SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/2015/12/04/2015-recruiting-weekend-1/

Evan Holm (verbal), Jeremy Chinn (offered), and Jake Hartford (offered).  OL Devan Hunt from Edina is the 4th.

Edit:  Hunt may be more of a DL (nose) prospect... lists himself at 6'4" 295, but he doesn't look that big (tall) in his hudl. 

Edited by UNDBIZ

Anyone have any idea of how many recruits the staff actually wants to bring in for next year?  The past 2 classes have been quite large, perhaps the staff is only looking to bring in 20-22 this year instead of the 30+ we've been seeing?

I know the number is smaller - I think I heard 15-16, but that seems light. 20 might be more realistic.

Loved his tape too.

Just curious-saw his tweet a couple days ago re: his first DI offer and now he commits.

No one at DI offered him and he didn't feel like waiting I guess, but unless the staff overwhelmed him and he just knew he wanted to play here, is there a concern that no other school wanted to make an offer?

Loved his tape too.

Just curious-saw his tweet a couple days ago re: his first DI offer and now he commits.

No one at DI offered him and he didn't feel like waiting I guess, but unless the staff overwhelmed him and he just knew he wanted to play here, is there a concern that no other school wanted to make an offer?

John Santiago didn't have any other DI offers and how did that work out?

Point is, I trust the staff; they have proved their talent evaluation process is effective. 

Loved his tape too.

No concerns at all.  We have a lot of players on our roster who only had 1 D1 offer, and it seems to be working out pretty well.  Sometimes coaches miss on good players.  How many offers did Reyes, Olivera, Adler, Kuska, and Hardin have?

Sometimes coaches miss badly - Goliday, Schobert, and Santiago.  There are a lot of good football players out there and our coaches seem to be doing a good job finding them.

Loved his tape too.

It's not our fault that other teams miss on guys.

Why inside? Coverage skills?

I'm guessing because the staff believes he projects best there for their defense.  Just trying to get faster and more athletic at all positions.  The defensive guys have a recruiting track record of bumping guys down from their high school position in an effort to make their defenses faster and more athletic.

I'm guessing because the staff believes he projects best there for their defense.  Just trying to get faster and more athletic at all positions.  The defensive guys have a recruiting track record of bumping guys down from their high school position in an effort to make their defenses faster and more athletic.

I do love when big safeties that may be a step slow slide down to LB where they become a very fast LB. Worked out great for Dayo and Disterhaupt.

Loved his tape too.

Nope, as per Bubba - they look at kids from their own perspective and don't care if other schools are offering, Nice to know our staff has confidence in their own talent evaluation abilities.