SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 NHL Season

MafiaMan

It's painful to watch. The NHL players - and fans - deserve better than that. Makes an old Atlanta Thrashers game look like it was packed.

I used to hit a Thrashers game every February when I was in ATL for meetings.  Was fun...pretty decent crowds every time I went.

Have you seen the absolutely ridiculous format yet? No Germany and no Slovakia this time around.

Yeah, a team made up of European players who's countries are not represented and a team of under 23 year old North Americans that don't make the USA or Canada teams. 

I'm starting to hat Gary Bettman more and more, he has single handedly made some of the dumbest decisions in hockey (shootout being one of them). His decision to expand the NHL into non-traditional areas has actually worked in expanding the sport at the youth level.

I don't think Bettman realizes that if the US wins the gold medal again it will benefit hockey like it did after the 1980 games.

Hating on the World Cup of Hockey... I thought it was awesome in the late 1990's.

The 1996 WCOH final between the US and Canada was right up there with the Miracle on Ice in terms of hockey game excitement. I also attended a couple of 2004 WCOH games in St Paul and had a great time. The problem isn't the tournament...it's the exclusion of some countries and "all-star" and "young-star" teams that make this latest version of the WCOH a total farce.

The 1996 WCOH final between the US and Canada was right up there with the Miracle on Ice in terms of hockey game excitement. I also attended a couple of 2004 WCOH games in St Paul and had a great time. The problem isn't the tournament...it's the exclusion of some countries and "all-star" and "young-star" teams that make this latest version of the WCOH a total farce.

How many of these World Cup of Hockey tournament did they do? I only remember the year the US won it.

How the Boston Bruins blew the Thornton, Kessel, Wheeler, Seguin trades…and lost out on T.J. Brodie, too

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/how-the-boston-bruins-blew-the-thornton-kessel-wheeler-seguin-tradesand-lost-out-on-t-j-brodie-too/

Holy $hit Dave.  I read about 2 sentences of this - this guy is an idiot.  First of all, Boston got Seguin with a draft pick from Toronto from the Kessel trade.  So they wouldn't have even had Seguin without the Kessel trade.  Oh yeah, they also won a Cup along the way in part due to these trades.  Obviously this guy has something against the Bruins and wants to take them to task over a fictional set of events.  We all know you have something against the Bruins as well.  This is pretty much a non-story.  Thanks for sharing.

Wow, again, another uniformed post by DaveK.  Let's break it down:

1. Seidenberg is about the LAST person you'd call a goon.  Plays a good, clean, hard brand of hockey.

2. Toews got control of the puck and spun, Seidenberg closed on him to make a play/hit and Toews went awkwardly into the boards.

3. Seidenberg got a penalty for the play - you could probably even argue that wasn't deserved, but I'd also accept the call on the ice.

4. Toews stayed on the ice for the ensuing PP.

5. If someone lays a dirty hit on a player like Jonathan Toews, you damn well better believe that player is going to have to answer for it, and the Blackhawks will go after him.  Don't give me any BS about the Blackhawks being "classier than that" or that they wouldn't do that.  They would.  Did anyone from the Blackhawks go after Seidenberg later in the game and challenge him?

#5 says it all to me.

• Upvote 1

Holy $hit Dave.  I read about 2 sentences of this - this guy is an idiot.  First of all, Boston got Seguin with a draft pick from Toronto from the Kessel trade.  So they wouldn't have even had Seguin without the Kessel trade.  Oh yeah, they also won a Cup along the way in part due to these trades.  Obviously this guy has something against the Bruins and wants to take them to task over a fictional set of events.  We all know you have something against the Bruins as well.  This is pretty much a non-story.  Thanks for sharing.

I agree with Ray77, that's not my favorite article. Here's my take on it, Kessel priced himself out of Boston and was also not well liked in the locker room because of his training habits and not wanting to play hurt. That's pretty well documented. Wheeler is one of the softest 6'5" 225 pound forwards I have ever seen in the NHL. No thanks. Glad that he's gone.

Seguin was traded because he partying too much.

That started reports that Seguin didn’t take the game seriously or was out partying with friends after games. With Boston management needing to trim payroll to get under the new salary cap, and Seguin due a raise to $5.75 million a season, the young center was pushed into the middle of the trade block. Nill jumped at the chance, sending Loui Eriksson and Reilly Smith as the key components to Boston for Seguin, and the deal was done on July 4.

The timing might have been serendipitous for Seguin. Just as the reports of his bad behavior were increasing, he was given a chance to start anew.

“I wanted to prove a lot of people wrong, and I tried to do that with actions and not words,” he said.

Dave like the Hockey News because they're part of the anti-fighting cabal. They've never seen a fight that they like.

Fixed your post...Dave's posts are uninformed, not uniformed.  Sorry, I'm sure I just beat MafiaMan to the punch. :)

Wow, again, another uniNformed post by DaveK.  Let's break it down:

1. Seidenberg is about the LAST person you'd call a goon.  Plays a good, clean, hard brand of hockey.

2. Toews got control of the puck and spun, Seidenberg closed on him to make a play/hit and Toews went awkwardly into the boards.

3. Seidenberg got a penalty for the play - you could probably even argue that wasn't deserved, but I'd also accept the call on the ice.

4. Toews stayed on the ice for the ensuing PP.

5. If someone lays a dirty hit on a player like Jonathan Toews, you damn well better believe that player is going to have to answer for it, and the Blackhawks will go after him.  Don't give me any BS about the Blackhawks being "classier than that" or that they wouldn't do that.  They would.  Did anyone from the Blackhawks go after Seidenberg later in the game and challenge him?

#5 says it all to me.