SiouxSports.com Forum

Defensive Coordinator

bincitysioux

when is the announcement for Eric Schmidt going to be? Seems odd to announce Rudolph first, you'd think Schmidt would have been more automatic.

Hopefully today. I wonder if Dale might be offering him the DC to keep him there. Dale has lost 3 coaches and Eric would be the fourth.

when is the announcement for Eric Schmidt going to be? Seems odd to announce Rudolph first, you'd think Schmidt would have been more automatic.

Since Rudolph was already in the State higher education system, it might have been faster to get him cleared.

As Tom Miller pointed out:

Just wondering what people realistically are expecting from next year's defense? With Schmidt coming into the fold, that makes our last 3 DC's former players of Bubba. We know it will be a 3-4, and I can't imagine there will be much change in scheme, if at all will there?

What will make the defense more effective under Schmidt than it was under Kotelnicki?

Why did the defense regress so much from 2011 to 2012 under Mannausau?

Discuss..............

Need players. Didn't have the talent.

I almost feel bad for Lennon at this point. His entire staff is getting gutted.

OC

DC

QBs

LBs

so let's see here, SIU is a program that has been nothing of late and yet UND raids their coaching staff and thinks it will lead them to the promised land. way to go Mr. AD. for a program that seriouslyt needed to cut ties with former players and coaches for its current staff this is brilliant I say, just brilliant...not. :sneaky:

so let's see here, SIU is a program that has been nothing of late and yet UND raids their coaching staff and thinks it will lead them to the promised land. way to go Mr. AD. for a program that seriouslyt needed to cut ties with former players and coaches for its current staff this is brilliant I say, just brilliant...not. :sneaky:

My hope is that Bubba and company will be recruiting a slightly different footprint with ND/Minn/Wisc while keeping a presence in Illinois. SIU's roster consists of 0/1/3 players respectively from those first three states.

I don't see the logic either - I appreciate that the coaches are fired up and want to make a difference - Can anyone answer why they couldn't make a difference in Carbondale and what they will do different here? Is there something I'm missing or is this just Magical Thinking?