SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 NHL Season

MafiaMan

I've heard all the noise about this. I finally went out to see the video for myself. 

< speechless > 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG-Hx2Wj1uQ

Inexplicably, the entire broadcasting crew blew this as well until Pierre McGuire corrected himself...how the official missed that, I have no clue.  Glendening was nowhere near Holtby when he made the call.

Wild looked like a different team in the 3rd and made put some pressure on but Pittsburgh held them off for a 4-1 win. Very interesting call in the game that would have made it 3-2, the call was no goal on the ice because it didn't go in but replay clearly showed the puck cross the line so the ref comes out and rules it no goal because of goalie interference as Granlund was pushed onto the goalie by a Penguin defenseman and the ref said that goaltender interference isn't a reviewable play even though he had just reviewed the play for 2 minutes and it was clear that he had not called that on the ice.

Wild looked like a different team in the 3rd and made put some pressure on but Pittsburgh held them off for a 4-1 win. Very interesting call in the game that would have made it 3-2, the call was no goal on the ice because it didn't go in but replay clearly showed the puck cross the line so the ref comes out and rules it no goal because of goalie interference as Granlund was pushed onto the goalie by a Penguin defenseman and the ref said that goaltender interference isn't a reviewable play even though he had just reviewed the play for 2 minutes and it was clear that he had not called that on the ice.

Wild got screwed on that call for sure. Encouraging that they came out in the third with some fire. 82 games there will be a few nights like tonight. Now on the road for 3. 4 points would be nice.

If standing on top of a goalie and pushing his back down with one hand isn't goaltender interference, I don't know what is. Minny fans can cry and throw things on the ice all they want, they're wrong. That was a good call.

He got pushed into him. Call was bogus.

• Upvote 1

If standing on top of a goalie and pushing his back down with one hand isn't goaltender interference, I don't know what is. Minny fans can cry and throw things on the ice all they want, they're wrong. That was a good call.

agree with Dave K on this one...ugh, that felt dirty.
  • Upvote 2

You're wrong, it was absolutely positively the right call. And even if that hadn't been goalie interference, the fact of the matter is that the Penguins DOMINATED that game for 3 periods and exposed the Mild to be the mediocre expansion team that they are. When you can go on the road, start your backup goalie, and still kick the snot out of your opponent... that just goes to show your opponent isn't even worthy of being on the same ice.

Watching it again Granlund was pushed into the goalie by the defenseman and it looks like he immediately slides off to the side of the goalie. The Wild only played decent in the 3rd period and still would have had a chance to win if not for the questionable call. The reason the Penguins probably started their backup goalie is because I believe their starter has yet to record a win against the Wild. Watching Sports Center this morning Melrose also believes it was a bad call and should have been a goal. The thing I was more mad about was if it was goaltender interference then the ref should have called it on the ice and known it was a not a reviewable call but instead it seemed like he went and reviewed the play and came up with the goaltender interference call. 

Watching it again Granlund was pushed into the goalie by the defenseman and it looks like he immediately slides off to the side of the goalie. The Wild only played decent in the 3rd period and still would have had a chance to win if not for the questionable call. The reason the Penguins probably started their backup goalie is because I believe their starter has yet to record a win against the Wild. Watching Sports Center this morning Melrose also believes it was a bad call and should have been a goal. The thing I was more mad about was if it was goaltender interference then the ref should have called it on the ice and known it was a not a reviewable call but instead it seemed like he went and reviewed the play and came up with the goaltender interference call.

Exactly. I looked at the replay more than once and I'm sticking with what I said. Bogus call but it's over and done. Now the concern is how bad is Parise hurt. Upper body injury. Not sure what happened to him.

agree with Dave K on this one...ugh, that felt dirty.

Me too, Blackheart.  Granlund was hardly pushed into the goalie, and he made little to no effort to get up despite LaPanta's attempt to sway the viewer otherwise. 

• Upvote 1

Exactly. I looked at the replay more than once and I'm sticking with what I said. Bogus call but it's over and done. Now the concern is how bad is Parise hurt. Upper body injury. Not sure what happened to him.

Agreed and on Parise I saw he is meeting with doctors today Vanek will fill in on the top line for him and that Parise won't go on the upcoming road trip.