SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Faceoff Review

gfhockey

There was at least one Final Five at Target Center when the Xcel was being built. Can't remember the year but was probably '99 or '00.

Both. See my post above. '99 was blown third period lead against Denver in title game followed by loss to BC at regional in Madison...'00 was upset win over MacNaughton Cup winner Wisconsin followed by win over Niagara at regional at Mariucci...

• Upvote 1

Both. See my post above. '99 was blown third period lead against Denver in title game followed by loss to BC at regional in Madison...'00 was upset win over MacNaughton Cup winner Wisconsin followed by win over Niagara at regional at Mariucci...

Your memory will fade with age . . . . And with kids bringing you trials and tribulations. Thanks. Again. As always. Four more and this team is National Champs. I believe. That this. Is The Year.

Your memory will fade with age . . . . And with kids bringing you trials and tribulations. Thanks. Again. As always. Four more and this team is National Champs. I believe. That this. Is The Year.

Niagara had upset New Hampshire in the semi-final game...quite a shock at the time. Other regional team from Mariucci to move on to the Frozen Four was Boston College.

• Upvote 1

Sounds like fun. Considering the source, it is hard to believe that happened.

NOT IF YOU WERE THE PERSON THAT HAD BEER SPILLED ON YOU. It happened on one of the goals that was being reviewed and I raised my hand to point the goal signal and ended up wearing part of the beer. Security at times had no personality. They need to have training on dealing with people. You need to get a life gfhockey! Games are nothing but a titty show and drunk fest for you. Some of us came to watch hockey and meet people that are hockey fans. I also stayed the entire day Saturday for both games and had a good time. It was enjoyable hearing the SIOUX fans cheering after Wisconsin beat Ohio State. Thanks Mafia Man for putting together the Hoggsbreath get together again this year.

NOT IF YOU WERE THE PERSON THAT HAD BEER SPILLED ON YOU. It happened on one of the goals that was being reviewed and I raised my hand to point the goal signal and ended up wearing part of the beer. Security at times had no personality. They need to have training on dealing with people. You need to get a life gfhockey! Games are nothing but a titty show and drunk fest for you. Some of us came to watch hockey and meet people that are hockey fans. I also stayed the entire day Saturday for both games and had a good time. It was enjoyable hearing the SIOUX fans cheering after Wisconsin beat Ohio State. Thanks Mafia Man for putting together the Hoggsbreath get together again this year.

So the guy likes drinking and boobs and you don't. So be it. I'm sure he watched some hockey and met some hockey fans, too. He just so happened to be wasted and smelling like cocoa butter and covered in glitter when he was watching :) ... To each, his own.

The Target Center was outdated but is to be expected with the age. The glass made it difficult to see the other end of the ice when sitting in the corner. The security staff does need a lesson about how hockey fans are and some things that come along with hockey. With seats open we moved over to sit with six friends that were sitting on the glass in row a in section 110. After we had defeated western Michigan to win the third place game two friends were hitting the glass like we would normally do at any other hockey arena to cheer. After this we had a swarm of security guards around the whole group who said that we were all kicked out and confiscated out tickets. When asked why we were all getting kicked out because we were a group. I was wondering if anybody else had an issue with security guards like this. We did not feel we did anything to warrant getting kicked out. We did not distract from other people watching during the game and heard no complaints from any one around us as they were also cheering.

Niagara had upset New Hampshire in the semi-final game...quite a shock at the time. Other regional team from Mariucci to move on to the Frozen Four was Boston College.

Watched the BC game against Michigan State in the other side of the bracket that year...Sean Horcoff and Adam Hall for MSU were just lights out with the puck...BC scores late in regulation with the goalie pulled to send into OT....BC ended up winning 6-5 in OT I believe and all but one of their goals was on the pp. The next nite BC gets Bucky...we had just watched the Sioux punch their ticket for the F4 against Niagra so we stuck around to watch the number one Badgers work them over...apparently nobody told BC as they dominated the Badgers....and a week later we got to see BC one more time in Providence which turned into title #7 for the Fighting Sioux.

The Target Center was outdated but is to be expected with the age. The glass made it difficult to see the other end of the ice when sitting in the corner. The security staff does need a lesson about how hockey fans are and some things that come along with hockey. With seats open we moved over to sit with six friends that were sitting on the glass in row a in section 110. After we had defeated western Michigan to win the third place game two friends were hitting the glass like we would normally do at any other hockey arena to cheer. After this we had a swarm of security guards around the whole group who said that we were all kicked out and confiscated out tickets. When asked why we were all getting kicked out because we were a group. I was wondering if anybody else had an issue with security guards like this. We did not feel we did anything to warrant getting kicked out. We did not distract from other people watching during the game and heard no complaints from any one around us as they were also cheering.

That is ridiculous. Me and a buddy bought drinks for a couple friends in another section. After being told by the usher we couldn't deliver them to them in their seats because our seats were in a different section we waited about 30 seconds for them to come up and were told then by another usher to get the hell out of there. I will say the male usher in section 124 was great though!

-Great branding by NCHC all over the Target Center and in the downtown area. A+

-I thought it was a great place to watch a game, sightlines were fantastic. The glass and boards need replacing though, as mentioned. The puck was bouncing around on that ice too.

-As far as the downtown experience, at times, it was hard to pick a place to go to, many more options than St Paul of course. Pourhouse did a great job hosting the UND fans. Put a few beer tubs throughout the big open dancefloor area, and they would make a lot more. People didn't want to wait for drinks. Also, put some high-top tables in that open area for people to at least rest their drinks on and stand around.

-Ushers and security staff, didn't care for them, but if the severe patdowns prevent people bringing in a weapon, I'm okay with it. Reminded me of TSA guys at the airport!

-Hotel, we stayed at Crowne Plaza, they weren't letting anyone check in early, so the lobby was full of Sioux fans waiting. 3 pm hit, and they began slowly checking people in. That part really sucked. Walls were thin, rooms were okay. Crowne was a bit of a walk, all enclosed by skyway, but we will stay somewhere else next time. What hotel do people recommend?

-Great branding by NCHC all over the Target Center and in the downtown area. A+

-I thought it was a great place to watch a game, sightlines were fantastic. The glass and boards need replacing though, as mentioned. The puck was bouncing around on that ice too.

-As far as the downtown experience, at times, it was hard to pick a place to go to, many more options than St Paul of course. Pourhouse did a great job hosting the UND fans. Put a few beer tubs throughout the big open dancefloor area, and they would make a lot more. People didn't want to wait for drinks. Also, put some high-top tables in that open area for people to at least rest their drinks on and stand around.

-Ushers and security staff, didn't care for them, but if the severe patdowns prevent people bringing in a weapon, I'm okay with it. Reminded me of TSA guys at the airport!

-Hotel, we stayed at Crowne Plaza, they weren't letting anyone check in early, so the lobby was full of Sioux fans waiting. 3 pm hit, and they began slowly checking people in. That part really sucked. Walls were thin, rooms were okay. Crowne was a bit of a walk, all enclosed by skyway, but we will stay somewhere else next time. What hotel do people recommend?

I stayed at the Marriott on Saturday night and the place was first class. I am staying there for the whole weekend next year.

After this we had a swarm of security guards around the whole group who said that we were all kicked out and confiscated out tickets. When asked why we were all getting kicked out because we were a group. I was wondering if anybody else had an issue with security guards like this. We did not feel we did anything to warrant getting kicked out. We did not distract from other people watching during the game and heard no complaints from any one around us as they were also cheering.

That is ridiculous. Me and a buddy bought drinks for a couple friends in another section. After being told by the usher we couldn't deliver them to them in their seats because our seats were in a different section we waited about 30 seconds for them to come up and were told then by another usher to get the hell out of there. I will say the male usher in section 124 was great though!

We had the checks at the top of the section, which was dumb since the place had a ton of empty seats. After Friday's game, my wife went to the restroom on the way out, and actually had a female security person come in the restroom and yell, "Hurry up - you have to get out. We're clearing the building." I made sure to mention this when the TC sent me the thank-you email and survey...

We were at the Crowne, too. Ha-ha, probably talked to you in the bar waiting for check in? We stay at the Crowne a lot and never have had any problems. Sorry to hear they didn't take good care of you.

For sure, Marriott.

• Upvote 1

I was in section 106 right in front of the guy that got beer poured on him. The 2 guys behind me threw a couple of pieces of ice out on to the ice. A Sioux fan below me saw them throw the ice and confronted them. They started arguing and the 2 behind me started arguing about B1G hockey being better than the NCHC. The way it sounded was that the 2 behind me were Goofer fans. They argued some more and the Sioux fan threw his almost full beer at the other guy, he then grabbed a can of beer and got all of us covered in the area. Security then finally came up and kicked out the 2 behind me and the 1 fan below me. They tried to kick out another guy too saying that he was throwing ice too, but we all told security it was the 2 in row i. Very entertaining i must say.

• Upvote 1

The ushers sound like they really destroyed some atmosphere, probably just conditioned to be like that with a different crowd for timberwolves games...I'd imagine the NBA fans would have more of the little thug life gangsta wanna be ballers element to their games.