SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 NHL Season

MafiaMan

I think it's a horrible idea. The Bruins need someone to play with him and Krecji. The Bruins have been decimated by injuries and poor goaltending. If anything, trade Tuukka. I think he's been an utter disappointment this season. They need a few forwards. They have no cap room. 

Mike Yeo is probably contacting his Realtor agent this morning..........

But to his defense the Wild goalies have the 2nd worst save percentage in the league at this point...just north of the Oilers.

Mike Yeo is probably contacting his Realtor agent this morning..........

But to his defense the Wild goalies have the 2nd worst save percentage in the league at this point...just north of the Oilers.

Most us Wild fans were concerned about the goaltending coming into the season along with the lack of size and toughness on defense. Both are rearing it's ugly head this season.

I think it's a horrible idea. The Bruins need someone to play with him and Krecji. The Bruins have been decimated by injuries and poor goaltending. If anything, trade Tuukka. I think he's been an utter disappointment this season. They need a few forwards. They have no cap room. 

I don't know, jodcon.  I'd rather they keep him and find another way to bring in the 'right pieces'.  If it really came down to it I think I could talk myself into being OK with him being traded, as long as they got a haul (Hall) in return, however I don't see that happening.  (See what I did there?!)  Also, it sounds like Chiarelli has no plans of trading Lucic, which is probably a good thing.  I think that once they right the ship as a team and Lucic gets back into form, he could be a big part of a turnaround.  The one thing you wonder is with the type of game he plays, how long can he keep it up?  Hard miles take their toll - at some point it might be OK to trade him.

NHL RUMORS: Boston Bruins; Chiarelli Focused On Vermette But Lucic Staying Put?

Also, I completely disagree with Goon.  No way do you trade Rask.  He is a Vezina winning goalie and for sure he's having a tough go at it lately, but you do not trade Rask.

I'm still secretly hoping that the Johnny Boychuck trade was all a nightmare and one day I'm going to wake up and he's still a Bruin. :sad:

I still can't believe that Barry Melrose pencilled Minnesota into the Stanley Cup Finals the moment they signed Parise and Suter. A couple of seasons later and it sure looks like this team is a mess. Parise was much closer to getting a cup with the Devils than he's been since he arrived in St Paul.

It isn't so much the team is a mess it is that one very important position is a huge mess. The goaltending is absolutely horrible 3 of the 4 goals Kuemper gave up last night were pretty soft and when Backstrom has played it has been the same thing.

I still can't believe that Barry Melrose pencilled Minnesota into the Stanley Cup Finals the moment they signed Parise and Suter. A couple of seasons later and it sure looks like this team is a mess. Parise was much closer to getting a cup with the Devils than he's been since he arrived in St Paul.

. Hard to believe Barry M missed on that one...;)

Most us Wild fans were concerned about the goaltending coming into the season along with the lack of size and toughness on defense. Both are rearing it's ugly head this season.

The goaltending one is the huge problem it seems like Kuemper has been giving up an average of 2 soft goals per game and Backstrom does pretty much the same thing when he gets in there.

It isn't so much the team is a mess it is that one very important position is a huge mess. The goaltending is absolutely horrible 3 of the 4 goals Kuemper gave up last night were pretty soft and when Backstrom has played it has been the same thing.

Wasn't goaltending on this team considered a STRENGTH not all that long ago?

Wasn't goaltending on this team considered a STRENGTH not all that long ago?

Not the last 2 seasons with Backstrom being injured a number of times, Harding dealing with MS, and Kuemper really being relatively unproven. I read in the StarTrib today that Kuemper is like 52nd in save % and Backstrom is 60th in save % you won't win many games with those kinds of numbers from your goalies.

Judging by the tweets an eventful day at Wild practice definitely seems like a coach who knows his job is on the line.

Michael Russo @Russostrib  ·  20m 20 minutes ago

Yeo has stopped practicing and laying into the team #mnwild

Michael Russo @Russostrib  ·  10m 10 minutes ago

Koivu just left ice hurt. Smashed stick in half twice as he left.He's been dealing with a lower body injury & seemed to aggravate it #mnwild

Michael Russo @Russostrib  ·  9m 9 minutes ago

Yeo now skating the heck out of the #mnwild without pucks #herbies

Yeo is going nuts in practice. Just slammed his stick in the middle of a scrum; screaming his head off. #mnwild

Michael Russo @Russostrib  ·  8m 8 minutes ago

Yeo just stormed off the ice after slamming his stick against the glass #mnwild.

Kuemper just left the ice sick or hurt it appears. #mnwild

Michael Russo @Russostrib  ·  12m 12 minutes ago

#mnwild continuing practice without Yeo. Assistant GM Brent Flahr and director of hockey admin Shep Harder left stands when Yeo left ice

Judging by the tweets an eventful day at Wild practice definitely seems like a coach who knows his job is on the line.

Michael Russo @Russostrib  ·  20m 20 minutes ago

Yeo has stopped practicing and laying into the team #mnwild

Koivu just left ice hurt. Smashed stick in half twice as he left.He's been dealing with a lower body injury & seemed to aggravate it #mnwild

Michael Russo @Russostrib  ·  9m 9 minutes ago

Yeo now skating the heck out of the #mnwild without pucks #herbies

Yeo is going nuts in practice. Just slammed his stick in the middle of a scrum; screaming his head off. #mnwild

Michael Russo @Russostrib  ·  8m 8 minutes ago

Yeo just stormed off the ice after slamming his stick against the glass #mnwild.

Kuemper just left the ice sick or hurt it appears. #mnwild

Michael Russo @Russostrib  ·  12m 12 minutes ago

#mnwild continuing practice without Yeo. Assistant GM Brent Flahr and director of hockey admin Shep Harder left stands when Yeo left ice

Thought they would have Fletcher evaluate at the end of the season.  This would indicate not.