SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Bowling Green

UNDsportsFANATIC

Can't find the UND game on radio in Fargo tonight, so I listened to the coaches show on WDAY. Now listening to NDSU game. How many DI schools have a "voice of the ______" football team that is the vox of a different DI school's basketball team. Does this situation exist anywhere else in the entire country? Makes me uncomfortable. I've listened to the sports on KFGO this week and the voice of UND hasn't mentioned the search for a football coach for UND one time. Granted, a significant turn of events occurred over the weekend in Fargo. But...

I'm done with this team, or whatever you want to call them. We get clobbered by BG while NDSU beats Notre Dame. I thought UND was going to be a special product after destroying the Bison, but was I wrong as always. UND athletics is in a sad state right now. I don't know what sport is even worth following at the moment.

UND drops their fifth in a row while NDSU beats Notre Dame of the ACC??

That win back on the 24th of November means nothing now. There's no reason this team should be this bad. I'm sure they'll compete well in conference play, but if they can't beat out of conference opponents, what does it matter. They'll likely finish 3rd or 2nd in the conference standings and it will be over. If they do win the conference tournament, they'll likely be a 15 seed and get blown out by a top 10 school.

So much for the optimism at this point. Hopefully the team improves. I hate the fact they've declined since the NDSU game while NDSU has only improved improved since then.

Huff is an excellent player, but he seems to be going after the scoring title instead of trying to play team ball. If he could be more patient and not force everything, his scoring would still come. Anderson and Schuler need to shoot every other time they have the ball. I think Schuler has done a pretty good job of that, but Anderson has been too unselfish at times. All it would take is a few outside makes from these two and bam!, back to Huff to do his thing. Nash is like Huff and just needs to let the game come to him. He gets tunnel vision when he gets the ball and needs to start seeing the court better, kick the ball out to the perimeter for the open shot. As far as the posts go, I have nothing. Just rotate Traylor, Salmonson, and Calcaterra and hope one of them is ready to play that night. Bowling Green is a must win in my opinion. This has been a very disappointing season up to this point. CP and Pacific should have been wins.

Agree - what's frustrating is that some guys haven't learned a lick of basketball sense in the last 4 years.

I'm done with this team, or whatever you want to call them. We get clobbered by BG while NDSU beats Notre Dame. I thought UND was going to be a special product after destroying the Bison, but was I wrong as always. UND athletics is in a sad state right now. I don't know what sport is even worth following at the moment.

I agree with you on BG, but don't pump up beating Notre Dame in Men's BB as any kind of "signature" win for NDSU. Notre Dame sucks in Men's BB; I don't think they have ever done anything special in that sport. If they beat Notre Dame in Women's BB, that would be a big deal, as the Irish women's team is pretty good. And if they ever beat them in FB, well.......we would never hear the end of that. :crazy:

Like others on here, I am now not as excited about the Men's BB team as I was. Looks like the same tired old broken record. :sad:

I don't know why everyone cannot get over that UND lost on the road. It's what they do.

Now, they will come back home and kick the sh*t out of SDSU. Just the way they work. Would love to know why they cannot win on the road but whatever, their home games are fun at least!

I agree with you on BG, but don't pump up beating Notre Dame in Men's BB as any kind of "signature" win for NDSU. Notre Dame sucks in Men's BB; I don't think they have ever done anything special in that sport.

31 times in the NCAA tournament...Austin Carr scored 61 points against Ohio in 1970...ended UCLA's 88 game winning streak in 1974...a 27-7 record in 2011...yea, they've never done anything special in basketball...

• Upvote 1

31 times in the NCAA tournament...Austin Carr scored 61 points against Ohio in 1970...ended UCLA's 88 game winning streak in 1974...a 27-7 record in 2011...yea, they've never done anything special in basketball...

My point is that they are not a consistent basketball power year in and year out like Duke, North Carolina, etc. I don't think they are even ranked right now. When you think Notre Dame, you think FB, you don't think Men's BB. As for making the NCAA tournament 31 times, that doesn't necessarily speak to greatness, considering how many spots are available. NDSU beating Wisconsin in Men's BB was a much bigger accomplishment than beating Notre Dame in Men's BB.

I agree with you on BG, but don't pump up beating Notre Dame in Men's BB as any kind of "signature" win for NDSU. Notre Dame sucks in Men's BB; I don't think they have ever done anything special in that sport. If they beat Notre Dame in Women's BB, that would be a big deal, as the Irish women's team is pretty good. And if they ever beat them in FB, well.......we would never hear the end of that. :crazy:

Like others on here, I am now not as excited about the Men's BB team as I was. Looks like the same tired old broken record. :sad:

have to call you out here. of course its a signature win. theyre a perennial ncaa and top 25 team normally. they havent done anything special in the dance but they were a 2 seed a couple seasons ago. as far as this season making the dance for them remains to be seen but we'll see how they end up

half to call you out here. of course its a signature win. theyre a perennial ncaa and top 25 team normally. they havent done anything special in the dance but they were a 2 seed a couple seasons ago. as far as this season making the dance for them remains to be seen but we'll see how they end up

They have the occasional head-turning team (2011), but more often than not, they aren't anything special. FB comes first, second and third at Notre Dame, with everything else way behind. If you want to call it a signature win because of Notre Dame's nationally prominent brand, that's fine. But it's not nearly as impressive as beating Wisconsin or Marquette.