SiouxSports.com Forum

Expectations for Next Season & New Coach?

Cratter

Anyone hearing anything on Kyle Norberg? His twitter says he was visiting Illinois State. Not real clear on the reason why...

He did favorite that tweet that I posted of Jameer Jackson. I just ignored it when I saw it but I didn't notice that Norberg went around Illinois State's campus.

The girl that gave him a tour tweeted back at him saying something about "Anything for the future redbirds of america". OH-OH!

Is he tweeting about the 1st, 2nd or final time he left the team? Just curious.

Would have needed to have a coach in place before at least Dec. 2 for him to be talked to about staying. Otherwise, 14 days to look for a school that would take you, talk to the coaching staff, apply for transfer/admission, and be accepted. Yeah, right. I think some guys were shopping for other schools by about November 1, if not before. That played a factor last season. Those guys were already gone even if Muss and staff stayed. Does anyone still feel bad for guys that left before a new coach was named? After all, it's a business. ???

My expectation is that we have a decent recruiting year and are improved next fall. No blow outs. I would let these kids know I expect them to stay out of trouble, keep their grades up and play above and beyond what was expected of them. Each kid needs to realize this happens everyday and we can all raise our level of performance. We have enough talent to be competitive but it will take a lot more work in the weight room and off season conditioning, film study and dedication than they have experienced. I would expect the same from our coaching staff , administration and fans. This can be a lot of fun if we all get on board. We need to quit comparing what we do with our pals to the south and just wish them luck with their game and start focusing on the things we can influence and control. If these kids and coaches do that and our administration commits to giving these guys the resources to be successful it will happen. Those who think this is a sinking ship put your life jacket on and jump. Those who stay can be part of a brotherhood that can be a team to be remembered as one of most important in history of UND fb.

My expectation is that we have a decent recruiting year and are improved next fall. No blow outs. I would let these kids know I expect them to stay out of trouble, keep their grades up and play above and beyond what was expected of them. Each kid needs to realize this happens everyday and we can all raise our level of performance. We have enough talent to be competitive but it will take a lot more work in the weight room and off season conditioning, film study and dedication than they have experienced. I would expect the same from our coaching staff , administration and fans. This can be a lot of fun if we all get on board. We need to quit comparing what we do with our pals to the south and just wish them luck with their game and start focusing on the things we can influence and control. If these kids and coaches do that and our administration commits to giving these guys the resources to be successful it will happen. Those who think this is a sinking ship put your life jacket on and jump. Those who stay can be part of a brotherhood that can be a team to be remembered as one of most important in history of UND fb.

There are two Division I programs in the state - who else are we going to compare ourselves to? In addition, I think all of us here know many Bison fans and are soooo tired of hearing about their program. We need to demand excellence in our program and right soon. I know Bubba has difficult circumstances next year, but I am really tired of our university running a second rate football program. I hope that the powers behind the throne are right about this hire because we need to step it up and soon. We can't afford another 6 years of mediocrity. I heard the jumping ship analogy many times during Muss's tenure and in my opinion is a statement that is just made to silence critics. About time we demand success.

• Upvote 1

Expectations:

~Don't get killed at home.

~Every game is competitive.

~If you're not dressed and on the sideline you're waiving a towel in support of your defense.

~No fifteen yard personal foul penalties multiple times a game.

~The opposing QB gets blood on his jersey.

Record wise I just want a .500 season. Get people interested in the program again.

• Upvote 1

Expectations:

~Don't get killed at home.

~Every game is competitive.

~If you're not dressed and on the sideline you're waiving a towel in support of your defense.

~No fifteen yard personal foul penalties multiple times a game.

~The opposing QB gets blood on his jersey.

Record wise I just want a .500 season. Get people interested in the program again.

I believe 5-7 or 6-6 is very obtainable next season if the team plays with discipline and effort. Talent wasn't a major issue last year; the penalties and turnovers were though. The team just needs to execute better, and Bubba & staff will definitely get them to do that. Plus, over the years, we'll continue to improve with the added influx of top North Dakota/Minnesota/Wisconsin recruits.

There are two Division I programs in the state - who else are we going to compare ourselves to? In addition, I think all of us here know many Bison fans and are soooo tired of hearing about their program. We need to demand excellence in our program and right soon. I know Bubba has difficult circumstances next year, but I am really tired of our university running a second rate football program. I hope that the powers behind the throne are right about this hire because we need to step it up and soon. We can't afford another 6 years of mediocrity. I heard the jumping ship analogy many times during Muss's tenure and in my opinion is a statement that is just made to silence critics. About time we demand success.

There is a difference between last season and what opportunities lay ahead. What I said was if you think this is a sinking ship which some have said then jump. There is plenty of room for criticism but I think there is also plenty of room for optimism. At some point in time the term screwing a dead horse comes to mind. Time to move on and I don't listen to the AC fans and I doubt there is a single one who cares what I think. I have better things to do. Bubba doesn't have difficult circumstances he has a great opportunity and I bet if you asked him he would agree. That is why he took this job.

There is a difference between last season and what opportunities lay ahead. What I said was if you think this is a sinking ship which some have said then jump. There is plenty of room for criticism but I think there is also plenty of room for optimism. At some point in time the term screwing a dead horse comes to mind. Time to move on and I don't listen to the AC fans and I doubt there is a single one who cares what I think. I have better things to do. Bubba doesn't have difficult circumstances he has a great opportunity and I bet if you asked him he would agree. That is why he took this job.

When the AC's reign of terror through the FCS ends you will see the bandwagon fans disappear and their fanbase call for people's heads. Bohl set the expectation pretty high, they will call for Saul Phillip's head if they don't make the dance this year. UND has nowhere to go but up, the AC goes down and misses the playoffs it could be catastrophic for them.

I believe 5-7 or 6-6 is very obtainable next season if the team plays with discipline and effort. Talent wasn't a major issue last year; the penalties and turnovers were though. The team just needs to execute better, and Bubba & staff will definitely get them to do that. Plus, over the years, we'll continue to improve with the added influx of top North Dakota/Minnesota/Wisconsin recruits.

I would have agreed with you that 5 or 6 wins were quite possible but finding DBs that can play (and play rather well) right away will be a challenge! As we have learned, you need to have some talent and depth back there and, as of today, we have neither.

When the AC's reign of terror through the FCS ends you will see the bandwagon fans disappear and their fanbase call for people's heads. Bohl set the expectation pretty high, they will call for Saul Phillip's head if they don't make the dance this year. UND has nowhere to go but up, the AC goes down and misses the playoffs it could be catastrophic for them.

The reality of Moo U's decline begins on Sunday and is very real. They are graduating some very good players, lost nearly the entire coaching staff that rebuilt the program and the Gophers have a coach that is not letting top talent get away. On top of that, UND has hired a very capable staff that is extremely familiar with ND,SD,MN,WI,IA and Ill and will likely pull a few recruits that the Ag school was able to get previously. I think 2014 they will see a drop in performance, but 2015 and beyond the Ag school will have to battle to make the playoffs with a tough MVC schedule. Just my opinion

The reality of Moo U's decline begins on Sunday and is very real. They are graduating some very good players, lost nearly the entire coaching staff that rebuilt the program and the Gophers have a coach that is not letting top talent get away. On top of that, UND has hired a very capable staff that is extremely familiar with ND,SD,MN,WI,IA and Ill and will likely pull a few recruits that the Ag school was able to get previously. I think 2014 they will see a drop in performance, but 2015 and beyond the Ag school will have to battle to make the playoffs with a tough MVC schedule. Just my opinion

Could you imagine the faces at FU the day UND makes the playoffs and they don't. Or the first UND-NDSU meeting in the playoff is at the Alerus and NOT the Fargodome. I know they will put this on BV and laugh but it may be a reality as UND football grows (Faison is putting money into the program) and their football declines back to the Babich era.

• Upvote 2

Could you imagine the faces at FU the day UND makes the playoffs and they don't. Or the first UND-NDSU meeting in the playoff is at the Alerus and NOT the Fargodome. I know they will put this on BV and laugh but it may be a reality as UND football grows (Faison is putting money into the program) and their football declines back to the Babich era.

I know you live in Fargo and have to deal with the FU faithful more than most, but you seemed more concerned about them failing then UND rebuilding.

• Upvote 2

They certainly could see a rapid decline because I think many people underestimate just how good Bohl and his senior class are.

• Upvote 1

I was speaking yesterday with 2 friends that are former college coaches and they both believe that UND now has a better staff than NDSU. They also believe UND football will become the more dominant program over the next 4-5 years. I even tried to play devils advocate in the discussion, but was stopped abruptly with reasons for the shift in power.

NDSU President Bresciani said today that it might be a while before the UND/NDSU game can be restarted because UND isn't very competitive in football right now and NDSU would just as soon wait till the game would be more competitive. Over the years they sure have come up with a lot of reasons why the game can't be played. Boring.