SiouxSports.com Forum

Adidas deal in the works?

geaux_sioux

2 hours ago, dmksioux said:

Here's a link to info on UND's helmets through the years...although it isn't "real pictures."  Also not sure how accurate it is so someone feel free to chime in.  You do have to scroll down a bit...

http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/northcentral.htm

The grey helmets with the green interlocking ND and the stripe down the middle are sharp.  I would love to see UND go back to exactly that style!! 

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Anyone hear if the gray uniforms are going to happen for sure this year? I still say that helmet looks pretty sharp.

Gray helmet will be happening most likely; hopefully they can alter it a bit, though, so that it has a green interlocking ND logo and/or a green stripe down the middle. Needs more green (actually, there is NO green on it now).

I think grey pants would be a nice touch, but gray jerseys? I don't think the gray jerseys would look too good, in my opinion. Black jerseys would be a better investment in terms of quality look. I also think matte black helmets would be nice. Oh well

They just order whatever helmet they want and put the sticker on them. 

I do think they need to try and spruce them up a little more. Wonder how the grays (or green ones) would have looked with green (or white) face masks. 

NDSU players (and fans) love the special edition "harvest helmets." Things like that happen when your top athletic program is football. :whistling:

Auction off the "special helmets" to help fund raise. You can't buy a full size UND helmet anywhere unless its a game worm , so I think the more helmets they help get out into the public the better. I don't even remember seeing one at the UND gala :( (could be wrong?). (Travis was nice enough to sell me one after I emailed him). Those UND game worn hockey jerseys always seem to be going up for auction (The old Ralph arena entrance gates went for over $10K IIRC). 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Cratter said:

I do think they need to try and spruce them up a little more. Wonder how the grays (or green ones) would have looked with green (or white) face masks. 

NDSU players (and fans) love the special edition "harvest helmets." Things like that happen when your top athletic program is football. :whistling:

Auction off the "special helmets" to help fund raise. You can't buy a full size UND helmet anywhere unless its a game worm :(, so I think the more helmets they help get out into the public the better (Travis was nice enough to sell me one after I emailed him). Those UND game worn hockey jerseys always seem to be going up for auction. 

Agree that they should sell old helmets... what do they do with the old equipment?  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Gray helmet will be happening most likely; hopefully they can alter it a bit, though, so that it has a green interlocking ND logo and/or a green stripe down the middle. Needs more green (actually, there is NO green on it now).

I think grey pants would be a nice touch, but gray uniforms? I don't think the gray uniforms will look too good, IMO. Black jerseys would be a better investment in terms of quality look. I also think matte black helmets would be nice...oh well

I agree with pretty much everything you just said. Gray pants would accent well with the green Jersey. Love the helmets though; they do need a little more green, but the matte gray looks terrific. Maybe they can get matte black next year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

pixel.gif

329479.jpg

Black pants also should come back. Although I love the all white look on the road, black pants was a nice look both at home and on the road. It should be brought back for an occasional game or two every season. 

Lots of good combinations, I really liked the all green this year.

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

Auction off the "special helmets" to help fund raise. You can't buy a full size UND helmet anywhere unless its a game worm , so I think the more helmets they help get out into the public the better. I don't even remember seeing one at the UND gala :( (could be wrong?). (Travis was nice enough to sell me one after I emailed him). Those UND game worn hockey jerseys always seem to be going up for auction (The old Ralph arena entrance gates went for over $10K IIRC). 

I'd totally buy a helmet if it was reasonable. Can you even buy the mini ones anymore? I'd like to get one for my desk at work.

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

I'd totally buy a helmet if it was reasonable. Can you even buy the mini ones anymore? I'd like to get one for my desk at work.

quick search produced this:

http://www.sportsunlimitedinc.com/north-dakota-fighting-sioux-riddell-speed-mini-football-helmet.html?CID=GoogleShopping&country=US&gclid=Cj0KEQjwo_y4BRD0nMnfoqqnxtEBEiQAWdA124ks3QoENYSBpY1QbbUNjA5jGvPbpA-LrJGEikTmtVEaAmN78P8HAQ

I'm sure it's cheaper at Scheels or SiouxShop. 

12 hours ago, Cratter said:

Sell them to people on SiouxSports so they can pretend they were good enough to play on the team?!

Put Me in Coach!

So why wasn't that UND hockey schedule in the background one of the give away schedules at the arena?  I suppose nobody would be paying attention to the schedule then.

• Upvote 1

I know it's all hip and cool to like the grey uniforms and stuff . . . but I just don't.  Unless, of course, one of your actual school colors is grey I just don't get it.

Honestly, I really liked the all white and the all green look.  I would assume that to a defense, it's almost like camo . . . the lack of depth and

definition in a line full of just green moving around on a green field.  Maybe kinda hard to read who is who and what's going on?

But whatever.  They could wear baby blue and I'd still cheer for 'em!