SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

Well they are more of our rivalry since we moved up considering UND is just another bottom feeder we don't ever play.  Yeah we finally play next year but SDSU is our rivalry now.  We have good fought games against them. 

This whole thing went way over your head. It had nothing to do with UND.

The University of North Dakota.  Our logo is the interlocking ND. It will expire sometime in 2015.

The University of North Dakota's mascot is not the University of North Dakota....you have no mascot.

I come one to this site mainly to give sit and see meltdowns. Really says something about the state of UND's football team when discussing NDSU is your most favorite topic...meanwhile over at Bisonville they are talking about National Championships, hosting ESPN College Game day and most importantly Bison football games.

The University of North Dakota's mascot is not the University of North Dakota....you have no mascot.

I come one to this site mainly to give sit and see meltdowns. Really says something about the state of UND's football team when discussing NDSU is your most favorite topic...meanwhile over at Bisonville they are talking about National Championships, hosting ESPN College Game day and most importantly Bison football games.

Yes, themselves.......as usual.

I come one to this site mainly to give sit and see meltdowns. Really says something about the state of UND's football team when discussing NDSU is your most favorite topic...meanwhile over at Bisonville they are talking about UND,  ESPN College Game day not in Grand Forks and most importantly UND football games.

FIFY

Not sure anyone counts cross country scores as an actual team sport, but if you really want to, you might want to recheck that women's cross country score....

And I feel pretty confident the overall scoreboard will be even after tonight (using the actual results, not the incorrect ones someone posts on a message board).

http://www.gobison.com/documents/2014/8/29//bisonopen_womendual.pdf?id=670

North Dakota 26 3 4 5 6 8 12 13
 Total Time: 1:38:06.02
 Average: 19:37.21

North Dakota State 29 1 2 7 9 10 11 14
 Total Time: 1:37:44.42
 Average: 19:32.89

Though I do see that UND did get a "1" and NDSU a "2" in the team scores even though NDSU had a ~22 second faster total time for the team and ~4.5 second average time per individual.

I consider CC a sport as much as Track & Field, Swimming, etc....

And yet, this thread was started by a BiSon fan.

Must be more highly anticipated than a rivalry game for the Bison. 

Big Sky OOC Game > NDSU's Main Football Rivalry

Admittedly I am more excited to play Montana than SDSU.  I'm less excited to play UND next year than Incarnate Word this year though.  Having said that I'm sure ticket prices will be higher for UND due to demand.

Also, is it possible that NDSU knows that Montana fans would try and buy GA tickets to the game due to their traveling fan base and are trying to capitalize on that?  Same will be true of UND next year.  70ish miles away and a lot of fans in the FM area already so it will be easy to justify them due to the opposing fan bases demand.  SDSU doesn't travel nearly as well as Montana hence the lower ticket price.

Oh please tell me why...

Honestly, I don't want the negative exposure that BOTH fanbases will have due to this game.  You and I both know that UND fans will show up in their former mascot gear.  There will be heckling back and forth.  One will start singing "On the plains" the other will counter with "F the Bison" (or vice versa) and it will go back and forth until it turns into a "_ Suck !@#$" non-stop chant.  They media will pick apart both schools.  UND for not letting go of their past logo which THEY (not me) think is hostile and abusive and NDSU for being racially insensitive.  It doesn't matter what you guys call yourselves going forward as your fan base will forever know you as the Sioux and the Bison will always say you suck.  No win situation.

EDIT:  As far as quality goes, right now (at this point of this year) I have you both in about the same spot.

Honestly, I don't want the negative exposure that BOTH fanbases will have due to this game.  You and I both know that UND fans will show up in their former mascot gear.  There will be heckling back and forth.  One will start singing "On the plains" the other will counter with "F the Bison" (or vice versa) and it will go back and forth until it turns into a "_ Suck !@#$" non-stop chant.  They media will pick apart both schools.  UND for not letting go of their past logo which THEY (not me) think is hostile and abusive and NDSU for being racially insensitive.  It doesn't matter what you guys call yourselves going forward as your fan base will forever know you as the Sioux and the Bison will always say you suck.  No win situation.

EDIT:  As far as quality goes, right now (at this point of this year) I have you both in about the same spot.

That's a legit response. Your buddy is a troll.