SiouxSports.com Forum

Preference for new coach

SiouxVolley

Within reason, who do you choose?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Choice for new coach (monetary restraints - no Saban)

• Lennon - bring him back
    • Schweighert - DC SIU
    • DeBoer - OC SIU
    • Hazelton - DC Nevada
    • Leipod - HC Wisconsin-Whitewater
    • Tibesar - LB coach, Chicago Bears
    • Bollinger - QB coach, Pitt
    • Caruso - HC, St Thomas
    • Nielson - HC, WIU
    • Other

I flew into GFK last night from Denver....................

Was I supposed to meet with Faison?

You can reschedule.

I've been a season ticket holder to a D-1 program (CSU) and I've been to Bronco games...therefore, I feel I meet both the D-1 and Pro qualifiers for the job.

:silly:

I'm very luke-warm to the idea of Bollinger

Here is my take on Bollinger...is he HC material on a FCS level as of this minute...meh? Will he be in 2 years...no doubt. Do I think at this point in time he can do a better job with this program than Muss did over 6 years...absolutely. I think his upside is huge and all thing considered and what has transpired over the last 6 years I think he could definately assemble a staff to turn this program around. Just apples to apples he alone would be a huge upgrade over Muss.

Here is my take on Bollinger...is he HC material on a FCS level as of this minute...meh? Will he be in 2 years...no doubt. Do I think at this point in time he can do a better job with this program than Muss did over 6 years...absolutely. I think his upside is huge and all thing considered and what has transpired over the last 6 years I think he could definately assemble a staff to turn this program around. Just apples to apples he alone would be a huge upgrade over Muss.

I don't follow him at Pitt but how is that team doing with him on the sidelines?

Wristen would be an interesting choice.

I wonder if UNC is going to fire their coach this year? With the poor support they get from alumni, it might be hard to buy out that contract. Plus, if it was between UND and UNC for Wristen...hmmm... I think UND could win out.

What?? UNC's contributions and revenue are better than half the conference. If our alumni didn't support, we would be dead last. As far as attendance, yeah it's bad but that we haven't had a winning season in 11 years. Any sane person would never choose to live in North Dakota over Colorado.

http://www.usatoday....hools/finances/