SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 NHL Season

MafiaMan

The Pittsburgh Pirates (baseball) original colors were red and blue and didn't become black and gold until 1948. The Boston Bruins went from brown and gold to black and gold in 1934. The Pittsburgh Pirates hockey team also wore the same colors as the Philadelphia Flyers when the Pirates were move to Philadelphia and changed the team name to the Quakers. The Pittsburgh Pirates hockey team has no connection to the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Well, to be fair, the current Cleveland Browns actually have no real connection to the team that used to be the Cleveland Browns, yet they look EXACTLY like the original Cleveland Browns....same goes for the Winnipeg Jets except for the jerseys, although hot rumor is that the Jets 2.0 will unveil a throwback alternate jersey at some point...

Sounds like one of those #1 picks, Taylor Hall, is on the trading block.

Oh, I would think Nail Yakupov has been on the list for a while now...an awful -33 on the ice last season, and only 4 goals and 4 assists in 31 games this season...I realize he's only 21, but he's got Radek Bonk written all over him.

Oh, I would think Nail Yakupov has been on the list for a while now...an awful -33 on the ice last season, and only 4 goals and 4 assists in 31 games this season...I realize he's only 21, but he's got Radek Bonk written all over him.

I'd give up Coyle and Haula for Hall. Kid plays with an edge something the Wild need.

So the Panthers beat the Capitals in the shoot-out last night - it took 40 shooters and 20 rounds to decide the outcome. A total farce...

Somewhere around shooter 9 or 10, the Florida broadcast announcer blurts out "what a game!" Game? That's about as much of "the game" as a home run hitting contest is to real baseball.

• Upvote 1

So the Panthers beat the Capitals in the shoot-out last night - it took 40 shooters and 20 rounds to decide the outcome. A total farce...

Somewhere around shooter 9 or 10, the Florida broadcast announcer blurts out "what a game!" Game? That's about as much of "the game" as a home run hitting contest is to real baseball.

Thank you!  What a horrible end to an otherwise sh!tty game.

On a good note, the Wild and Bruins played a virtually penalty free game and I believe there was at least 8 pipes/crossbars during the game.(5 for the Wild, 3 for the Bruins)  The two minors the Bruins got led to a 5x3 for Minny, but the Wild could not generate much offense.  The Bruins win in OT 3-2.

I heard on XM radio today that he might be headed to Boston.

That would be excellent. The B's have had talks with Edmonton about Eberle the past year and a half, but it never materialized. I don't think PC was willing to deal the picks and/or Boychuk at the time. I'd take Hall, though!

That would be excellent. The B's have had talks with Edmonton about Eberle the past year and a half, but it never materialized. I don't think PC was willing to deal the picks and/or Boychuk at the time. I'd take Hall, though!

I'd take either Hall or Eberle.  Problem is, Edmonton is going to want a load in return.  A couple of the names I've heard thrown around are Lucic and Hamilton.  I'd consider Lucic (depending on what the entire trade looked like) but wouldn't even think about dealing Hamilton.

On a good note, the Wild and Bruins played a virtually penalty free game and I believe there was at least 8 pipes/crossbars during the game.(5 for the Wild, 3 for the Bruins)  The two minors the Bruins got led to a 5x3 for Minny, but the Wild could not generate much offense.  The Bruins win in OT 3-2.

It was a fun game to watch last night and even though the Wild lost the last 2 games have me encouraged that they are starting to play better and may be able to go on a nice little winning streak soon. The Wild power play is horribly inconsistent they really only had maybe 2 good chances on the 5x3 and one of them Koivu had half the net open if he would have shot but passed it back across to Granlund back door instead. 

I actually agree with you on the yellow one, I have never seen a yellow jersey that I like on any team. However, the lack and white Penguin jerseys of that era are among the greatest jerseys of all-time for any team in any sport. And , just to show I can be objective, as much as I detest your favorite team I have to admit they have some very nice looking jerseys.

I feel a Lion King moment coming on!!!

• Upvote 1

I actually agree with you on the yellow one, I have never seen a yellow jersey that I like on any team. However, the lack and white Penguin jerseys of that era are among the greatest jerseys of all-time for any team in any sport. And , just to show I can be objective, as much as I detest your favorite team I have to admit they have some very nice looking jerseys.

I am a big fan of the Bruins third jersey, I would love to have a nice Lucic jersey.