SiouxSports.com Forum

Preference for new coach

SiouxVolley

Within reason, who do you choose?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Choice for new coach (monetary restraints - no Saban)

• Lennon - bring him back
    • Schweighert - DC SIU
    • DeBoer - OC SIU
    • Hazelton - DC Nevada
    • Leipod - HC Wisconsin-Whitewater
    • Tibesar - LB coach, Chicago Bears
    • Bollinger - QB coach, Pitt
    • Caruso - HC, St Thomas
    • Nielson - HC, WIU
    • Other

seriously?? you are trying to say that Grand Forks is better than anywhere in Colorado? Even Greeley? I grew up just down the road from Grand Forks, spent 4 years in Grand Forks. It may not be the end of the earth, but you can see it from there. Now the IPF, the indoor stadium, the academics, where the graduates get jobs - those are things to brag about...

When were you in GF?

But the choice isn't between North Dakota and Colorado. It's between North Dakota and Greeley.

Nuff said..............

Indeed. Greeley, to put it mildly, is a cesspool.

ThePoorKid32.png

Worst facilities in the Big Sky Conference. They're probably stuck with their coach because the poor alumni support for their football team more than likely won't buy out what miserable money he makes...

The Bears are the patsy of the league with little hope to get better. But, they do fulfill the goal of being close to the Denver media market.

What they do with livestock in Greeley is illegal everywhere.

What's sad is the stink that comes from Greeley.. You'd think they'd at least bathe the animal beforehand...

Gotta give the University of Agriculture and Applied Science credit for at least doing that... :lol:

Is this the quote your talking about?

I think you read it backwards initially.

Denver....YES. Greeley......not so much.

i'm getting tired of this debate. neither place is the Garden of Eden, but the point here is getting a prospective coach to come to UND.

how about we let the thread get back on track?

Wristen, Caruso, Leipold, Aranda, Cotton, Kleiman, Bollinger, Tibesar? Tom Hayes (K State) anyone?

seriously?? you are trying to say that Grand Forks is better than anywhere in Colorado?

My simple point was no one said anything close to this.

No one implied anywhere in north Dakota is better than anywhere in Colorado. A bears fan said it the other way around. You misread it and got your panties in a bunch.

My simple point was no one said anything close to this.

No one implied anywhere in north Dakota is better than anywhere in Colorado. A bears fan said it the other way around. You misread it and got your panties in a bunch.

North Dakota is better than Colorado. Red River Valley is beautiful in its own way. So flat it almost seems manmade.

I'm assuming that was a bad joke otherwise I'm going to throw up in my mouth - no UND fan would ever suggest Knucklehead Hager other than in jest, UND has higher standards. Not only were his team's off field activities out of control he's done nothing since leaving FU.

The new coach must have D1 coaching experience. I don't want to take a chance on a D2 or D3 coach. D1 is a completely different world. We need someone that is defensive minded. This is our biggest area of concern. So if you ask me, a DC with D1 experience is the optimal selection.

I actually disagree to some extent. We did just fine against some of the better 1-AA schools while we were D2.