SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

I am not willing to call for Faison's job over this. The before/after picture of what was going on in the athletic department prior to his arrival here speaks for itself.

That being said, for Faison to accept a two road game deal in Fargo would make my blood boil to a point that it becomes too difficult to put into words. A two road game FCS deal. Not even a two for one at home? Nobody offers that. Nobody accepts that.

In the NFL they talk about respecting the shield. Well goddammit, it is about time someone started respecting the Kelly Green and White (if we can no longer do so for the old logo). You do not devalue your program by agreeing to such unprecedentedly lopsided terms. Someone earlier referred to "whoring" out the program, and making the UND program their "bitch", and that's exactly what it is. It would be nothing more than a walk of shame down I-94 for those two games and then staring at a phone that ain't ringing. And then you know what happens? Every other program believes they could ask the same thing from you because you know what? You did it once...you'll do it again. Now other programs will approach their negotiations differently from the start and expect they will be able to low ball you because you are the whore that goes on the road for two games with no return.

I'm not getting into a discussion with the ac faithful about this offer, as it merits none. It's a sham. A joke. I don't give a s**t about the legitimacy of the offers/counteroffers that have been made until now. This "offer" changes the game because it sends the clearest possible signal that your negotiating partner believes you to be a piece of s**t that deserves no better offer, and is treating you as such.

End rant.

I know a lot of people have the exact same feelings and I'm guessing Faison is sorting through a lot of e-mails this morning that say something very similar.

I sent in my email to Mr. Faison this morning.

I am very happy with the job he has done to date but the bottom line is you do not play two consecutive away games with a FCS team. It does not matter who it is. It really is that simple.

I agree. Home and home only. The University of Home Economics does not have an FBS program.

One of the arguments I have seen is that we need to do something before the ND State Legislature gets involved.

Poppycock I say! *IF* they do get involved, they would probably force a home and home. End result would be better.

Bottom line, Bubba knows what it takes to make UND successful. Maybe not SIU, but he knows the formula for UND.

I've wondered if the "Lennon approach" (balanced, conservative offense; pressure, aggressive defense) works in the SIU recruiting areas. It seems the recruit base in the upper Midwest is better suited to it.

I've wondered if the "Lennon approach" (balanced, conservative offense; pressure, aggressive defense) works in the SIU recruiting areas. It seems the recruit base in the upper Midwest is better suited to it.

Very true.

If UND could put together the type of teams they did in 2006 and 2007, they certainly can do it again moving forward.They just need to get the scheme, philosophy, and recruiting strategy reinstalled that got them there in the first place.

I agree. Home and home only. The University of Football Championships does not have an FBS program.

One of the arguments I have seen is that we need to do something before the ND State Legislature gets involved.

Poppycock I say! *IF* they do get involved, they would probably force a home and home. End result would be better.

UND should just be happy to get a game with the University of Football Championships. Thinking they are somehow entitled to a home and home with the best FCS program, amongst the top tier ones not in their conference, is laughable. That's what happens with the lower tier programs in FCS.

I've never believed what I'll call a "disciplined" style of ball is limited to certain recruiting areas. Saban showed it works at Michigan State, LSU, or Alabama.

You need the kids to buy in.

UND should just be happy to get a game with the University of Football Championships. Thinking they are somehow entitled to a home and home with the best FCS program, amongst the top tier ones not in their conference, is laughable. That's what happens with the lower tier programs in FCS.

Tell me what other fcs teams ndsu has scheduled 2 consecutive games at the dome with with no return game.

• Upvote 3

If that is what your administration truly believes then I guess we will have to meet in the playoffs someday because scheduling two away games against a FCS team is unacceptable. I don't care who the FCS team is....I am going to say this one more time....FCS.

Weber State.

I've never believed what I'll call a "disciplined" style of ball is limited to certain recruiting areas. Saban showed it works at Michigan State, LSU, or Alabama.

You need the kids to buy in.

Saban had more success in the SEC than the Big Ten, if that's worth anything regionally-speaking.

I do agree that the best coaches can do wonders basically anywhere, but there are also countless examples of the exact opposite.

For example, Bill Belichick (Browns than Patriots), Nick Saban (Dolphins than Alabama), Greg Robinson (Texas to Syracuse), Lane Kiffin, Pete Carroll (Patriots to USC) etc.

I think Bubba/Lennon's style best fits UND and the Midwest region, that is compared to SIU.

Follow the template of the 2000-2007 teams, and I think that's definitely was Bubba is doing.

Saban had more success in the SEC than the Big Ten, if that's worth anything regionally-speaking.

I do agree that the best coaches can do wonders basically anywhere, but there are also countless examples of the exact opposite.

For example, Bill Belichick (Browns than Patriots), Nick Saban (Dolphins than Alabama), Greg Robinson (Texas to Syracuse), Lane Kiffin, Pete Carroll (Patriots to USC) etc.

I think Bubba/Lennon's style best fits UND and the Midwest region, that is compared to SIU.

Follow the template of the 2000-2007 teams, and I think that's definitely was Bubba is doing.

He did, but I would say that reflects his access to a higher caliber of recruit to mold into his image.

Something else to consider: the difference of success at UND/SIU could also reflect the coaching staff's level of comfort recruiting a midwest footprint vs the SIU footprint.

It isn't easy to perform at the same level when you are also out of your comfort zone.

Good discussion.

I am not willing to call for Faison's job over this. The before/after picture of what was going on in the athletic department prior to his arrival here speaks for itself.

That being said, for Faison to accept a two road game deal in Fargo would make my blood boil to a point that it becomes too difficult to put into words. A two road game FCS deal. Not even a two for one at home? Nobody offers that. Nobody accepts that.

In the NFL they talk about respecting the shield. Well goddammit, it is about time someone started respecting the Kelly Green and White (if we can no longer do so for the old logo). You do not devalue your program by agreeing to such unprecedentedly lopsided terms. Someone earlier referred to "whoring" out the program, and making the UND program their "bitch", and that's exactly what it is. It would be nothing more than a walk of shame down I-94 for those two games and then staring at a phone that ain't ringing. And then you know what happens? Every other program believes they could ask the same thing from you because you know what? You did it once...you'll do it again. Now other programs will approach their negotiations differently from the start and expect they will be able to low ball you because you are the whore that goes on the road for two games with no return.

I'm not getting into a discussion with the ac faithful about this offer, as it merits none. It's a sham. A joke. I don't give a s**t about the legitimacy of the offers/counteroffers that have been made until now. This "offer" changes the game because it sends the clearest possible signal that your negotiating partner believes you to be a piece of s**t that deserves no better offer, and is treating you as such.

End rant.

Couldn't agree more - the only difference is that I think this should be reason for Faison to go if it happens. Your description of the 2 away games is spot on.
  • Upvote 1

Weber State.

Kind of funny how they use their break time to come here and spew their lower tier nonsense.

He better watch it. His UND boss may not approve his timecard this week. :lol:

I wonder if he also cried like a little girl in a Jamestown courthouse?

Kind of funny how they use their break time to come here and spew their lower tier nonsense.

He better watch it. His UND boss may not approve his timecard this week. :lol:

I wonder if he also cried like a little girl in a Jamestown courthouse?

Oh great one please tell us how the felony for Beasley is going or is he still going around hitting women?

Oh great one please tell us how the felony for Beasley is going or is he still going around hitting women?

That's it!

No time card approval for you this week!

(If you need some $$, just borrow a credit card from El Chapstick...)

• Upvote 1

Couldn't agree more - the only difference is that I think this should be reason for Faison to go if it happens. Your description of the 2 away games is spot on.

If they are going to play the game, it needs to be in a bigger stadium.  Target Field, TCF Bank etc., could easily be filled by the number of Twin Cities fans for both Universities.  Otherwise, you could charge $100 per seat and sellout the Alerus   Many Bison fans that got shutout for season and single game tickets would jump at that price.

If they are going to play the game, it needs to be in a bigger stadium.  Target Field, TCF Bank etc., could easily be filled by the number of Twin Cities fans for both Universities.  Otherwise, you could charge $100 per seat and sellout the Alerus   Many Bison fans that got shutout for season and single game tickets would jump at that price.

A neutral site game is a very interesting idea and one that should be explored.  It would make tons of money for both schools and it would give alumni who live outside of the immediate Red River Valley region a chance to watch their team live and in person.  It would also solve the issue of where the game(s) should take place.

A neutral site game is a very interesting idea and one that should be explored.  It would make tons of money for both schools and it would give alumni who live outside of the immediate Red River Valley region a chance to watch their team live and in person.  It would also solve the issue of where the game(s) should take place.

I like the idea of a neutral site.  The winner of that game could then host the next game.  Of course, it's doubtful if many Bison fans would go for the idea, but, what the heck?

At a $30 a head sellout, the take would be over a million to pay rent and split the difference.