SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

3 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Looks like we've offered Andre Randolph a safety from Indiana committed to Army. 

Anyone know what the likelihood is of flipping this kid from Army? Certainly seem positive that he is at least making a visit here this weekend, even if he is committed elsewhere.

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Anyone know what the likelihood is of flipping this kid from Army? Certainly seem positive that he is at least making a visit here this weekend, even if he is committed elsewhere.

All I know is that ESPN has close to 7 CB listed for them and 4-5 Safteys. So maybe he's looking for a better chance to play early or just a place bringing in a smaller group than that. 

12 minutes ago, jjensen said:

All I know is that ESPN has close to 7 CB listed for them and 4-5 Safteys. So maybe he's looking for a better chance to play early or just a place bringing in a smaller group than that. 

Must be a smart kid to be courted by one of the service academies. Would be interesting to see UND lure a quality recruit from an FBS program that offers an ivy-like education for free, albeit with quite a serious commitment on the backend.  

Maybe be he could get a taste of military life in UND's very highly ranked ROTC program and play football here. 

One nice thing weather wise going for UND this weekend is that during his visit it might be warmer here than in Indianapolis, with forecast for Grabd Forks around 34 degrees. 

22 minutes ago, Hambone said:

UND has allegedly offered Torron Murray from Georgia.  Has the size Bubba likes.  I can't get Twitter at work so I haven't seen anything there to verify.

Doesn't look like he's planning a visit as of now, so may not be anything promising on this one.

http://247sports.com/player/torron-murray-70997

He was following Rodgers on his twitter. 

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 8:26 PM, fightingsioux4life said:

Okay, this bull crap is getting out of hand. I don't care what the reasons are, I am sick of losing kids left and right for this and that! Enough is enough! :angry:

I think we need to remember that early commits are often done when kids don't know all of their options.  We never used to know the recruiting class until signing date cuz schools and coaches aren't allowed to make that information available to the media. These kids need to do what is best for them.  If our coaches offered the kid,  they do a good job of trying to maintain communication and continue recruiting until they are signed. If the kid wants to play at a higher level, then more power to them. We wish them well and if it doesn't work out we hope to have them transfer here.  We also want to wish them well in case they have siblings or friends/teammates who are potential recruits. It is difficult to go into a school where kids were at UND and don't have good things to say about the program or kids/parents/coaches who considered coming here read some of the criticism or insults on a fan blog. Coaches and fans need to make sure we don't get frustrated with this process. Until they are signed they aren't committed.  The colleges also offer kids scholarships then retract the offer cuz someone better comes along or maybe they see things they didn't like or change their mind about the kids potential. I am more concerned about losing kids that are already signed or are already here.  That is a more difficult pill to swallow, but we are just fans and it shouldn't cause us to lose sleep.

23 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

I think we need to remember that early commits are often done when kids don't know all of their options.  We never used to know the recruiting class until signing date cuz schools and coaches aren't allowed to make that information available to the media. These kids need to do what is best for them.  If our coaches offered the kid,  they do a good job of trying to maintain communication and continue recruiting until they are signed. If the kid wants to play at a higher level, then more power to them. We wish them well and if it doesn't work out we hope to have them transfer here.  We also want to wish them well in case they have siblings or friends/teammates who are potential recruits. It is difficult to go into a school where kids were at UND and don't have good things to say about the program or kids/parents/coaches who considered coming here read some of the criticism or insults on a fan blog. Coaches and fans need to make sure we don't get frustrated with this process. Until they are signed they aren't committed.  The colleges also offer kids scholarships then retract the offer cuz someone better comes along or maybe they see things they didn't like or change their mind about the kids potential. I am more concerned about losing kids that are already signed or are already here.  That is a more difficult pill to swallow, but we are just fans and it shouldn't cause us to lose sleep.

I never said I was losing sleep over it. But when you have a program like UND's that was driven into the ground and needs a total rebuild from the bottom up, any defections are very damaging. Maybe they won't matter as much in 5 years, but right now every defection hurts the depth of the team, which was lacking in 2015. That explains my frustration with the "bad news forthcoming" posts that pop up on here. I have nothing personal against any kid who decides not to come here, but I and others are just anxious to get back to winning and being relevant outside of Grand Forks. That is what fans do and this is a fan forum. So what is posted here shouldn't cause you to lose sleep either.

44 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

I have so many different things to say about this, most of which are inappropriate. Whatever it takes I guess. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

Whatever gets the job done.

If the team wins a national championship using tactics like these, the fans won't care one bit. 

Same for UND; if they win, people wouldn't mind one bit.

6 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Whatever gets the job done.

If the team wins a national championship using tactics like these, the fans won't care one bit. 

Same for UND; if they win, people wouldn't mind one bit.

It will be a cold day in hell when Bubba starts showing up at recruits houses in footsey pajamas. 

On 1/17/2016 at 2:09 PM, siouxfan512 said:

I'm glad to see Cloyd on the list. I know there were some FCS schools that offered him, and I believe he had given a soft verbal, as he was still looking at some FBS schools. Definitely a guy that I would like to see us keep.

Appears Cloyd committed to the Jacks     https://twitter.com/search?q=alex%20cloyd&src=typd

2 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

The MVFC teams are offering fulls to every good player in the 5 State region right now.  SDSU is leading the charge cause their class is in shambles.  Not much you can do when they are 4 hours closer and offer way more money.

Is that a fact that we didn't offer a full?  Or are you guessing?