SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

SiouxVolley

15 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Very well possible there will be a major announcement this week.  But FBS play wouldn't start til 2020, as Idaho has dropped a couple of FBS games with Nevada for that time frame, but still hasn't cancelled FBS games after 2019.  Looks like Idaho will be FCS for two seasons in '18 and '19.

Wichita St and UTRGV  could well be invited too, as they need an invite soon to get their FBS plans going.  2020 is not too soon, but 2018 is.  That will give more time for Big Sky schools to prepare.

Would be be nice to see Omaha and Denver to jump to the WAC for 2018. All the west coast WAC schools can go to the Big Sky then.

This post will bring in an exorbitant number of trolls, but then again, trolls hate the idea a of UND doing something before them.

My guess is Idaho is cancelling just their FBS games for the first couple of years thinking there wil be a complete overhaul of CFB by 2020. There is no intention of the WAC/BSC being the sixth G5 conference. If anything, they are hoping to be joining the 2nd tier of CFB with the G5 schools and the top 3 or 4 FCS conferences. 

2 hours ago, Hayduke said:

Aha!  2020 must be a Jubilee year!

WE WENT FROM  guaranteed rules changes in 2016 plus a host of other predictions that never happened ,then on to  numerous other hocus pocus in 2017 and now we jump to 2018 TO 2019 TO 2020? His timelines sure cover all the bases.:0:lol:

And of course there is always another major announcement with in a week or so that for some reason never gets announced.:lol:

Im with you--pass the pasta!

12 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Still no word on where Wichita St is getting an invite.  With the news cycle filled with political conventions and Olympic coverage the next few weeks, and announcement to kick off the college football season would make more sense.

Have they announced that they in fact are restarting their FB team? Everything Ive read has been very inconclusive.

18 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Have they announced that they in fact are restarting their FB team? Everything Ive read has been very inconclusive.

The WSU President tweeting a photo of the new Shockers helmets and uniform is a very bold thing to do for a school that does not yet have an announced team yet.  The deign and production of that helmet and uniform cost more than a few cents.  WSU, the school and football, has Koch money behind it and they won't be denied.

Why would the new Big Sky Commish talk about expansion when the league already has 14 fb teams?  

Who would she expand to?

Have already given my answers:  swap the higher budget teams with the WAC and swap them for the WAC's western teams.  Add Dixie St, Azusa Pacific, and Cal Baptist as new DI teams.  With Wichita St (fb only), Sam Houston St, Lamar, Denver, and Mo St (fb only), the two leagues would have at least 10 fb teams each.

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

Forgot South Dakota and S F Austin as two more possible expansion candidates.

Funny how the bizon trolls aren't responding to the Big Sky Commish talking more expansion.

Should we care?????

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Hayduke said:

I have it on good authority that Trinity Bible College in Ellendale will add FBS football and join the Big 12 expansion. 

I have inside information.  

Prove me wrong.  I double dog dare ya!

I thought they were going to join the BSC when the NCAA changed the rules that was going to allow the move to FBS?  But the B12? I dont know that seems like a lateral move dont you think?

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, bison73 said:

I thought they were going to join the BSC when the NCAA changed the rules that was going to allow the move to FBS?  But the B12? I dont know that seems like a lateral move dont you think?

I was in the secret meetings.  It's all true.  

The mayor of Ellendale will announce a joint Trinity / City of Ellendale 50,000 seat state of the art stadium to be built by fall of 2020 when they join the Big 12.  

The announcement will come in October. 

If it doesn't, I'll pretend this post didn't happen and then push another plan.  One by Yankton College to rise from the grave and join the SEC.  

• Upvote 2

On 7/23/2016 at 1:00 PM, Hayduke said:

I was in the secret meetings.  It's all true.  

The mayor of Ellendale will announce a joint Trinity / City of Ellendale 50,000 seat state of the art stadium to be built by fall of 2020 when they join the Big 12.  

The announcement will come in October. 

If it doesn't, I'll pretend this post didn't happen and then push another plan.  One by Yankton College to rise from the grave and join the SEC.  

That seems reasonable.

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 3:44 PM, SiouxVolley said:

Why would the new Big Sky Commish talk about expansion when the league already has 14 fb teams?  

Who would she expand to?

Have already given my answers:  swap the higher budget teams with the WAC and swap them for the WAC's western teams.  Add Dixie St, Azusa Pacific, and Cal Baptist as new DI teams.  With Wichita St (fb only), Sam Houston St, Lamar, Denver, and Mo St (fb only), the two leagues would have at least 10 fb teams each.

http://idahostatejournal.com/members/isu-football-commissioner-williams-talks-expansion-tv-deal-for-big/article_a5b7ceca-4c89-11e6-8dc6-23bb72220822.html

http://billingsgazette.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/football/questions-remain-over-idaho-rejoining-big-sky/article_0a6dc925-c8bc-58ea-81f8-a8c2f4fc0862.html

I believe she is quoted as saying there is no discussion of expansion beyond Idaho. So, where do you get that she is discussing further expansion? A message board? Also, all you need to do is use Google and you will find the WSU President, very thoughtfully admitting that FB is not a given. His goal is to generate discussion by studying the issue and finding out just how much money it would cost (done)(a lot). These quotes are after his big tweet of a helmet and logo, not really expensive to do if you have a graphic arts department in your school. There are also articles quoting faculty and supporters who are against adding FB due to the cost. It is not a done deal at WSU.

Seven days left in the month of July. Have we heard any announcements yet? Or are you pushing the date back again?

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

That seems reasonable.

Totally.

The P5 conferences are all over themselves to expand to the rural northern plains. 

Why?  

In those meetings they see an under served populace.  They are doing it purely for their true mission.

Academics. 

Their objectives are as pure as the rural driven snow and two lane roads their buses full of student athletes were born to travel. 

They see Trinity as a college in need of regional certification.  This will help fulfill that goal. 

They wish to bring back the college of the late great Lyle Alzado.  

With the carrot of P5 membership, they can drive those goals for these schools. 

1 hour ago, Hayduke said:

Totally.

The P5 conferences are all over themselves to expand to the rural northern plains. 

Why?  

In those meetings they see an under served populace.  They are doing it purely for their true mission.

Academics. 

Their objectives are as pure as the rural driven snow and two lane roads their buses full of student athletes were born to travel. 

They see Trinity as a college in need of regional certification.  This will help fulfill that goal. 

They wish to bring back the college of the late great Lyle Alzado.  

With the carrot of P5 membership, they can drive those goals for these schools. 

You have uncanny vision for the future. That kind of thinking is university presidential worthy.

20 hours ago, jacksfan29 said:

http://idahostatejournal.com/members/isu-football-commissioner-williams-talks-expansion-tv-deal-for-big/article_a5b7ceca-4c89-11e6-8dc6-23bb72220822.html

http://billingsgazette.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/football/questions-remain-over-idaho-rejoining-big-sky/article_0a6dc925-c8bc-58ea-81f8-a8c2f4fc0862.html

I believe she is quoted as saying there is no discussion of expansion beyond Idaho. So, where do you get that she is discussing further expansion? A message board? Also, all you need to do is use Google and you will find the WSU President, very thoughtfully admitting that FB is not a given. His goal is to generate discussion by studying the issue and finding out just how much money it would cost (done)(a lot). These quotes are after his big tweet of a helmet and logo, not really expensive to do if you have a graphic arts department in your school. There are also articles quoting faculty and supporters who are against adding FB due to the cost. It is not a done deal at WSU.

Seven days left in the month of July. Have we heard any announcements yet? Or are you pushing the date back again?

You just certified yourself as a moron like the other bison trolls.

Their are numerous tweets and articles about Big Sky expansion, but no schools were named.

10 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Jubilee apparently includes the downfall of the Democrat Party, as it is revealed as a party of gangstas by wikileaks.

Wow. 

An irrelevent political statement.  

This is the dumbest thing I've read on the Internet today.  And I read a post by Lakes.  

Do I need to get GeauxSioux to threaten you to stay on topic?  :D