goal reviews, the NCHC should set the standard by being the first conference to have them.

• Upvote 1

Yep, you can see in the goal cam shot the puck was on Malone's back. How the ref looking down didn't see the BU player use his stick to pull the puck off of Malone's back is beyond me.

The in net goal cameras would help with all these goal reviews, the NCHC should set the standard by being the first conference to have them.

What was the explanation- I could see waiving that goal off in real-time due to perceived goalie interference or intent to blow the whistle prior to the puck eventually landing on the player's back.  In either case I guess they wouldn't go to review...

What was the explanation- I could see waiving that goal off in real-time due to perceived goalie interference or intent to blow the whistle prior to the puck eventually landing on the player's back.  In either case I guess they wouldn't go to review...

They didn't see the puck go in the net, it was reviewed for awhile (not as long as some have been). No whistle, looked right where the puck was yet somehow didn't see it. They could have use the in net camera angle and the over head ant could have seen that O'Conner's arm was in the net where the puck finally landed before the BU player pulled it off the back of Malone. 

I think we fans give Donny and Minny a little too much credit to be able to influence the NCAA. Lucia isn't going to weasel out of anything. If the committee wants UM/UND, it's gonna happen.

Since both Minnesota and North Dakota are represented on the Committee, it seems highly unlikely they will send Minnesota to Fargo.