SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring time for Bubba and UND

geaux_sioux

Had a good conversation with a couple of people in the program today. They talked about how much more organized the new staff is and how clear Bubba's vision is. It's rubbing off on the players and it's basically what they were waiting for from Mussman.

Mussman lacked leadership, as I always warned. Thankfully Bubba and his staff know how to lead and they are passionate. Plus, you have to love the blue-collar run the ball and blitz philosophy they are implementing.

Mussman lacked leadership, as I always warned. Thankfully Bubba and his staff know how to lead and they are passionate. Plus, you have to love the blue-collar run the ball and blitz philosophy they are implementing.

They also mentioned that the coaches are just plain better and that guys understand what they need to do within the scheme 10x better. Let's hope they can unleash guys like Ratelle and Labat and Norberg.

I'm excited and supportive of the future, just need to keep it in perspective, this is the first year that money was made available to pay assistant coaches a salary that would allow for hiring guys with experience. The transition was run on a bare-bones budget, Faison refused to open up the wallet until he had allowed it to slip so far it was obvious and he had no other choice - he comes out looking like a rose but really it was him that put the program in the situation.

• Upvote 1

I'm excited and supportive of the future, just need to keep it in perspective, this is the first year that money was made available to pay assistant coaches a salary that would allow for hiring guys with experience. The transition was run on a bare-bones budget, Faison refused to open up the wallet until he had allowed it to slip so far it was obvious and he had no other choice - he comes out looking like a rose but really it was him that put the program in the situation.

I don't know if that is fair. It may have been pretty difficult to find quality coaches during the transition and there is no point in over paying bad coaches.

Just because your staff is underpaid does not mean that you should be unorganized and lack leadership. The points GeauxSioux made had absolutely nothing to do with compensation. They had everything to do with effort and want-to.

" the coaches are just plain better and that guys understand what they need to do within the scheme 10x better" I agree and I'm just saying that money will get you experience. I'm not going to do the research but I would like to see the comparision of the years of experience with this staff versus last year's staff. I'm happy for the upgrade and as always will continue to support the team.

• Upvote 2