SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 NHL Season

MafiaMan

I would cheer for the Wild vs. Boston, Philly, or Washington. That's about it.

I would root for any team, other than Montreal, against the Penguins. In a Montreal vs Pittsburgh matchup I root for the arena to collapse on both teams.
  • Upvote 2

Montreal... a team that I root for against almost anybody but the Penguins.

That's because you are a front-runner.  Let me guess, you root for the Yankees in baseball; in basketball it would have to be the Lakers (no way you would root for the Celtics), and football we already know you are a Pride and Poise guy, aka the old school Oakland Raiders.  Don't hurt  your leg jumping on and off that bandwagon. :)

Considering who the goalie was last time Pittsburgh won a Stanley Cup, that has to be one of the most ignorant comments ever posted here or anywhere else.

What has Fleury done since then? That's right knocked out of the first and second round. Ignorant comment? Nope just look at his numbers since 2009. 

4 more years of no Stanley Cup and first round losses.

Agreed.  I got a good chuckle when I saw the headline that they signed him to 4 more years.  Actually, I didn't chucke...I think my reaction was more like "WHAAAAAAT?!!!"  How recently was it that Vokoun took over for him in the playoffs and they made a little run?  Very recently there were many questions about whether or not Fluery would last this season in Pittsburgh, now all of a sudden he's signed to a nice contract for 4 years?

The Penguins have advanced beyond the 1st round in 3 of the 5 seasons since they last won the cup, so there is yet another piece of evidence as to why your original comment was ignorant.

2010 2nd round

2011 1st round

2012 1st round

2013 3rd round Vokoun is the reason they got that far

2014 2nd round

2013 they were going to get that far no matter which goalie played, and only an idiot would believe otherwise. All of those 1st and 2nd round losses were due to many factors besides goaltending. If Fleury was half as bad as you want people to believe he is, the Penguins would not have won the Stanley Cup in 2009. Remember, Game 7 was a 2-1 game and he made a big save to preserve that lead with 1 second left on the clock in the 3rd period. If he was like 40 years old now I might be able to buy into that he can no longer do what he did five years ago. But he isn't 40, he's 30. Keep digging yourself in deeper, I can copy and paste as much idiocy as you're willing to post. I'm going to throw it all in your face soon enough so you might want to stop now before you make it worse for yourself.

What does 2009 have to do with 2013? Vokoun basically played every game after game #4 of the 2013 quarterfinal series with the Islanders. Given how poorly Fleury had been playing, it's a stretch to assume that the Penguins were going to advance to the conference finals no matter which goalie played. Had that been the case, Bylsma wouldn't have made the switch in the all-important game #5 of a 2-2 series with the Islanders.

Your comments have been copied and pasted for future use. Next time Fleury hoists the cup, and I guarantee you there will be a next time, I am going to remind you of just how foolish you were.

I'm not holding my breath, big guy.  Nothing's guaranteed.  But I'm glad that you seem to think that a Penguins Cup with Fleury in net is.  Good luck with that.

2013 they were going to get that far no matter which goalie played, and only an idiot would believe otherwise. All of those 1st and 2nd round losses were due to many factors besides goaltending. If Fleury was half as bad as you want people to believe he is, the Penguins would not have won the Stanley Cup in 2009. Remember, Game 7 was a 2-1 game and he made a big save to preserve that lead with 1 second left on the clock in the 3rd period. If he was like 40 years old now I might be able to buy into that he can no longer do what he did five years ago. But he isn't 40, he's 30. Keep digging yourself in deeper, I can copy and paste as much idiocy as you're willing to post. I'm going to throw it all in your face soon enough so you might want to stop now before you make it worse for yourself.

What does 2009 have to do with 2013? Vokoun basically played every game after game #4 of the 2013 quarterfinal series with the Islanders. Given how poorly Fleury had been playing, it's a stretch to assume that the Penguins were going to advance to the conference finals no matter which goalie played. Had that been the case, Bylsma wouldn't have made the switch in the all-important game #5 of a 2-2 series with the Islanders.

Wow Dave, you are a nutbag.  I've never seen someone get so wrapped up and so crazy defensive over something.  And MM, you couldn't be more right.  Fluery's not a terrible goalie, I'm just not sure that he's "the guy".  In fact, there has been a lot of speculation and talk that he couldn't get shipped out of Pittsburgh fast enough.  Regarding the 2013 playoffs, I don't think that the Penguins get that far without Vokoun.  Because of that, among other things, I'm not sure I'd want to give Fleury this contract and lock him in for 4 more years.  Seems a bit dicey to me.

Wow Dave, you are a nutbag.  I've never seen someone get so wrapped up and so crazy defensive over something.  And MM, you couldn't be more right.  Fluery's not a terrible goalie, I'm just not sure that he's "the guy".  In fact, there has been a lot of speculation and talk that he couldn't get shipped out of Pittsburgh fast enough.  Regarding the 2013 playoffs, I don't think that the Penguins get that far without Vokoun.  Because of that, among other things, I'm not sure I'd want to give Fleury this contract and lock him in for 4 more years.  Seems a bit dicey to me.

Careful, you don't want to spark the wrath of the 'nutbag community'.

It is normally approximately 88% effective after 2 doses according to the CDC, so it doesn't work for everyone.  And while most people get the vaccination in the US, not everyone gets it in other countries.

Haha, I was wondering what you were doing posting here. Then I saw it was time for some fun facts.  You must live on Wiki :)