SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring time for Bubba and UND

geaux_sioux

He did look good either his freshman or sophomore year I don't remember. Whichever year Hardin went down.

His fr year. Made huge catches against USD and USF. His got all the talent needed like Marcus had. He also lacked maturity in the same way.... I'm hoping he'll make the most of his final year

I feel like we're in the horse latitudes right now..... Who's everyone looking forward to seeing this spring? What's everyone looking for?

I am just looking forward to seeing all the current freshman get a chance. I am most excited to see Sharp and Carr but will also be looking forward to seeing Norberg and Reyes. I am also interested to see the other WRs that show they can possibly step up.

You still have to throw the ball some! Have you watched the Minnesota Vikings lately?

Anyway, we will be emphasizing the run moving forward, and I agree that is winning football. Having Cedric Simmons (who is 215 lbs) and Sharp (should be around 190 to 200 lbs) will go a long way; however, as Bubba said during his last press conference, we will be aggressively searching for a downhill FBS transfer running back. Add an FBS transfer at 200 lbs + into the mix, and we would have a nice backfield to get the job done.

Unless you are running the option (or the single-wing or the wing T), receivers matter. So yes, we have to talk about the receivers. Championship teams generally don't have glaring weaknesses of any kind.

OK, maybe I should have used more smiley faces to show my sarcasm! :) :) Obviously we need a balanced offence with a passing game and a solid running game. I would like to see our Tight Ends get into the mix more this year.

• Upvote 1

Any chance Butler gets a look at corner this spring? He's got the speed, and having a physical 6'2" corner would be nice. I have to assume there will be at least a couple of players who have to switch to corner this spring out of necessity. Butler may be as good of a candidate as any.

Any chance Butler gets a look at corner this spring? He's got the speed, and having a physical 6'2" corner would be nice. I have to assume there will be at least a couple of players who have to switch to corner this spring out of necessity. Butler may be as good of a candidate as any.

No. He'd be a better LB than corner. Safety is where he should be. He's not flexible enough for corner.

Who knows. Maybe they'll add a couple walk ons for spring to fill up the roster for the time being

I think the chances are better of finding somebody who can actually contribute at corner by switching positions rather than new walk ons, but I guess we'll see. I don't necessarily think the previous regime had everybody playing the correct positions anyway.

I think the chances are better of finding somebody who can actually contribute at corner by switching positions rather than new walk ons, but I guess we'll see. I don't necessarily think the previous regime had everybody playing the correct positions anyway.

Who would you have switch to corner?

McGill would never switch. He wants to play wr. Coyle could do it for sure. Edmunds?

I was really hoping that a couple of juco transfers could be signed in time to enroll for the second semester. Spring ball will be difficult with potentially only one true corner. I would not be surprised if both 2014 starting corners aren't even on the team yet.

Possibly, but at 153 pounds it would be difficult to imagine he'd hold up very long.

Very true. Another name may be Kodee Varner although I have never seen him play and assume he doesn't have the hips for it. Also maybe Pat Brown. Just throwing names out there now.

Will be interesting to see Will Lyons during spring.

I talked to a current player last week that I have gotten to know a little bit. He said things are quite different with Bubba and the new coaches. He said there weren't very many rules in the past and Bubba has set a lot of expectations for them. He likes it and he likes the new coaches.

Sounds about right

SOurce inside AD said bubba had heard about the players shoveling the field and I kid you not demanded as one thing in his contract that they will not be shoveling

so some engineers at UND rigged up the bobcat to not rip up the turf but modifying it.

bubba has this going in the wright dircetion

SOurce inside AD said bubba had heard about the players shoveling the field and I kid you not demanded as one thing in his contract that they will not be shoveling

so some engineers at UND rigged up the bobcat to not rip up the turf but modifying it.

bubba has this going in the wright dircetion

In all honesty, having the players shovel the practice field last spring was one of the most embarrassing things I had ever heard about at the DI level of football. That is inexcusable because, well, it shows the lack of investment in the football program. It's upsetting that the coach, not the A.D., will be the one to get this thing turned around in terms of principles and values. That's where it starts - ultimately it ends on the football field with coaching and execution, but if you don't have investment in the program from the top, it's difficult to have consistent success. If UND football comes back to life, it won't be because of Brian Faison, but rather because of Bubba Schweigert and his demand for legitimate UND football pride/respect.

• Upvote 1