SiouxSports.com Forum

Hakstol and his team

SIOUXELEVENS

I would, except my blood pressure goes through the roof whenever I read all the garbage posted on that forum.

i couldnt handle the absolute arrogance of the posters, they talk like them winning against us is a foregone conclussion kind of like nanny not even talking about how the rodents match up against us but how they match up sgainst bc or union. Like theyve already won. Very irritating

I enjoy that fightingsioux4life is willing to post ideas that are not in line with everyone else. The perspective feels well thought out and usually comes with more substance than the 'haters'. There is a lot of Kool-Aid here and sometimes it's nice to hear a different viewpoint and a new way to look at things.

Well, I have followed this program for about 20 years (not counting all the games I watched growing up) and I think that gives me a good perspective on things. Of course others have different perspectives than mine. What I will not tolerate is being called names and basically being told to shut up. You didn't do that.....the people that did know who they are.

Nearly everyone here has watched UND for many years. Watching indeed gives one some perspective. With that perspective comes some expectations. Those expectations don't always translate into knowledge. And they certainly don't translate to expertise. You're nothing more than a fan, just like all the other people that have followed UND for a long time.

I'm curious about something, actually a couple things...

Did you play sports growing up? If so, how did you get along with coach(es)?

Do you have kids? If so, do they play sports?

Nearly everyone here has watched UND for many years. Watching indeed gives one some perspective. With that perspective comes some expectations. Those expectations don't always translate into knowledge. And they certainly don't translate to expertise. You're nothing more than a fan, just like all the other people that have followed UND for a long time.

I'm curious about something, actually a couple things...

Did you play sports growing up? If so, how did you get along with coach(es)?

Do you have kids? If so, do they play sports?

Okay, I think I know where this is headed. First of all, I never said I was anything more than a fan of UND (athletics, academics, research). And this fan cares deeply about how successful UND is at those things. And I don't see how being passionate about UND is a bad thing just because I am willing to step up to the plate and say things that I feel need to be said. Second of all, no I didn't play sports growing up. I had some medical issues that prevented me from doing so. I am thinking I would have played either hockey or football if I had been able to play. And lastly, no I do not have kids. And I am not sure what those things have to do with what is posted on this forum. If you are implying that my opinions mean zilch because I didn't play sports growing up or don't have kids, then you should lobby the administrators to limit posting privileges to people that have played organized team sports and/or have kids that do. Otherwise, you aren't going to be satisfied with what is posted on here by me and others that don't pass your litmus tests.

Off topic again but ate at a coal fire pizza joint in PHX last night called "Grimaldi's". Took pic of sign and sent it to my girls...they thought it was pretty cool.

Excellent pizza. My daughters went to Grimaldi's on Friday night - during the game - "for good luck". I guess it worked.

Okay, I think I know where this is headed. First of all, I never said I was anything more than a fan of UND (athletics, academics, research). And this fan cares deeply about how successful UND is at those things. And I don't see how being passionate about UND is a bad thing just because I am willing to step up to the plate and say things that I feel need to be said. Second of all, no I didn't play sports growing up. I had some medical issues that prevented me from doing so. I am thinking I would have played either hockey or football if I had been able to play. And lastly, no I do not have kids. And I am not sure what those things have to do with what is posted on this forum. If you are implying that my opinions mean zilch because I didn't play sports growing up or don't have kids, then you should lobby the administrators to limit posting privileges to people that have played organized team sports and/or have kids that do. Otherwise, you aren't going to be satisfied with what is posted on here by me and others that don't pass your litmus tests.

I played organized hockey through high school and continue to play mens hockey against/with former college and pro players....I also have kids. Although I differ on how I communicate my concerns I do share some of your concerns with this program/coach. The bittersweet fact is that although it appears our program has (very) slowly started to go in the wrong direction, this coach is in the position to pull off what we had expected to happen at least once over the past decade. As of now, I'm on his side.

• Upvote 1

I played organized hockey through high school and continue to play mens hockey against/with former college and pro players....I also have kids. Although I differ on how I communicate my concerns I do share some of your concerns with this program/coach. The bittersweet fact is that although it appears our program has (very) slowly started to go in the wrong direction, this coach is in the position to pull off what we had expected to happen at least once over the past decade. As of now, I'm on his side.

That seems fair to me. And if the boys do pull it off next week, I will come on here and give them all the props they deserve.

& if they don't ?

Hak and his staff have done a good job this season. Anything from here on out is icing on the cake. While a beat down by the rodents or the evil empire would be hard to bear, most fans will have realized it was a great run. I had similar feelings two years ago after the regional in St. Paul. I gained a lot of respect for him as a coach that year, as it was the best season of coaching during his tenure. Unfortunately we have still not totally reloaded from Frattins senior year. We are very average when it comes to talent at the forward position, which begs a different question that can be saved for another day.

How about scpa ?

Will u thank Hak too ?

I may have said so before but now that I think of it I don't think they are overachieving....they have a very solid team on paper, a little young, but very solid. I think they had several mental lapses during the season which reflected in their pairwise ranking, however their record was decent. They are where they are for a reason.

I try not to look at things in the short term (as it relates to the coach), you give a guy a certain time range to get things done and you go from there. Given the fact Hak has continued to throw out competitive teams you have to extend the leash a tad. I sure hope he gets it done though, it's been awhile.

Just took a peek at GPL for the first time ever. OMG! Makes a guy want to create an account just to start snap'n on them Goofs!

Reporting back after a two-day trek over to GPL...not much to report...some good conversations. Some guy named Bucky7 stirring things up...the thread on "You might be a Sioux fan if..." is mildly amusing...some good posters, some not-so-good. Basically, it's SiouxSports.com minus a "Fire Lucia" thread.

Reporting back after a two-day trek over to GPL...not much to report...some good conversations. Some guy named Bucky7 stirring things up...the thread on "You might be a Sioux fan if..." is mildly amusing...some good posters, some not-so-good. Basically, it's SiouxSports.com minus a "Fire Lucia" thread.

but are you dumber for having done that?