SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Webcast

siouxfan512

I've contacted neulion about this problem and they returned that I'm the only one that has contacted them concerning the problem. I think others have posted a similar problem on one of the threads, but I'm not going to reread them all. If you do have this problem, please contact neulion. I'm asking this because I do not have the same problem with america one or any other stream.

Each time I watch video on undinsider, I have to empty cache and cookies. If I don't do that, I get constant buffering, very short blips, but constant. After emptying, the problem goes away. I would like to avoid continuing this process in light of the fact that it is not necessary for me to do it with any stream but neulions. If it's only me that complains, neulion has no reason to explore a fix.

I've contacted neulion about this problem and they returned that I'm the only one that has contacted them concerning the problem. I think others have posted a similar problem on one of the threads, but I'm not going to reread them all. If you do have this problem, please contact neulion. I'm asking this because I do not have the same problem with america one or any other stream.

Each time I watch video on undinsider, I have to empty cache and cookies. If I don't do that, I get constant buffering, very short blips, but constant. After emptying, the problem goes away. I would like to avoid continuing this process in light of the fact that it is not necessary for me to do it with any stream but neulions. If it's only me that complains, neulion has no reason to explore a fix.

I have the same issue, and you are correct others have also reported this. I have messaged Neulion and they do as they always do and say it is on my end. I run tons of other live and recorded feeds without issues including the WatchBigSky live events. The recorded shows also blur and than clear during watching with is also annoying. I will message them again, but I expect the same response back.

Question for you guys about laptop to TV (new 50" LED smart TV) hookup: I don't have an HDMI port on my laptop and I don't have a VGA on my new TV.

Is buying a "Displayport to HDMI" adapter the best way to go?

I was in a similar situation and bought this a few months ago - works great:

http://www.amazon.com/IO-Crest-Convertor-support-SY-ADA31025/dp/B006FILNV6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381521103&sr=8-1&keywords=vga+to+hdmi+with+sound

I have the same issue, and you are correct others have also reported this. I have messaged Neulion and they do as they always do and say it is on my end. I run tons of other live and recorded feeds without issues including the WatchBigSky live events. The recorded shows also blur and than clear during watching with is also annoying. I will message them again, but I expect the same response back.

I've messaged them also more than once and get the same canned response, word for word. Guess we're stuck with whatever the problem is, that neulion, and no other video stream provider, has.

At the same time I was having these buffering problems with archived video on undinsider, I went to Miami's site, who also uses neulion, and streamed a coach's show without problem, so, maybe it isn't neulion?

I've messaged them also more than once and get the same canned response, word for word. Guess we're stuck with whatever the problem is, that neulion, and no other video stream provider, has.

At the same time I was having these buffering problems with archived video on undinsider, I went to Miami's site, who also uses neulion, and streamed a coach's show without problem, so, maybe it isn't neulion?

IT could be the web site. I agree. I am copying in the response that I got from Neulion. The reason I think many folks do not ask them questions is they do not actually try to fix anything. How many times do you have to say to make sure the software is up to date. Do they not understand it when I tell them that other sites and videos, live feeds, etc. work well. The comment I would make to folks is DO NOT run the game on IE. Use Google Chrome for your best opportunity to have the best feed.

Below is the canned response:

Dear Subscriber,

Please ensure that you are up to date with all of your software. Please just verify by downloading the following:

Microsoft Internet Explorer:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/ie/getitnow.mspx

Adobe Flash Player:

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

If these do not correct the problem, please try downloading and installing Google Chrome:

http://www.google.com/chrome

If you experience the same issues in Google Chrome please first try to lower the bit rate or quality level to see if this improves playback for you. If you have the same issues on the lowest quality level please try the following.

Right-click on the video screen, and you should be given a list of Flash related options.

Please select "Settings..." from the list of options presented.

Along the bottom of the 'Settings' box, you'll see some tabs...

Click the 3rd tab over to the right (looks like a file folder with green arrow on top) and move the slider bar to the right until higher than 100 KB (1 MB is the next option to the right) Next, click the tab on the far left (looks like a monitor) and then uncheck the box that says "enable hardware acceleration". (if the box is unchecked already, try 'checking' the box).

Next, clear your browser cache and cookies and check for video improvement.

Please let us know if you continue to experience the same issues so we can help further troubleshoot your issue. Please also visit the two speed tests below and let us know what your download speeds are.

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest -- Select the New York target option as a baseline

http://speed.neulion.com:1855/nlspeedtest/

Thank you,

Neulion Support

How is the iPhone app working for everyone? I downloaded it, but it locks up when I try to log in to UND Insider for the premium content (I.e. the live feed of the game). Neulion is absolutely NO help - I emailed them before the game started and still haven't heard back. Not impressed so far...

The picture looks great on the desktop computer though.

Picture looks great when still or slow action, but when streamed via HDMI cable from PC to Samsung 50" Smart TV the action is still a little jittery and got a little worse near the end of the second period before smoothing out. Using Google Chrome, and a clean copy of that. It is just faster action that gets a little jittery. Definitely better than last week. Not sure what cold be causing it, but at least it is not buffering. The picture on my monitor looks a little better, so it seems like it is just during the expansion.

Looked great on both my laptop hdmi to TV and the iPhone app.

Jayson, was the freeze at about 8:48 left in the third another system wide thing?

8:48 is when mine froze up as well. Bumped it back about 45 seconds and my picture was more clear. First time watching a game on here and it was worth the money. Nice broadcast. Good option for not being able to watch in Fargo.