SiouxSports.com Forum

Preference for new coach

SiouxVolley

Within reason, who do you choose?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Choice for new coach (monetary restraints - no Saban)

• Lennon - bring him back
    • Schweighert - DC SIU
    • DeBoer - OC SIU
    • Hazelton - DC Nevada
    • Leipod - HC Wisconsin-Whitewater
    • Tibesar - LB coach, Chicago Bears
    • Bollinger - QB coach, Pitt
    • Caruso - HC, St Thomas
    • Nielson - HC, WIU
    • Other

I was thinking more along the lines of when Lane Kiffin was a HC with Monte Kiffin as one of his coordinators. (We know who the real mind in that set-up was.) Lane was the face of the organization and was supposed to be maturing into a real HC (epic fail).

Ya, well, that is also family. I can't imagine someone who would want to come in and be the face of the program but not the real HC. That's fake to me, and I for one would never want NDSU to have some pseudo-HC just, well, because he has a big name and or was in the NFL. That, my friend, ain't what wins football games. See Kiffen family above!!

They went 8-2 and were ranked 16th in the country. With 32 teams making the playoffs, they were not selected. This guy is a winner.

*With their 3rd String QB

And he was 6-12 his first two seasons at Macalaster....before jumping ship to a close school with more football resources....hmmm

Not sure what your point is here?

Macalster was considering ending its football program.

Tim Tibesar is in his 1st year in the NFL as the Bears linebacker coach. He is not leaving the position that take some people a lifetime to get to to come back and be head coach at UND and I don't blame him.

Look no further than Gus Bradley as to what can happen when you finally get your foot in the door in the NFL.

Tim would be absolutely fantastic. But he's not coming to UND.

• Upvote 1

Why not hire d3 coach Lance Leipold? He had a higher winning percentage (95%) than Caruso and had won 4 National Championships. Now that guy is a proven winner!

Yet the votes here are 25-0?!? Haha

He does have some dI experience at Nebraska. Also gave UND fits as offensive coordinator at UNO under Pat Behrns.

Why not hire d3 coach Lance Leipold? He has a higher winning percentage (95%) than Caruso and has won 4 National Championships. Now that guy is a proven winner!

Yet the votes here are 15-0?!? Haha (lots of groupthink)

OK. that works.

had not checked in to him.

realistically how soon before faison hires a new coach....days, weeks, or months... seems like joe glenn was hired at usd very shortly after meikerhort was fired after the worst fb inthe history of football games at the alerus(((should have been muss' last one too the looks of it))..

even tho i voted for brooks its my hunch that faison goes for someone we haven't named on here yet??

realistically how soon before faison hires a new coach....days, weeks, or months... seems like joe glenn was hired at usd very shortly after meikerhort was fired after the worst fb inthe history of football games at the alerus(((should have been muss' last one too the looks of it))..

even tho i voted for brooks its my hunch that faison goes for someone we haven't named on here yet??

According to the guys reporting on their meetings with Faison today there will be a coached hired sometime in December. I got the feeling by the tone of some tweets that Faison would like to make the hire sooner but University hiring requirements state that the job must be publicly posted for a set amount of time. Hopefully Faison has a plan and a hire is made very shortly after that required amount of time has passed.

agree that it probably will not be someone being discussed on this thread.

when a decision is made will more than likely have to depend on where the candidates came from - FCS regular season is not over until next weekend, playoffs even longer, FBS goes into December and then bowl games, DII and DII candidates will depend on their team's run into the playoffs. really don't expect a decision until at least the middle of December IMHO

from anygivensaturday.com by WeAreNorthDakota

Faison stated in an interview this afternoon that he'd like someone with D1 experience and/or NFL playing experience. Based on that I'm guessing Caruso doesn't get a look initially.

sounds like a Brooks Bollinger resume...