SiouxSports.com Forum

Adidas deal in the works?

geaux_sioux

“We’ll wear green jerseys at home,” said Bubba, without hesitating. “When you’re at the University of North Dakota, you should wear green jerseys. That’s the school color. That’s what I believe. That’s what a lot of our followers believe.”

The days of the all-black UND uniforms — and whatever swagger they intended to give during the past two seasons — may be numbered, but not entirely gone.

“I’m not against a ceremonial jersey for a blackout game, or something like that,” said Bubba. “But there has to be some tradition in a program. And our school color is green.”

You're preaching to the choir, Bubba!

One problem with pink is that it physically weakens you if close enough to your eyes. I'm not sure if a pink jersey would do it but a pink face mask sure would. No pink helmets.

But recruits will love it if it's the trendy new CHROME pink facemask, won't they? Paired with the equally trendy matte pink helmet? :lol:

And there probably won’t be any nonsense on the field as well as we witnessed a few times in recent seasons. We may not see defensive backs celebrating — or taunting — after holding opposing receivers to an eight-yard completion on first-and-10.

Boy, wouldn't that be nice! Discipline on the bench will be a welcome change too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGJb2iLvOKE

Video is 4:09 long...skit ends at 3:05 mark though.

Bubba had a press conference after a hockey press conference and I listened to what he had to say. I can tell you that I am impressed with Bubba and after listening to him, I was motivated and ready to go play for him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Noticed in the game program from the hockey exhibition that:

"Tacks are back!" and "CCM is the official skate of North Dakota Hockey"

Did a little looking: CCM (maker of Tacks) is owned by Reebok and Reebok is owned by Adidas. 

• 2 months later...

Well I guess we were all right all along. I hope they're nice and clean. I'm sure Bubba would never go for a stupid looking uni.

I trust Bubba (and Hakstol) when it comes to uniform designs. They seem to favor the simple, clean, traditional lines. 

Who I don't trust is Adidas and their "kinda hip, kinda now, kinda cool, kinda wow" designers; they have put out some affronts to uniformdom. 

I trust Bubba (and Hakstol) when it comes to uniform designs. They seem to favor the simple, clean, traditional lines.

Who I don't trust is Adidas and their "kinda hip, kinda now, kinda cool, kinda wow" designers; they have put out some affronts to uniformdom.

Adidas supplies Big Ten schools such as Wisconsin, Michigan, and Nebraska and they have kept all of those uniforms clean, traditional, and looking good. I'd imagine Bubba will be able to get clean looking unforms similar to what the team wore in 2001.

Adidas supplies Big Ten schools such as Wisconsin, Michigan, and Nebraska and they have kept all of those uniforms clean, traditional, and looking good. I'd imagine Bubba will be able to get clean looking unforms similar to what the team wore in 2001.

I like the clean green and white look from 2001 (reference the look in your profile pic). I also really do like the black alternative jersey we currently have for special occasions. I hope we can always have three sets.

Home and away 'traditional' look for this year, with an alternate uniform the following year is the deal.  From what I know Bubba prefers a throw-back gray look over the black jersey.  Glad the info has come out-