SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 College Hockey (non UND hockey)

MafiaMan

http://www.uscho.com/2015/01/21/minnesota-looking-for-goal-scorers-to-produce-and-key-a-turnaround/

Does this guy always sound like he's making excuses?  He did the exact same thing before or after the natty game last year.

“They’ve got a good team; they’re an older, veteran team. I was looking at their roster and I think they’ve got two guys under 21,” Lucia said of Mankato. “They’re obviously well-coached. They had a great year last year winning the WCHA Final Five and being an NCAA tournament team, and obviously they’re going to be another NCAA tournament team this year and a real threat to win it all this year with their veteran lineup.”

http://www.uscho.com/2015/01/21/minnesota-looking-for-goal-scorers-to-produce-and-key-a-turnaround/

Does this guy always sound like he's making excuses? He did the exact same thing in before or after the natty game last year.

“They’ve got a good team; they’re an older, veteran team. I was looking at their roster and I think they’ve got two guys under 21,” Lucia said of Mankato. “They’re obviously well-coached. They had a great year last year winning the WCHA Final Five and being an NCAA tournament team, and obviously they’re going to be another NCAA tournament team this year and a real threat to win it all this year with their veteran lineup.”

Yea it does, why does he even bring up age?

In Lucia's mind, the older you are the better you are I guess...or at least he likes to keep that excuse handy. The funny thing is Lucia probably passed on some of these guys.

That's the rodent way. Double team a player. Been going on for years

To handsome ex-Sioux like Chris Porter and Zach Parise, the double team in college likely meant something very different...

For the record, I have absolutely no substance behind this stupid, attempt at humor, to my knowledge, both men are nothing but class acts to teammates, fans and the ladies.

Wisconsin took an intentional cheap shot and the Gophers responded.  If UND players acted the same way you would be praising them for sticking up for a teammate but of course when it's the Gophers they're classless.  And that 2-1 scrum you guys keep mentioning is much about nothing.  That happens every time there is a scrum of this size, every damn time.  Players just start grabbing people and sometimes you'll see a 2-1 for a few seconds. The 2 Gopher players didn't plan it and the 3 Badger guys didn't plan the 3-1 scrum either.  It just happens.

God, can't believe I'm saying this but gotta admit you're probably right Mariucci. Somebody shoot me now.
  • Upvote 1

BC beats Merrimack tonight 2-1. Helps some and hurts others. The PWR is now:

#15 - Michigan

#16 (tie)- Colgate

#16 (tie)- Merrimack

#18 - Boston College

#19 - Minnesota

So it moved Michigan up from a tie for #16 (but they were listed in the #17 slot) to #15, so the B1G now has one team in the top 16 but not in a safe position. That would help MN if they can beat Michigan when they play them again.

• Upvote 1

#15 - Michigan

#16 (tie)- Colgate

#16 (tie)- Merrimack

#18 - Boston College

#19 - Minnesota

So it moved Michigan up from a tie for #16 (but they were listed in the #17 slot) to #15, so the B1G now has one team in the top 16 but not in a safe position. That would help MN if they can beat Michigan when they play them again.

If.

#15 - Michigan

#16 (tie)- Colgate

#16 (tie)- Merrimack

#18 - Boston College

#19 - Minnesota

It's likely all going to come down to who wins the B10 tournament. Don't forget, Atlantic Hockey ia nowhere near the top 16 but they will have an autobid.

Yea it does, why does he even bring up age?

In Lucia's mind, the older you are the better you are I guess...or at least he likes to keep that excuse handy. The funny thing is Lucia probably passed on some of these guys.

He mentioned age because he was commenting on Mankato being a veteran laden team.  It's not an excuse, it's a simple observation. 

He mentioned age because he was commenting on Mankato being a veteran laden team. It's not an excuse, it's a simple observation.

Is this the part where you fill us in on the youth and inexperience of the Gophers? Wasn't that the company line immediately following the Union loss too?

• Upvote 1

He mentioned age because he was commenting on Mankato being a veteran laden team. It's not an excuse, it's a simple observation.

Did hakstol acknowledge niagara this weekend because of their age? All but one of their players will be at least 21 this year.

The answer is no. You know why? Because they are all ncaa eligible athletes so the age doesn't matter.

And Lucia continues to spew garbage out of his mouth.

#15 - Michigan

#16 (tie)- Colgate

#16 (tie)- Merrimack

#18 - Boston College

#19 - Minnesota

How bad is the Big 10 this year!!  There will only be 1 team in the tournament most likely!! The WCHA right now would have 3!  Who would have predicted that!!

The B1G may be bad this year but it doesn't make me feel to comfortable in this scenario. Minnesota hovers around where they are now for the rest of the season, they go into the B1G tourney and win it. That will get them a 4 seed and they get placed in the Fargo regional, setting up a first round game with the Sioux... I'm not sure I like that first round match up.

The B1G may be bad this year but it doesn't make me feel to comfortable in this scenario. Minnesota hovers around where they are now for the rest of the season, they go into the B1G tourney and win it. That will get them a 4 seed and they get placed in the Fargo regional, setting up a first round game with the Sioux... I'm not sure I like that first round match up.

Exactly what I keep envisioning myself. The NCAA finding a way to put the Sioux and Minnesota in Fargo quite possibly with UMD as well or Mankato.

Honestly, if they play the way they are playing right now I'd prefer to play UMN in Fargo vs. Boston in front of a pre-dominantly green crowd.  Then again, if they continue playing the way they are now, the rodents will be sitting at home watching on TV.

I would bet a more likely scenario would have the Gophers going to South Bend, IN.  No Notre Dame Fighting Irish means the NCAA will need some fans from somewhere to put butts in the seats there.  Fargo will sell out with or without the Gophers. 

Honestly, if they play the way they are playing right now I'd prefer to play UMN in Fargo vs. Boston in front of a pre-dominantly green crowd.  Then again, if they continue playing the way they are now, the rodents will be sitting at home watching on TV.

Huh? 

It wouldn't be for attendance purposes, would it? The Fargo regional is already sold out.

That is the only thing that may save that idea. Knowing that the regional will be sold out (assuming the Sioux make the NCAA's) no matter who gets sent to Fargo with the Sioux.