SiouxSports.com Forum

Preference for new coach

SiouxVolley

Within reason, who do you choose?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Choice for new coach (monetary restraints - no Saban)

• Lennon - bring him back
    • Schweighert - DC SIU
    • DeBoer - OC SIU
    • Hazelton - DC Nevada
    • Leipod - HC Wisconsin-Whitewater
    • Tibesar - LB coach, Chicago Bears
    • Bollinger - QB coach, Pitt
    • Caruso - HC, St Thomas
    • Nielson - HC, WIU
    • Other

If Pelini gets canned at Nebraska I could see the mutual interest for them in Bohl and Bohl in them, but Id be shocked if Florida seeks him. Also as a USC fan, I highly doubt Orgeron moves to FCS level if he doesn't become the head coach there.

I love the idea of an SU coach coming here. They know the recipe for success and recruiting to ND.

Bohl to Gainesville to clean up the mess that is Florida Gator Football? NDSU's current high national profile might make Bohl more visible to big-time FBS programs that are looking to make a change at the top.

Gator Nation will riot and burn the campus down if this happens. No chance.

I am a little late in this thread but as a guy who was born, raised, and educated in North Dakota who now lives in Colorado I need to clarify a couple things for Big Sky Bears:

Greeley, Pueblo, and really the eastern plains just suck all around. The eastern plains are nothing but barren pasture land. At least in eastern North Dakota the land is rich and provides. Boulder is only cool if you are a tourist or a progressive liberal. I do go out on the eastern plains to hunt ducks and pheasant but I have to work three times as hard to get half the take compared to hunting in Nodak.

I live in Vail Valley now and I have to say parts of the state like this blow away not just Nodak but any other state in the lower 48, so to say every part of CO is better is somehow obvious and shortsighted.

In the end the people in Nodak make the difference. They are genuinely friendly and caring. They will help you out in a pinch. Nodak is also very beautiful in its own way and I look forward to visiting every chance I get.

Big Sky Bears: In conclusion, Greeley sucks and it is the butt of all jokes in the rest of CO. Welcome to reality!

I am a little late in this thread but as a guy who was born, raised, and educated in North Dakota who now lives in Colorado I need to clarify a couple things for Big Sky Bears:

Greeley, Pueblo, and really the eastern plains just suck all around. The eastern plains are nothing but barren pasture land. At least in eastern North Dakota the land is rich and provides. Boulder is only cool if you are a tourist or a progressive liberal. I do go out on the eastern plains to hunt ducks and pheasant but I have to work three times as hard to get half the take compared to hunting in Nodak.

I live in Vail Valley now and I have to say parts of the state like this blow away not just Nodak but any other state in the lower 48, so to say every part of CO is better is somehow obvious and shortsighted.

In the end the people in Nodak make the difference. They are genuinely friendly and caring. They will help you out in a pinch. Nodak is also very beautiful in its own way and I look forward to visiting every chance I get.

Big Sky Bears: In conclusion, Greeley sucks and it is the butt of all jokes in the rest of CO. Welcome to reality!

Don't forget that academically, UNC is a joke.

And boom goes the dynamite.

Won't comment on how the eastern Colorado paturelands are, but, as a ND'en, I prefer the grasslands of western ND to the croplands of eastern ND. There are some of us who value prairie as much as many value mountains and trees. There was a fair bit of prairie remaining in western ND when I moved our here in the 80's, in spite of the Earl Butz era that made a whole lot of prairie disappear, but it is now under attack from the oil industry, and I much prefer prairie turned to cropland than the torn up contaminated mess that is big oil.

Now back to the actual topic, sorry for the interruption.

Won't comment on how the eastern Colorado paturelands are, but, as a ND'en, I prefer the grasslands of western ND to the croplands of eastern ND. There are some of us who value prairie as much as many value mountains and trees. There was a fair bit of prairie remaining in western ND when I moved our here in the 80's, in spite of the Earl Butz era that made a whole lot of prairie disappear, but it is now under attack from the oil industry, and I much prefer prairie turned to cropland than the torn up contaminated mess that is big oil.

Now back to the actual topic, sorry for the interruption.

Western Nodak is a great place too (short of oil country I imagine). I hunt pheasants out west south of Dickinson every year and have mountain biked the Mah Dah Hey trail in the badlands as well. Nodak has so many great aspects it is hard to cover it all!

Anyway, I am stoked we are searching nationally for a new head coach and I trust Faison will make a smart hire.

Has anyone thrown out the name Dan Hawkins?

Not that I've seen. I imagine there are probably a number of formerly big name FBS coaches out there who don't really need money after huge contract buyouts. But it seems rare that you ever see them attempt to resurrect their head coaching careers at lower levels. I see he was with Montreal in the CFL this past season, after being a broadcaster for awhile.