SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs UC Davis

geaux_sioux

UC-Davis has seemingly been very up and down. They got crushed at home by Portland St., and lost almost as badly as UND did at home against Montana. But they've also had some good performances, and handled both UNC and Idaho St. more easily than UND did. They also had a nice win at Southern Utah. If the "good" version of UC-Davis shows up, it could be another long day. If it's the Portland St. or Montana versions, UND would have a shot. However, with an extra week to prepare (they had a bye last week), I suspect this will be the "good" version on Saturday.

UC-Davis has seemingly been very up and down. They got crushed at home by Portland St., and lost almost as badly as UND did at home against Montana. But they've also had some good performances, and handled both UNC and Idaho St. more easily than UND did. They also had a nice win at Southern Utah. If the "good" version of UC-Davis shows up, it could be another long day. If it's the Portland St. or Montana versions, UND would have a shot. However, with an extra week to prepare (they had a bye last week), I suspect this will be the "good" version on Saturday.

Luckily UND hasn't put much on film this year with the struggles of the offense.

Randy Wright, the Aggies four-year starter at QB is setting a number of Aggie passing records but you will find him the most inconsistent record-setter you've ever seen. If the Aggies win, it will probably get down to rushing and defense. If Wright plays the good game is capable of, it will be a long day for UND. If Wright has a terrible day, which he is also capable of, you will have two INT's and four sacks and see a lot of passes over- or under-thrown. Watch Manzanares at RB - he is monster who came out of nowhere this year as a walk-on.

In the past, there has been a good turn-out of UND fans at Davis. I hope that's the case because we really need to boost attendance which has been to 6000 even after school started. The forecast is for our usual California football weather - it will be sunny and about 70 degrees.

UND does what UNC did last weekend: give one away one the road.

Davis at home scores late due to UND mismanagement, wins by four.

(I'll guess the mismanagement to be clock management related, not that that is overtly predictable with this 'coaching' regime.)