SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

I hear ya, but I don't think that's what he was going for. If you put stock in his twitter there was alot of chatter with other sioux recruits, and the rival coaches tweet is another example. Regardless, time will tell. Just hope he sticks around, we could use a guy like that.

That is probably what he means. I hope it works out for him and UND. Michigan has never been very good to NDSU. The handful of athletes they have gotten from Michigan over the past 5 or 6 years haven't worked out. They have a D-lineman from last years recruiting class that hopefully will work out. With so many MAC teams in Michigan, I think they scoop up most players that are borderline Good FCS/Lower Level FBS quality. 

Same applies DL

I think DL is a little more critical than ILB, we could use another big body up front on D. LBs are a little bit interchangeable, but it doesn't matter how good they are if the front 3 don't hold up. Our biggest concerns next year are QB play and the D-line holding up.

Oliviara and Santiago play right away and 2-3 secondary guys won't redshirt. (Smith, Carter, Hilton). Watch out, the secondary could be pretty good next year, with depth.

Gotta gut feeling this team is gonna be in the mix.....

I know my son is armed and ready....likes what he sees and is ready to roll....

Says he has a good feeling about the entire overall experience so far.....bunch of lunch pail guys punching the time clock....

Love to hear that - Your son will fit right in and be an intregal part of what we call Bubba Ball - Thanks for being on the board - hope to see you tailgating

I really like this class. Bubba is doing what he said he would. Heart and soul from the Midwest sprinkle in the rest. I also like the 3 toba kids. If UND can get the top 2-3 Winnipeg kids each year that would be awesome. It's a huge untapped football market that is getting better, and UND has a strong history there.

I do have a question for both UND and NDSU fans. As someone who follows local HS football it appears to me Bubba has the better crop of local kids (ND/Northern MN) than NDSU. I realize NDSU has a much better class on paper and from the Twin Cities but I'm just talking ND/Northern MN. In my opinion the HS football in this area is getting better and better and this year had a lot of talent. Curious from those in the know why they think that is?

- NDSU going more national?

- UND offering more money

- Bubba/Schmidt/Rudolph all being from and putting more focus on ND

- Kliman/Hedberg not as good in ND as Bohl/Vigen

Just curious because i watch enough football to know Lawrence, Heidelbaugh, Grady (was an NDSU offer), Blackwell, Hartness twins would probably all be NDSU scholarship offers most years. Ellefson is far and away the top local kid after Johanasson but I think I would take Jade Lawrence over both Robbins and Brooks. I also really like Blackwell and Tristan Hartness at WR. In his highlight video there is a clip or two of Hartness outrunning Ty brooks, impressive. Blackwell didn't have a QB otherwise his stats would've been better, Hartness had his bro.

Curious what some thoughts are? Whatever the reason NDSU's loss could be UNDs gain with the local talent.

I really like this class. Bubba is doing what he said he would. Heart and soul from the Midwest sprinkle in the rest. I also like the 3 toba kids. If UND can get the top 2-3 Winnipeg kids each year that would be awesome. It's a huge untapped football market that is getting better, and UND has a strong history there.

I do have a question for both UND and NDSU fans. As someone who follows local HS football it appears to me Bubba has the better crop of local kids (ND/Northern MN) than NDSU. I realize NDSU has a much better class on paper and from the Twin Cities but I'm just talking ND/Northern MN. In my opinion the HS football in this area is getting better and better and this year had a lot of talent. Curious from those in the know why they think that is?

- NDSU going more national?

- UND offering more money

- Bubba/Schmidt/Rudolph all being from and putting more focus on ND

- Kliman/Hedberg not as good in ND as Bohl/Vigen

Just curious because i watch enough football to know Lawrence, Heidelbaugh, Grady (was an NDSU offer), Blackwell, Hartness twins would probably all be NDSU scholarship offers most years. Ellefson is far and away the top local kid after Johanasson but I think I would take Jade Lawrence over both Robbins and Brooks. I also really like Blackwell and Tristan Hartness at WR. In his highlight video there is a clip or two of Hartness outrunning Ty brooks, impressive. Blackwell didn't have a QB otherwise his stats would've been better, Hartness had his bro.

Curious what some thoughts are? Whatever the reason NDSU's loss could be UNDs gain with the local talent.

I think it comes down to fit for the team and Bubba actually going after local kids nice to see even as a bison fan. also UND might be able to offer more playing time right away as for NDSU going more national I don't see that the recruits we have gotten this yr have been from the same areas as before. I have seen some posts and talked to a few people that some of the kids mentioned in your post were pwo targets for ndsu so its not like they didn't like just not enough to give them money right away.   should be fun around here with bubba back.    

one question back do you think he is going to keep going after transfers as much down the line or is this just a way to jump start the program?

I think it comes down to fit for the team and Bubba actually going after local kids nice to see even as a bison fan. also UND might be able to offer more playing time right away as for NDSU going more national I don't see that the recruits we have gotten this yr have been from the same areas as before. I have seen some posts and talked to a few people that some of the kids mentioned in your post were pwo targets for ndsu so its not like they didn't like just not enough to give them money right away. should be fun around here with bubba back.

one question back do you think he is going to keep going after transfers as much down the line or is this just a way to jump start the program?

It appears as though it's out of necessity right now, it should die down as he gets a few classes under his belt for depth purposes.

I think it comes down to fit for the team and Bubba actually going after local kids nice to see even as a bison fan. also UND might be able to offer more playing time right away as for NDSU going more national I don't see that the recruits we have gotten this yr have been from the same areas as before. I have seen some posts and talked to a few people that some of the kids mentioned in your post were pwo targets for ndsu so its not like they didn't like just not enough to give them money right away. should be fun around here with bubba back.

3 of the 6 ND kids that UND got are PWO's so that reasoning doesn't work.

3 of the 6 ND kids that UND got are PWO's so that reasoning doesn't work.

Good for you...  4 of the ND kids that NDSU targeted were Johanasson, Brooks, Robbins & Grady.  WIth 30 scholarships to hand out 2 straight years hard to compete with that amount of money for some kids.  Ellefson is the real deal and has an offer from Purdue.  A lot of our class have FBS offers so our class is shaping up just fine.  As far as PWO no FCS team develops them as well as NDSU. 

Good for you...  4 of the ND kids that NDSU targeted were Johanasson, Brooks, Robbins & Grady.  WIth 30 scholarships to hand out 2 straight years hard to compete with that amount of money for some kids.  Ellefson is the real deal and has an offer from Purdue.  A lot of our class have FBS offers so our class is shaping up just fine.  As far as PWO no FCS team develops them as well as NDSU. 

We are talking about North Dakota, Dan.  Stay focused.  

PWO's don't get money so I don't know why you bring up scholarship money.  Also, it's hard to develop PWO's if you don't get them.  But NDSU didn't want any ND PWO's this year, I forgot.  Every other year, yes, but not this year.

Good for you... 4 of the ND kids that NDSU targeted were Johanasson, Brooks, Robbins & Grady. WIth 30 scholarships to hand out 2 straight years hard to compete with that amount of money for some kids. Ellefson is the real deal and has an offer from Purdue. A lot of our class have FBS offers so our class is shaping up just fine. As far as PWO no FCS team develops them as well as NDSU.

So NDSU has the best player development program in FCS history? Got it and thanks for the info. Your unbiased insight is much appreciated....

Anyone want to guess what % will get redshirted? I would think Bubba would get a good chunk of guys playing right away in positions we are very thin, and at key positions too. WR, RB, OL, maybe even the QB spot depending on how Mollberg and Bartels are recovering (hopefully those guys are 100% by summer). Looking at this class, and seeing what Bubba did last season with the players he had to work with throw in the injury bug as well and this team could be kissing the playoffs this season. Things are looking on the up for the first time since the DII days.

Anyone want to guess what % will get redshirted? I would think Bubba would get a good chunk of guys playing right away in positions we are very thin, and at key positions too. WR, RB, OL, maybe even the QB spot depending on how Mollberg and Bartels are recovering (hopefully those guys are 100% by summer). Looking at this class, and seeing what Bubba did last season with the players he had to work with throw in the injury bug as well and this team could be kissing the playoffs this season. Things are looking on the up for the first time since the DII days.

Hopefully very few play. I don't think the recipe to playoffs is playing a bunch of true freshmen. The guys that played last year need to continue to improve and a JUCO or two need to be ready.