SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 NHL Season

MafiaMan

7D999476-99C5-48DA-8B19-4FE3F89D44B8_zps

Not a Penguins fan at all...but that's an awesome jersey.

Besides, Sidney Crosby would look much better flopping in black and yellow as opposed to black and Vegas gold...

11-sidney-crosby-dive-hockey-dive-gifs.g

Crosby would never do that...you must have doctored that footage!!  BTW, the color of those jerseys is awesome...too bad they had to copy the Bruins. :)

• Upvote 1

Crosby would never do that...you must have doctored that footage!! BTW, the color of those jerseys is awesome...too bad they had to copy the Bruins. :)

I don't think they were "copying" the Bruins...the Penguins wanted to look like the Steelers and the Pirates.

• Upvote 1

Rough start to the season for the Bruins so far.

No doubt.  They've had a hard enough time adjusting to Boychuk's absence...now this.  Defensive depth is definitely being tested. 

Hopefully the 3rd period of last night's game is more indicative of how they will play without Chara than the 2nd period was. 

I also wonder if getting all the pomp & circumstance of Boychuk's return over and done with can help them move on a bit.  He was a big piece, for sure, but they seem to have had a hard time dealing with his loss.  It almost reminds me of when Seidenberg went down last season...it took a good 10-15 games before the D & PK were straightened out.  Let's hope losing Chara doesn't set them back another 10 games.

I think the 3 point system for all games would be awesome. Hockey is making a concession for the casual fan with shootouts but all sports are making concessions for casual fans. Most diehard football fans love good defensive battles but the rules are being changed for more offense and the fantasy football fan. It's just the way things are going. Three point system would provide for incentive to win games before the shootout and less playing for ties. Not perfect but it would be better and would help solve the loser point problem.

Steven Stamkos is worth the price of admission. The new kid Jonathan Drouin is gonna be good too. Watch out for Tampa Bay, folks!

I agree. Tampa Bay has a good thing going and I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a deep run in the playoffs if not win it all.

I did some research, though, Blackheart, on Harry Sinden, after your comments.  He was so incensed about the Penguins' proposed color change that he had a Bruins jersey done in Red Wings colors and brought it to the Board of Governors meeting.  Owners, however, were already so mad at him that he chickened out and didn't show it to everyone as a protest against Pittsburgh's change.  Funny story...I wonder what ever happened to that jersey?

I did some research, though, Blackheart, on Harry Sinden, after your comments.  He was so incensed about the Penguins' proposed color change that he had a Bruins jersey done in Red Wings colors and brought it to the Board of Governors meeting.  Owners, however, were already so mad at him that he chickened out and didn't show it to everyone as a protest against Pittsburgh's change.  Funny story...I wonder what ever happened to that jersey?

You mean you don't have it? :)

Paging MafiaMan...just watched highlights from the Wings-Flyers game...Detroit hasnt won a regular season game in Philly this millennium! What's up with that?

My Blackheart sensor just went off so I got here as fast as I could...I watched last night's game courtesy of Dish's free NHL Center Ice package week-long free preview and can honestly say that Detroit absolutely worked over Philly for 97% of last night's game, yet was only ahead 1-0. Attempted shots at one point were like 50something to 15. The 4th Flyer goal was an empty netter. Good game. Philly got off to a slow start but has been playing well as of late. They defeated the hated Penguins a couple of nights earlier in Pittsburgh.