SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Bowling Green

UNDsportsFANATIC

Now you are calling ND crappy. Oh dear Darell. You are really upset about this aren't you? Notre Dame is consistently a good basketball team. No ifs. ands, or buts about it. Are they this year? Way too early to tell. If UND beat Notre Dame, you'd be unbelievably pumped, and rightfully so. Big win on the road at a consistent tourney team that very very rarely loses at home in the Non-Conference schedule. I don't know that any Bison fans have said we'd beat Duke. Not many teams can say that they'd beat Duke.

Nope not upset. And crappy is a bad term, I apologize they haven't made much noise since Digger left, even in 2011 as a #2 seed getting thumped in the first round. As for the Duke comment I apply that to the beatBama you guys toot every year.

Congratulations. When you lower expectations from winning National Championships to winning season series, it makes disappointment a little less heartbreaking.

You just said winning you didn't specify championships or games. Thanks for your interest in UND athletics.

And I still think UND basketball will be fine in conference play. You won't miss the conference tournament and you will have all season to work on playing the zone. Th failures of UND and the success's of NDSU since Nov 24th don't mean anything in relation to what happens in both their conference tournament..

You just said winning you didn't specify championships or games. Thanks for your interest in UND athletics.

Do I have too? Bison football fans are in for National Championships. Conference Championships and playoff wins don't mean anything to them. I would hope it's the same expectation for UND hockey.

Do I have too? Bison football fans are in for National Championships. Conference Championships and playoff wins don't mean anything to them. I would hope it's the same expectation for UND hockey.

Looks like you shouldn't have skipped those remedial english classes. So now the results of what happens on the court don't mean anything - typical. Don't you have something to smack about on Bison-swille? Again so little going on over there the trolls have to cross the bridge and attack the Flagship University of the state of North Dakota - always was, always will be. Sorry.

Can't find the UND game on radio in Fargo tonight, so I listened to the coaches show on WDAY. Now listening to NDSU game. How many DI schools have a "voice of the ______" football team that is the vox of a different DI school's basketball team. Does this situation exist anywhere else in the entire country? Makes me uncomfortable. I've listened to the sports on KFGO this week and the voice of UND hasn't mentioned the search for a football coach for UND one time. Granted, a significant turn of events occurred over the weekend in Fargo. But...

It is an odd situation, I will give you that. I assume he is a professional and handles it that way, but it is different.... That he does UND Football and does an assortment of Moo U Basketball, I find a bit akward- I don't know him personally, but I enjoy his broadcasts of football. It's probably the only time that I can remember since both schools have had their sports on the radio, that there has been a crossover guy. I could be wrong.

Well since this is a basketball thread, and NDSU did play Notre Dame in basketball, I hope you mean SL Championship because winning the whole dance is NOT gonna happen.

Your lineup is good but I would still start with Webb. Calcaterra has done nothing on offense or defense for 2 games and does not even have a rebound in the last 2. Salmonson is just as ineffective so lets go with this lineup and play Traylor, Hooker, Benton and Stefen off the bench. This would make us solid with the ability to score from anybody. I would start Benton at the 5 before I would start either big cause Benton would fight for the rebounds and actually play very solid on defense. Jones definitely needs to shake up the lineup and leave the bigs out.

We have gotten way off on the topic of UND against Bowling Green. I agree that the line up needs changed due to the inability of our post players to play at either end. Hopefully Jones will change the lineup and start Webb, Anderson, Huff, Schuler and Nash. No way should Calcaterra nor Salmonson start or play unless Nash and Traylor get into foul trouble. I agree with nodak to bring Traylor, Hooker, Benton and Stefen off the bench and basically that's all. Everyone has had their chances to make their marks and it's now time to weed down the lineup and go after the Big Sky title. We have the ability if for once they realize they must play as a team. Again too many shots were taken at Bowling Green with 2-3 defenders on them with shooters wide open. It's a broken record that must be fixed. 2-3 selfish players are hurting this team over and over.

Nope not upset. And crappy is a bad term, I apologize they haven't made much noise since Digger left, even in 2011 as a #2 seed getting thumped in the first round. As for the Duke comment I apply that to the beatBama you guys toot every year.

Actually, it was the second round...Notre Dame beat Akron in the opening round and then lost to Florida State.

I agree with you on BG, but don't pump up beating Notre Dame in Men's BB as any kind of "signature" win for NDSU. Notre Dame sucks in Men's BB; I don't think they have ever done anything special in that sport. If they beat Notre Dame in Women's BB, that would be a big deal, as the Irish women's team is pretty good. And if they ever beat them in FB, well.......we would never hear the end of that. :crazy:

Like others on here, I am now not as excited about the Men's BB team as I was. Looks like the same tired old broken record. :sad:

Well Cal Poly and Pacific certainly aren't any better than Notre Dame and look what they did to us…

When we ran the zone offense, when we actually attacked the middle and got someone in the middle to attack the zone we did have success. You need to make the zone uncomfortable and always moving around. Schuler right now is the only one that was in the middle. When we get in it however, we need to execute and make the smart pass

We serious cannot run a full court press as well.

Is the full court press wearing UND out?

20-45 is the record of the 7 ND wins. Only Bryant and Delaware have winning records. Its not like ND is Duke or Kansas, a good win for NDSU but that's like pumping up the Kansas football team because of the conference they are in.

comparing notre dame bball and KU football is a terrible comparison

It is an odd situation, I will give you that. I assume he is a professional and handles it that way, but it is different.... That he does UND Football and does an assortment of Moo U Basketball, I find a bit akward- I don't know him personally, but I enjoy his broadcasts of football. It's probably the only time that I can remember since both schools have had their sports on the radio, that there has been a crossover guy. I could be wrong.

I don't mind Michaels, just is a weird situation. I also realize it is WAY down the priority list with the athletic department right now. Just hope it is addressed soon.

FU fans come back here desperately begging for attention again. Good win vs Notre Dame. Still doesn't change the 20 point convincing loss from earlier.

I'm hardly an SU 'fan,' but it's hilarious seeing folks here put down an NDSU win over Notre Dame while defending UND losses to Pacific and Bowling Green, two universities that most Sioux alums couldn't even find on a map.

• Upvote 1