SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 NHL Season

MafiaMan

I agree, Yeo doesn't play on the ice and has poor to average goal scorers, a shaky def now (that used to be one bright spot even when they struggled to score last season), and poor goal tending. Is that his fault? Will a new coach change that? Doubt it but gotta do something to shake this team up. Hell,they're almost as disappointing as the Goofers this season.

Not a true Wild fan but have to comment. :-)

I saw this coming prior to the year. A few things that stick out:

- How do you not soldify you goalie situation at the start of the year

- Why did you sign Vanek? Only the Minnesota faithful wanted this. We've see this time and time again with Minnesota sports. Vanek is going to fizzle like Danny Heatly and get paid his major contract and ride out the two remaining years

- You can't buy a team with two/three players. Minnesota fans had this reality distortion mindset that Suter and Parise + the signing of Vanek make they a better team. It doesn't work in the sport of hockey and espcialy in the NHL. You need a team to win the championship. Role players and depth are critical during the playoffs

- Why is the team so soft? Is it the Minnesota nice ignornace? Ask around in the league, the Wild have to be one of the easiet teams to play against

- Systems and structure. Still to this day, I still don't think Minnesota as a team and culture has a true style or rather identity on how they play and are known for.

Time to blow it all up and re-brand the Minnesota franchise as the North Stars 2.0.

Minnesota loves its local boys and they went gaga over the Vanek signing. Hell, I'm surprised Brian Bonin and Grant Potulny haven't found their way into a Wild jersey...

Holy sh*t! The Wild really sent a message last night holding Pittsburgh to only 7 goals. Is Yeo gone after this? He's not the one giving up all the goals but something has to happen. Suter looked terrible last night and capped it off with a cheap shot elbow...my only problem with that is that he didn't go after Crosby. (jk)

Johnny Gaudreau is trying to trademark and patent "Johnny Hockey" in the US and Canada.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/12165166/johnny-gaudreau-calgary-flames-seeks-patent-trademark-johnny-hockey

"We were concerned that people were going to abuse the Johnny Hockey name, coming out with Johnny Hockey shirts and stuff and we wanted to make sure that did not occur," Lewis Gross, Gaudreau's agent, told TSN. "We felt that Johnny was going to be a special player and if he takes off the way we felt he could, he has the potential to have endorsement opportunities that could be very valuable.

Holy sh*t! The Wild really sent a message last night holding Pittsburgh to only 7 goals. Is Yeo gone after this? He's not the one giving up all the goals but something has to happen. Suter looked terrible last night and capped it off with a cheap shot elbow...my only problem with that is that he didn't go after Crosby. (jk)

A loss tomorrow night in Buffalo might force their hand.  I think Liepold might blow the whole thing up next spring and can Fletcher on down...

Are the Wild trying to become the Oilers? This will not fix the goaltending problem.

It can't be any worse than what they have been putting in goal lately but does seem like a desperate move by a team in a desperate spot. Dubnyk has played on some real bad teams will be interesting to see how he performs if the team in front of him starts playing the way they are capable of.

Fletcher makes a move for a goalie giving up a 3rd round pick for Devan Dubnyk from Arizona. Hope he can get to Buffalo in time to start tomorrow but I'd guess they have him just go straight to St.Paul instead for Saturday's game.

I'd guess that Dubnyk will be starting in Buffalo tonight.

Side note - because of this trade, former Fargo Force goalie Mike Lee has been called up to the Arizona Coyotes.