SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

Punk

He told Bubba he wasn't sure if he wanted to stay at UND midway through the season so Bubba showed him the door.  Then Ferguson made a fool of himself on twitter.

Thought he got homesick and wanted to go home and become a police officer. He is a good kid.

Met Ferguson's parents one Saturday while tailgating - they were very friendly and said he was enjoying his time (this was early in the season). Things must have changed, the kid was probably 18-19 so gotta cut him some slack and wish him the best.  

Thought he got homesick and wanted to go home and become a police officer. He is a good kid.

I think you're talking abouot Casey Young. Unless, we have two WR's leave the team to pursue being a cop. Which is possible.

Not that anyone should care about what I think. My top 5 recruits are like this.

1. Elijah Grady-legit chance to play in the NFL

2. Iwarri Smith-very versatile could play both sides of the ball.

3. Mason Bennett-great size and speed for a OLB

4. John Santiago-speed, speed and more speed with some good vision and some little guy toughness.

5. Robert Hilton-something about him. I just see him being a all-American in the future. Great height for a DB.

Not that anyone should care about what I think. My top 5 recruits are like this.

1. Elijah Grady-legit chance to play in the NFL

2. Iwarri Smith-very versatile could play both sides of the ball.

3. Mason Bennett-great size and speed for a OLB

4. John Santiago-speed, speed and more speed with some good vision and some little guy toughness.

5. Robert Hilton-something about him. I just see him being a all-American in the future. Great height for a DB.

I'd throw Merz on there too. He's a beast and an athlete.

I'd throw Merz on there too. He's a beast and an athlete.

Between him, Rodgers and Greer they all are on the same plain as far as I can see. There is a few projects on there that will be interesting to see how they workout.

I assume you are kidding but that isn't true.

This is a theory presented by the AC hicks in another forum I believe.

Yes ira, very much kidding, unfortunately the geniuses it was directed at were not.  As Bubba stated yesterday, they are concerned about their evaluations, not what other schools are offering.  Somehow in the minds of some "football experts" they think that UND evaluates and offers a kid and then encourage them to do everything possible to get more attention for the sake of getting some sort of rating in a division where classes aren't ranked.  How someone could possibly think that makes sense is beyond me.

The coaches talked a lot about having their camps, getting a 1st hand look at guys for evaluations.  Example, the D end Engwall was eating everyone up at camp except for 1 guy.........Grady.  Grady stonewalled him every time.  Do we really care if Grady has a star by his name?

Other notes:

Coaches really high on Troy Hanson, up to 220 lbs. at 6'4" at LB

Dulin is growing, all of 6'4" at WR

All were high on the UAB running back as far as skill set and leadership

Lots of good info. on all the players at the event last night but 1 other thing was emphasized with recruiting, relationships and getting guys that are passionate about being part of UND.

The coaches talked a lot about having their camps, getting a 1st hand look at guys for evaluations.  Example, the D end Engwall was eating everyone up at camp except for 1 guy.........Grady.  Grady stonewalled him every time.  Do we really care if Grady has a star by his name?

Other notes:

Coaches really high on Troy Hanson, up to 220 lbs. at 6'4" at LB

Dulin is growing, all of 6'4" at WR

All were high on the UAB running back as far as skill set and leadership

Lots of good info. on all the players at the event last night but 1 other thing was emphasized with recruiting, relationships and getting guys that are passionate about being part of UND.

I imagine it's a lot harder to get recognized for a star rating being from New Town rather than other parts of the world.