SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Bowling Green

UNDsportsFANATIC

Beat them last year in a close game at the Betty. I think I remember Webb having some late game heroics. They lost their two high-scorers from that game to graduation, but they might have reloaded. UND certainly added talent since that game, but anything can happen on the road.

I have watched Bowling Green twice on TV this year just to see what kind of team they have knowing we were playing them. They are extremely fast and athletic. They are very long and athletic at the post/forward positions that will give us problems. Don't think they will zone us cause they like to get out and run like us. They are equally as athletic as us and maybe more so and with their ability to score in bunches down low and on their home court this game could be very difficult for us. If we don't finally learn how to hit the open man and if we don't make the extra pass then we are in trouble again, we won't be able to stop them down low. Our shooters will have to be spot on in the game and I believe they are all due.

Cratter I think disappointing is a bit far. They lost to teams that are expected to beat us. Teams that are nationally ranked, as well as teams that will eventually be ranked this season In Butler.

Now if the same type of play goes on during conference play, then yes it is safe to say this season was disappointing. But choose whatever words you want.

Cratter I think disappointing is a bit far. They lost to teams that are expected to beat us. Teams that are nationally ranked, as well as teams that will eventually be ranked this season In Butler.

Now if the same type of play goes on during conference play, then yes it is safe to say this season was disappointing. But choose whatever words you want.

I'd say disappointing too - not just because of the losses. We have guys who have played here for 4 years and still have no clue what their shot is.

Disappointing start to the season.

I don't think its been disappointing. we are 2-5 and we were major underdogs against Wisconsin, Oregon, Butler and Pacific. I expected us to lose to all those teams. Losing by 15 to each of those teams is not bad at all because they will beat teams in their highly rated conferences by that margin on their home courts. The only disappointing game so far is against Cal Poly and even in that game we were the underdogs. If we win these last 3 games it is exactly what I expected our record to be thru non conference this year. We run basically a 4 guard offense and that fits very well in the Big Sky but does not fit against these big conference teams. I expect what we have been thru to benefit us in the Big Sky.

This game was winnable too along with cal poly and pacific.... I expect to beat a team we are not expected to.

I think those 2 games are the disappointing ones. I didn't expect u to beat Oregon, Wisconsin, or Butler. Now if we go to Idaho St or Southern Utah and start dropping conference games left and right then this season will be a disappointment. No Dance no positive season.

I'd say disappointing too - not just because of the losses. We have guys who have played here for 4 years and still have no clue what their shot is.

The last part of your statement I do agree with. The coaches and players should know by now what is a good shot for a player and not a good shot. After 4 years they should also know when they are double teamed that a team mate is wide open and find that person. Those are the things that upset me the most and that is the main things this group of seniors have not gotten better at which in turn is why they lose games they should be winning. I keep hoping things will change with some of the players in this group but they are running out of time to make these improvements. Once they decide to drive to the basket it doesn't matter how many guys drop off on them they are shooting. I am not disappointed yet but if this continues thru conference play then we will lose many games that we shouldn't and then I will be disappointed. It's all about the conference and the big dance.

We've seen flashes of smart, unselfish, team basketball and in those flashes our team has been able to beat or compete with just about anyone out there. Ball rotation, open shots, one extra pass... those are things you don't see much of from this team and it's disappointing because when you do see it, this offense is amazing. Hopefully they can get this figured out going forward, start acting like the senior team that they are, and have everything clicking by the Big Sky tourny and then the Big Dance ;)

We've seen flashes of smart, unselfish, team basketball and in those flashes our team has been able to beat or compete with just about anyone out there. Ball rotation, open shots, one extra pass... those are things you don't see much of from this team and it's disappointing because when you do see it, this offense is amazing. Hopefully they can get this figured out going forward, start acting like the senior team that they are, and have everything clicking by the Big Sky tourny and then the Big Dance ;)

This sums it up perfectly. Flashes when they play together and once they go to playing one against the entire other team it's not good. We need more balance in our shots and scoring to be at a high level because we have the players that should be getting more shots that can actually make them.

Huff is an excellent player, but he seems to be going after the scoring title instead of trying to play team ball. If he could be more patient and not force everything, his scoring would still come. Anderson and Schuler need to shoot every other time they have the ball. I think Schuler has done a pretty good job of that, but Anderson has been too unselfish at times. All it would take is a few outside makes from these two and bam!, back to Huff to do his thing. Nash is like Huff and just needs to let the game come to him. He gets tunnel vision when he gets the ball and needs to start seeing the court better, kick the ball out to the perimeter for the open shot. As far as the posts go, I have nothing. Just rotate Traylor, Salmonson, and Calcaterra and hope one of them is ready to play that night. Bowling Green is a must win in my opinion. This has been a very disappointing season up to this point. CP and Pacific should have been wins.