SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

SiouxVolley

With UND in the Alerus we would be stuck in the FCS flock.

Don't forget the agreement Idaho had in joining the BSC. They demanded Montana, Montana State, and North Dakota be in the BSC when they arrived on July 1, 2014 or else they could walk away from the deal at no cost.

Question:

They had to replace the first field turf installed (in 2012) in Alerus Center because of some issue with it. So 2013 season had new turf just like 2012.

Last I heard they were going to store the 2012 turf for installation somewhere else on campus. What became of that surface?

http://www.bakkentoday.com/event/article/id/397631/publisher_ID/1/

Question:

They had to replace the first field turf installed (in 2012) in Alerus Center because of some issue with it. So 2013 season had new turf just like 2012.

Last I heard they were going to store the 2012 turf for installation somewhere else on campus. What became of that surface?

I think Oxbow6 bought it and had it installed in his backyard...

• Upvote 1

Question:

http://www.bakkentoday.com/event/article/id/397631/publisher_ID/1/

Pretty sure it's going into the IPF.

• Upvote 1

Bisonville is so hilarious. A bunch of spineless, dysfunctional, know-it-alls, but yet they won't talk about Fullerton wanting to split the Big Sky into FBS and FCS conferences. An elephant is taking a sh*t now on their message board, but they don't say a thing. Bresciani wants NDSU in an FBS conference, and if the Big Sky goes FBS, he'll be banging on the door to get in. Taylor was just too petty to ever be partners with UND again. Taylor and Bresciani had it out, and Bresciani obviously won.

The whole thing reminds me on living on the gulf coast right before a Hurricane struck. All the birds left, the animals fled, and when the people finished boarding up their houses or had finished evacuating, it was eerily quiet. No peep out of anything. But then the winds started picking up and crap was flying everywhere. There's a massive shitstorm advisory for Bisonville. Enjoy!!!

So it's all about one-upping NDSU in a leap for FBS status?

No, it's about aligning the University of North Dakota with like-minded peers, like U of Idaho, U of Montana, and Montana State for collaboration in not just athletics but across many endeavors. It's a model used by the Big Ten and it would serve this group well also.

• Upvote 1

No, it's about aligning the University of North Dakota with like-minded peers, like U of Idaho, U of Montana, and Montana State for collaboration in not just athletics but across many endeavors. It's a model used by the Big Ten and it would serve this group well also.

Well that's news to me...Maryland and Rutgers are in the Big 10 now for their academics? And here I thought it was about expanding the TV network into the east coast market and making a ton of money in football.

• Upvote 1

Well that's news to me...Maryland and Rutgers are in the Big 10 now for their academics? And here I thought it was about expanding the TV network into the east coast market and making a ton of money in football.

Depending on the schools involved you are correct. The Penn State move was hugely academic for both parties concerned. Maryland and Rutgers was all about expanding thier footprint. Any other rhetoric is BS.

So it's all about one-upping NDSU in a leap for FBS status?

Bisonville is all about one-upping UND. They rejoiced when NDSU went DI because they didn't believe UND would go DI. They didn't believe UND would get in the Big Sky. The thought for sure UND would be kicked out of the Big Sky. Never did they believe that an NDSU FBS team would rely on UND's conference for an invite. They mock any and all posters here. Any revolting thing imaginable about UND has been brought up on that board.

This board is many times more gracious and merciful to NDSU than the other way around.

These bisonvillians are not what so ever representative of your father.

• Upvote 1

Fullerton finally spills the beans: the Big Sky has been talking about going FBS all along. Adding Idaho adds fuel to the fire. So is UND going to be part of the FBS flock, or the FCS flock. That is the question. I say UND has been planning for FBS ever since the Montana's got us in the conference.

http://missoulian.co...mment_form=true

Meanwhile, Patty Viverito of the MVFC just talked up the virtues of FCS. She has no plans to take the MVFC FBS.

What's a crises?

What's a crises?

The plural of crisis. What the author is saying is that when the next problem comes it won't be just one problem. It will be made up of P5 autonomy, full-cost scholarships, ambitious schools versus trying to survive programs, and who knows what else.

The same Idaho whose football team failed to meet acceptable NCAA Academic Progress Rates in 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012, and is cureently coached by the brother of the now-infamous Bobby Petrino? Sounds like a great "like-minded peer" for UND to hang out with.

Bisonville is all about one-upping UND. They rejoiced when NDSU went DI because they didn't believe UND would go DI. They didn't believe UND would get in the Big Sky. The thought for sure UND would be kicked out of the Big Sky. Never did they believe that an NDSU FBS team would rely on UND's conference for an invite. They mock any and all posters here. Any revolting thing imaginable about UND has been brought up on that board.

This board is many times more gracious and merciful to NDSU than the other way around.

These bisonvillians are not what so ever representative of your father.

Settle down and did you forget to take your meds again?

I think you guys are setting yourselves up for massive disappointment. It doesn't matter what Fullerton "wants" to do, the rules won't allow it and even the "permissive" portion of autonomy doesn't give authority to change something like that even if the P5 wanted it (they don't, evident by all the other rules and complaining about no more FBS teams).

Fullerton is making himself and the conference look foolish. He sounds bitter and almost identical to Mike Yeager of the CAA talking about a new east coast FBS league and then having a temper-tantrum almost immedietly before Old Dominion, Mason, Georgia St, and VCU bolted and JMU is leaving first offer they get. SoCon was talking similiar gibberish right before GA Southern, App, CofC, Davidson all said "yeah right, c-ya". Based on the past of what happened to the Big Sky's peer's in the CAA and SoCon, It would almost suggest that Fullerton is mad and desperate just like Yeager, the SoCon Commish, and Baghdad Bob and there is a better chance that Montana and Montana St are about to follow Idaho out the door than the other way around.

And this non-sense from Fullerton about G5 conferences not being able to pay full-cost of attendance is pure garbage. MAC commish just said in our media day thay the conference fully supports this stipend. Same with AAC, CUSA, Sun Belt. We'll be making more new money from the CFP and higher payouts to cover $5000 x 300 scholarships and have a nice chunk left over.

While the FCS teeters on a financial cliff, smaller FBS schools in conferences such as Conference USA and the Sun Belt Conference totter, watching their power rise.

The FCS is going extinct.

That’s what Eastern Kentucky coach Dean Hood says...

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/08/02/4269092/checkbooks-and-balances-budgets.html?sp=/99/1444/1649/#storylink=cpy

Not that I believe the theory that the Big Sky is going to split and have an FBS conference, but if this quote is true:

"While the FCS teeters on a financial cliff, smaller FBS schools in conferences such as Conference USA and the Sun Belt Conference totter, watching their power rise.

The FCS is going extinct.

That’s what Eastern Kentucky coach Dean Hood says..."

Then what happens to all of the FCS schools?