SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

SiouxVolley

Just now, Hayduke said:

That was a pretty weird loss for them.  Still won the FCS, but that was weird.  Especially at home.  

just don't see some of the higher end sun belt teams letting the little sisters of the poor come into their buildings and push them around like usd did....but taylor swift.

1 hour ago, homer said:

Minus the first two sentences this is a pretty good post.  A school or two in the region is going to make the move eventually.  I don't see it happening so quickly but right now it is all about positioning.  I think NMSU and U of Montana's past comments about the cost of staying FCS will drive this as much as any shake up of FBS.  Its also hard to argue if there is a potential anywhere of adding an FBS conference, the opening from Idaho through the Dakota's is an opportunity for a cost effective FBS or FCS conference of like minded schools.  

The only cost of staying in FCS for NMSU is losing guarantee game money. They don't get any donations to speak of right now. Their ticket revenue is pretty much non existant. That is a pretty sad reason to stay FBS. They take a paycheck knowing they have ZERO chance of winning the game. NDSU hasn't gone into a guarantee game not thinking they were going to win it. I know which program I would rather align myself with, and it wouldn't be Idaho and NMSU.

2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Some people are just not intellectually gifted enough to think like a president would.  I didn't include Idaho St's perceptions in my earlier prediction, so that has changed things.

So you bizon trolls think the Big Sky would pass up an historic opportunity to take over an FBS conference, you are truly delusional.  Probably belong on a cartoon board with six year old sausages.  The Milwaukee Brewers may have a slot for you in their sausages runs.

A UND FBS would interest FSN, as well as its hockey team.

The Big Sky Presidents probably knew of UND's potential donors before UND was invited to the BSC.

UND already meets the FBS scholarship and team requirements without 22 added slots.

UND has a bigger endowment than most of the Sun Belt.

Unlike the Sun Belt and MAC, UND'S media footprint includes a whole state and the MSP region.

Dropping baseball and men's golf would naturally happen before an FBS move for UND.

Why should UND be FCS, but Bowling Green, Ball St, Miami, C Mich, E Mich, Kent St, Troy, Coastal Car, Ga Southern, LaMonroe, Ark St, USA, and Ga St can be FBS?  UND has much more fan support and endowments than most of them.

The only way FSN is interested in UND football is if UND buys the airtime. They will not pay big money to televise UND football.

19 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

The only cost of staying in FCS for NMSU is losing guarantee game money. They don't get any donations to speak of right now. Their ticket revenue is pretty much non existant. That is a pretty sad reason to stay FBS. They take a paycheck knowing they have ZERO chance of winning the game. NDSU hasn't gone into a guarantee game not thinking they were going to win it. I know which program I would rather align myself with, and it wouldn't be Idaho and NMSU.

which is why you are not a university president....aligning yourself with schools that beat the worst of the worst fbs schools or align yourself with like minded flagship universities with law schools, med schools, aerospace schools and whatnot to improve the academics for the students.

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

which is why you are not a university president....aligning yourself with schools that beat the worst of the worst fbs schools or align yourself with like minded flagship universities with law schools, med schools, aerospace schools and whatnot to improve the academics for the students.

Of course, I see New Mexico State, Eastern Washington, Northern Arizona, etc. on all of the list of top schools in the country.:blink:

1 minute ago, nd1sufan said:

Of course, I see New Mexico State, Eastern Washington, Northern Arizona, etc. on all of the list of top schools in the country.:blink:

north dakota-flagship, 230 million endowment, med school, law, aerospace

montana-flagship, 177 million endowment, law school, business school

montana state-119 million endowment

idaho-flagship, 241 million endowent, law school

new mexico state-221 million endowment (fbs school in an fbs conference looking for like minded institutions of higher learning)

add a couple more and that makes for a nice little conference....

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

winning a "natty" in fcs is probably easier than winning the mid-con title imo...

I need to get in on this thread before it's locked...

Winning the FCS championship is so easy, UND has done it 0 times...

Can we start a thread called "Daily FU Affirmations" and hope the trolls just post there so they can share them with each other? 

Otherwise it's time to rev up the FU Fantasy league:Here are some suggestions on how you might earn points:

1 point for getting a troll response to a comment.

2 points if the troll is new and has less than 25 posts 

3 points if you get a troll to mention football in a non-football thread

3 points for saying hockey is  a niche sport that no one cares about. 

5 points for getting a reference on Bison-swille (Bonus point if mentioned by name)

Draft day is June 31. 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Funny how beating FBS teams is such a big deal for NDSU even if it was Ball State.

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

Funny how beating FBS teams is such a big deal for NDSU even if it was Ball State.

I don't see that he said beating FBS teams is necessarily a big deal anywhere in nd1sufan's post. What he did he said was that NDSU expects to win those games.

1 hour ago, Gothmog said:

I don't see that he said beating FBS teams is necessarily a big deal anywhere in nd1sufan's post. What he did he said was that NDSU expects to win those games.

Glad you can read and summarize and thank you for contributing no useful information.

I also didn't say he said anything about those things.

See I can do it to. 

I decided to say something related to the topic of NDSU and their games against FBS schools. That's how discussions work.

You're welcome.

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

Glad you can read and summarize and thank you for contributing no useful information.

I also didn't say he said anything about those things.

See I can do it to. 

I decided to say something related to the topic of NDSU and their games against FBS schools. That's how discussions work.

You're welcome.

No, what I did was correct your obvious misunderstanding of the OP.  Your response either betrayed a misunderstanding of the original post, or it was just a non-sequitur. You choose.