SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

10+ years of press about not wanting to schedule a UND game by Gene doesn't support anything you say.

Kolpack and Izzo would agree with what I say, but they don't want to run against the NDSU admin official line.

But UND is happy where they are at and will be even happier when half the Big Sky is FBS.  NDSU will have to move then.

there is not 10 years of press of gene not willing to schedule UND, but there is a long line of the UND administration continuously being too arrogant to accept a deal.

Please stop listening to Siouxvolley.  He's is UND's Lakesbison..

there is not 10 years of press of gene not willing to schedule UND, but there is a long line of the UND administration continuously being too arrogant to accept a deal.

Please stop listening to Siouxvolley.  He's is UND's Lakesbison..

UND being too arrogant? UND is the one that said okay to two games in Fargo; that is anything but arrogant. NDSU and Gene Taylor were the ones who continually changed contract terms and ultimately insisted on two consecutive games in Fargo. If you're gonna contest a point, please at least have your facts straight. 

Not sure NDSU ever asked USD to play...

All the hatred towards UND by the NDSU fans and administration especially GT, overshadowed the fact that USD killed playing NDSU in all sports at the same time of the move up, but yet GT was quick on scheduling a 2 for 1 with them while thumbing his nose at UND at the same time.

Just wanted to be sure Alzheimer's wasn't kicking in.

This is the part where Shawn-O jumps in and asks me what Bison jersey I'm wearing for the next game...

Hey, it's your new little offseason schtick, I get it.  

P.S Carlos Gomez is awesome.  :D

All the hatred towards UND by the NDSU fans and administration especially GT, overshadowed the fact that USD killed playing NDSU in all sports at the same time of the move up, but yet GT was quick on scheduling a 2 for 1 with them while thumbing his nose at UND at the same time.

Do you have any proof that NDSU wanted or had expectations to continue playing USD

Do you have any proof that NDSU wanted or had expectations to continue playing USD

You guys said it yourself that when UND quit playing you, you were desperate for games (reason you did a H/H with Weber St) why wouldn't you have expectations to play a local team like USD?

You guys said it yourself that when UND quit playing you, you were desperate for games (reason you did a H/H with Weber St) why wouldn't you have expectations to play a local team like USD?

Your extrapolating to fit your narrative.

I spent my time in the bleachers supporting the football team back in my day...does that make me less of a fan than anyone else?

The Decotah Field bleachers! While you and your buddies were busy road tripping to Fargo I was at Memorial living through the Behrns debacle and the early Thomas years!

The Decotah Field bleachers! While you and your buddies were busy road tripping to Fargo I was at Memorial living through the Behrns debacle and the early Thomas years!

Nope, I'm quite certain it was the frozen east side of Memorial Stadium...

So Gene Taylor and NDSU weren't holding a grudge against USD, even though they did the same as UND?  Apparently that we all agree.  NDSU even went to bat for USD to get in the MVFC, when they wouldn't do it for UND.

Phil Harmeson, as acting AD, said with confidence that UND would get in the Big Sky, but the Fargo media and Bisonville laughed at the thought.  Chapman whored NDSU to every conference out there, but got a big break when Valpo left and Chicago St was kicked out of the Slummit.  Without those two breaks, the Slummit wouldn't have voted in the SU's, but would only have chosen IPFW.   In retrospect, it was obvious that the Big Sky had plans to enter the Dakotas, but only on the Big Sky's timetables.  Chapman tried to break down the door uninvited to the Big Sky, and failed.  He knew if UND and NDSU both moved to the Big Sky five years later, the REA cash machine and media profile would have been too much for his athletic department, so he decided to make a break for it.  In some sports, like women's basketball and volleyball, bisonville fans were exclaiming that their head start would be permanent.  Yeah right.  Football will be more of a struggle, but we will overcome, just like Roger Thomas.

No doubt that Crockett is a Big Ten talent that everyone knew about...  the guy had so many red flags that Big Ten schools just walked away.  No sure that I want him at UND..

Really, taking a chance on a kid that had questionable grades is a bad thing? They gave the kid a chance at an education with a scholarship for 2 years before he could get on the practice field. I don't see that as a bad thing. I see it as something that builds loyalty and shows a commitment to a kid, not knowing if he will ever see the field. 

Coming from a school that is welcoming a transfer to their men's basketball team coming off a dismissal from another team for an arrest is quite amusing. 

How far back do you want to go? Dressler and the Manke brothers? Mollberg is just getting started. Nothing we can do now about the past. So what about now?

Write these 2 names down. Elijah Grady and Mason Bennett. The immediate impact is UND has 2 early commits who can influence what other kids see and think about where we are going. You maybe don't understand that what is done is done. We move on and will get better day by day. Same thing the AC had to do after they were down. Same thing any program does when they have struggled. Most of the AC fans are enjoying the ride. Some don't seem to be happy unless they can try and make someone else feel badly. Who gives a rats behind who the last impact player was? Keep checking that rear view mirror and you might find yourself in the ditch. Doubt it will be this year and maybe not next but we are coming after you guys. In the meantime, enjoy your success and quit fussing over what anyone else does or doesn't do.

Would you trade Molberg for Wentz, or even Easton Stick, who would have his red shirt pulled if Wentz goes down for an extended amount of time? 

Bennett may be a good get, but NDSU had already gotten commitments from DL Carlton and Darnell. 

I know UND fans think now that Bohl is gone, that UND will win most if not all of the recruiting battles with NDSU, but do you really think Klieman, Roehl, Polasek, etc. can't recruit? NDSU isn't going to win every battle, but they will win most. And,  more importantly, once they get them on campus, they have an exceptional strength and conditioning coach that makes every athlete bigger, stronger and faster so that by their 2nd and 3rd year they look and perform more like FBS players than FCS players. And, even though UND fans think the coaching ability of the staff left with Bohl, I think they are wrong. Bohl was the director of the program, but did little coaching. Klieman was the architect of the defense the last 2 or 3 years and still has his hands in it, and I will take Polasek over Vigen as OC.  

Would you trade Molberg for Wentz, or even Easton Stick, who would have his red shirt pulled if Wentz goes down for an extended amount of time?

Bennett may be a good get, but NDSU had already gotten commitments from DL Carlton and Darnell.

I know UND fans think now that Bohl is gone, that UND will win most if not all of the recruiting battles with NDSU, but do you really think Klieman, Roehl, Polasek, etc. can't recruit? NDSU isn't going to win every battle, but they will win most. And, more importantly, once they get them on campus, they have an exceptional strength and conditioning coach that makes every athlete bigger, stronger and faster so that by their 2nd and 3rd year they look and perform more like FBS players than FCS players. And, even though UND fans think the coaching ability of the staff left with Bohl, I think they are wrong. Bohl was the director of the program, but did little coaching. Klieman was the architect of the defense the last 2 or 3 years and still has his hands in it, and I will take Polasek over Vigen as OC.

All I got from this was: blah blah blah bleat bleat bleat moo moo moo.

• Upvote 1

Are you serious.  Most UND fans do not think they are going to win most recruiting  wars with NDSU.  Where do you come up with this stuff.

Ira and others have said when the Bubba cavalry takes over things are going to change in recruiting between NDSU and UND.  

Ira and others have said when the Bubba cavalry takes over things are going to change in recruiting between NDSU and UND.  

Don't you understand what #DayByDay means?  It means eventually, not immediately.  How do you think Roger Thomas managed to build a national contender despite what he started with in 1986?  It wasn't by losing every single recruiting battle with NDSU.  Eventually, Thomas was able to beat out NDSU for guys like Jim Kleinsasser (unless you want to make the case that NDSU didn't really want him :silly:).  #DayByDay, this program will get better.  And that haunts you guys in your dreams because you've watched this movie before, right?

I don't think they meant immediately, but eventually.  How do you think Roger Thomas managed to build a national contender with what he started with in 1986?  It wasn't by losing every single recruiting battle with NDSU.  Eventually, Thomas was able to beat out NDSU for guys like Jim Kleinsasser (unless you want to make the case that NDSU didn't really want him :silly:).  Day by day, this program will get better.  And that haunts you guys in your dreams because you've watched this movie before, right?

Actually I have seen Bubba interviewed several times and have seen him on the practice field with his old man hat on coaching his players. I'm not so sure his prime years of relating to 18-22 year old kids haven't passed him by. I don't think many Bison fans are too concerned about Bubba heading the UND program. 

Actually I have seen Bubba interviewed several times and have seen him on the practice field with his old man hat on coaching his players. I'm not so sure his prime years of relating to 18-22 year old kids haven't passed him by. I don't think many Bison fans are too concerned about Bubba heading the UND program. 

And Craig "Mr. Clean" Bohl was a spring chicken?  It's very insightful that instead of debunking my logic, you chose instead to take a cheap shot at Bubba and how he dresses at practice.  The guy has a youthful enthusiasm for coaching football and for UND itself.  That will sell the program to recruits.  And that is what you are most afraid of. :devil:

To a bison fan, character and integrity are only surface qualities.  So having a coach that looked like Mr Clean convinced bison fans that he had integrity in spite of the way he didn't suspend them for serious violations.  Wearing a wrong hat for their taste says a lot about Schweigert's character, after all, he can't relate to 20 y.o.s ...  :p  They are so superficial in their take of UND, its pathetic.

• Upvote 1