SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Bowling Green

UNDsportsFANATIC

Settle down guys. You sound like BV after UND kicked six different kinds of dogsh*t out of them. Now they won a few in a row and everything is top of the world again. UND will win again too. Starting with SDSU.

Wait til NDSU chokes in the SL tournament and misses the Dance and the NIT. BV will calling for Saul's head like they have every year since the 2009-2010 season.

Put UND in NDSU's place last night...Irish win by 25.

And if NDSU traveled to Miami tonight and beat the Heat, your first comment would be 'yea, well Dwayne Wade isn't a third of the player he used to be - I'm still not impressed.'

What makes you think that Notre Dame would beat UND by 25 when Wisconsin ( who is a much much better team Notre Dame) didn't beat us by that much.

What makes you think that Notre Dame would beat UND by 25 when Wisconsin ( who is a much much better team Notre Dame) didn't beat us by that much.

Because NDSU beat ND, and NDSU is like the Miami Heat of college basketball. Anyone who loses to them would automatically beat us by 30. :silly:

Just my two pennies. This team (throughout its four years), more than any other I've seen at any level, is a bit of a head case. It has great skill and talent but for whatever reason the slightest bit of adversity rattles it to the point that it can't dig out of holes and close out games in hostile environments. Combine that with just dumb bad luck with injuries and suspensions in recent years (Brekke, Schuler, Huff, Traylor, etc.) and inconsistent foul shooting (one game they knock down 99 percent of their shots the next they can't throw it in the ocean) and you have an even greater up-hill battle.

It's like they read their own headlines and message board fodder, both positive and negative, and let that affect their play. The only thing I can boil it down to is that it is all psychological.

Because Wisconsin was UND's "Super Bowl". Or was NDSU UND's "Super Bowl"? I didn't take notes so just going from memory.

20-45 is the record of the 7 ND wins. Only Bryant and Delaware have winning records. Its not like ND is Duke or Kansas, a good win for NDSU but that's like pumping up the Kansas football team because of the conference they are in.

Comparing Notre Dame basketball to Kansas football is just silly. Notre Dame is consistently a good basketball team. They don't lose at home much, they make the tourney on a regular basis. I don't know if Notre Dame is any good this year....but to compare beating them in basketball to beating Kansas in football....woof.

Is there any tangible reason UND plays awful on the road vs. at home?

• Upvote 1

I think it comes down to focus. I look at the team basketball UND has played against Weber St. last year for example. To me its appears when they get focused, they play well. These last few games there has been too much one on one, we are ranked in the 300's for assists this year. You can't tell me other guys aren't open. Jones needs to correct this now before it becomes a habit.

I think it comes down to focus. I look at the team basketball UND has played against Weber St. last year for example. To me its appears when they get focused, they play well. These last few games there has been too much one on one, we are ranked in the 300's for assists this year. You can't tell me other guys aren't open. Jones needs to correct this now before it becomes a habit.

For some of the guys, it's a habit that is about 3 1/2 years in.

The same Bowling Green team that rolled UND last night was beaten by 24 by Wisconsin a few weeks ago.

I guess I just have to disagree with you. Even though we are losing on the road nobody else has beaten us by 25. So I see no reason to believe Notre Dame would of beaten us by 25. I guess if you are comparing scores you might as well include the one where UND beat NDSU by 18. I rest my case.

I don't really care how good Notre Dame BB is. The point is, NDSU went on national television and beat a household name. That says something. UND had their chance with Butler, and blew it.

Exactly And don't forget WI earlier this year...

I guess I just have to disagree with you. Even though we are losing on the road nobody else has beaten us by 25. So I see no reason to believe Notre Dame would of beaten us by 25. I guess if you are comparing scores you might as well include the one where UND beat NDSU by 18. I rest my case.

So on the basis of UND beating SU by 18, shouldn't UND be able to go into South Bend and roll the Irish? Surely, you jest...

I get a kick out of fans here not giving SU some credit. Some folks apparently think they're on par with Dickinson or Minot State. Of course, I read the same thing after the Kansas State/NDSU football game too.

That is a ludicrous comment. Whether Notre Dame is overly talented or not, this was another example of SU winning a highly visible game that they weren't expected to win. That statement can't be made about a UND football or men's BB program in many years. Although I hate to say it, hats off to the Bison!

Just because the media thinks the Irish are great at everything doesn't make it so. Yes, it was a solid upset win on the road against a big-name school. That does not make Notre Dame a great Men's BB school. Anyone that thinks they are great is being "ludicrous", not me.

When we ran the zone offense, when we actually attacked the middle and got someone in the middle to attack the zone we did have success. You need to make the zone uncomfortable and always moving around. Schuler right now is the only one that was in the middle. When we get in it however, we need to execute and make the smart pass

We serious cannot run a full court press as well.

I think the line up needs a shaking up... We need to go to a 4 guard line up and Nash. However, it is not the 4 guards you think.

Hooker

Anderson

Huff

Schuler

Nash

Sounded like Schuler looked good last night. Hopefully he is fully recovered and will play a big part for the rest of the year.

So on the basis of UND beating SU by 18, shouldn't UND be able to go into South Bend and roll the Irish? Surely, you jest...

I get a kick out of fans here not giving SU some credit. Some folks apparently think they're on par with Dickinson or Minot State. Of course, I read the same thing after the Kansas State/NDSU football game too.

Why should we be nice to them; most of them won't even acknowledge that our hockey titles are legitimate (niche sport, not enough teams, nobody cares, blah, blah, blah). They come on here and troll for attention, make inflammatory comments and then we are supposed to be nice and complimentary to them? Sorry, I am through being nice to our rivals, it just encourages more trolls to come over here and cause trouble. Our fan base has gotten soft and complacent over the years. We are just expected to accept mediocrity and give everybody else credit for this and that (the nauseating level of fawning over Grand Valley State back in the day is just one example). We have serious problems in the Empire to solve and we had better start solving them. Or we'll pay for it for years to come.

End rant.

Just because the media thinks the Irish are great at everything doesn't make it so. Yes, it was a solid upset win on the road against a big-name school. That does not make Notre Dame a great Men's BB school. Anyone that thinks they are great is being "ludicrous", not me.

And what exactly would you categorize Wisconsin basketball as?

Put UND in NDSU's place last night...Irish win by 25.

And if NDSU traveled to Miami tonight and beat the Heat, your first comment would be 'yea, well Dwayne Wade isn't a third of the player he used to be - I'm still not impressed.'

I don't see the Irish beating us by that much. If we can play Wisconsin close in Madison, we should have a chance to do the same in South Bend.

And please don't give them any more bright ideas (the NDSU-Miami Heat comment). Their egos are so big right now they probably could talk themselves into believing that too.

SU beating Notre Dame, WI and Marquette>>>>>UND beating Crookston, Mayville, ect... (I have blacked out the loss to VCSU)

Not complicated...

Beating SU was a nice win but the bad smell is festering again after this 5 road game debacle.